Stephen A. on Jerry Jones' GM justification

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Can’t believe I listened to the whole thing.

I wasn’t expecting a rational discussion. Ultimately, nothing learned from this (cuz we all know it) but kudos to them for being at least marginally observant.
The important thing is that they said it in a public forum!
We all have talked about this for years, but the media hasnt.
So it was something that they said all this publicly.

This will get back to jerry and stephen. Probably wont phase them enough to change their ways ,but it needs to be said by the media.
Say it over and over lol, then maybe things change.

I would like to have the audio on this talk jerry had with hill while he was drinking, because he was saying what he really thinks.,

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Recently Jerry talked with Clarence Hill about his role as GM.
Along with a bunch of F words, (Jerry was drinking) Jerry said no one else can do what he does for the cowboys as GM, and he is the
best GM in the world for this org.(The Cowboys)

This show the people talk about this and the problems that all lead back to Jerry as GM. Every issue we have talked about here is brought up
in this show. What Jerry said, says to me he wont be stepping down anytime soon,(he said he isnt old yet lol) And that he thinks he is not only doing
a good job at GM, he thinks he is doing a great job!

Won't make any difference, but I am cutting back on the amount of Cowboys games I am watching this year

Jerry has finally broken me.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
“I bought the team for $140 million. It’s mine to do with it as I please.”

That’s all he ever needed.

It’s never going to change as long as JJ is healthy and has the energy to it, or he eventually passes away.

plasticman

Reaction score
It's as if my loyalty to this team has been taken hostage by a madman for 30 years.

He's an educated man. He is reasonably intelligent. He is financially successful.

What in the world makes him believe that he is even a credible GM.

Has it been so long that Jerry doesn't remember how GM's are evaluated?

Have won a Super Bowl in past 10 years: Good GM.
Have not won a Super Bowl in past 10 years: Fired GM.

Would any other NFL franchise hire Jerry Jones to be their GM? He wouldn't get an interview.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It's always funny how Jerry's compelled to go bonkers when anyone suggests he's unfit as a GM. It's an unforgiveable idea to him. :muttley:
The defensiveness is Jerry's ego being challenged, and the cognitively dissonant knowledge deep down inside that he's a joke and a fraud who is holding this franchise back.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s really no breaking news here except Jethro owning up with his brutal honesty. This is what I admire most about him.

He tells us exactly his intentions and feelings but we continue letting him string us along like a bunch of puppies or addicted crack heads waiting for the next fix.

As fans we’ve never forced the issue . And it’s allowed him to continue his ways. It’s gone so far now as him basically saying he’s going to cram it down our throats . Now what are you going to do about it Cowboy fans?

I suspect we’ll do nothing. And continue feeding him . And if we do then this is what we deserve .

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Forgetting what Jerruh said for a moment: it's so comforting seeing the guy who's supposed to be the mastermind of our team, sitting there in an interview drunk, red-faced and yellow teethed and liver spotted, just blathering off like a guy at an office Christmas party who is too unprofessional and stupid to not drink too much and start running his mouth and make a fool of himself.

The Idiot at any of your offices where you work, is on par with our GM.

timb2

Reaction score
Us Cowboys fans are like Raiders fan were under Al Davis. Just waiting for Jerry to die so we can win again.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop
Replying
To
Fellow
Members
By
Describing
Them (OR YOURSELF)
As
Derogatory and Offensive

Terms

The next post with a fellow CowboysZone member mentioning a body member will result in more than just a permanent thread ban.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And fans think Dak wants to stay in Dallas.
Of course he does. Aside from Mahomes, he is the most visible and marketable player in the league for only one reason: he is the starting qb for the cowboys. He hasn't won anything or lifted any trophies. He makes 50M a year in additional income from using his spotlight in Dallas to endorse products and make appearances.

He may get a salary bump if he leaves but his net income will go down if he leaves Dallas.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Of course he does. Aside from Mahomes, he is the most visible and marketable player in the league for only one reason: he is the starting qb for the cowboys. He hasn't won anything or lifted any trophies. He makes 50M a year in additional income from using his spotlight in Dallas to endorse products and make appearances.

He may get a salary bump if he leaves but his net income will go down if he leaves Dallas.
He does not make $50M a year in additional income. It will not go down if he leaves.

Going to NY good chance it could go up.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Jerry has really upped the profanity lately. We might not have much longer with the God King.

diamonddelts

Reaction score

Making up random numbers and pulling them from a southern orifice.