Stephen A. on Jerry Jones' GM justification

blueblood70

Reaction score
First of all let me tell you this Jerry just says those things and you guys take it out of context and blow it up if you read between the lines he's just saying if he hired a GM here the GM would still have to answer to him because the front office Jerry Jones Steven Jones they usually have the last word but they are not as bad as you all make them out to me he just needs to shut up the things he says in public makes him look like a clown and makes him look like he doesn't know what he's doing he gets himself in trouble with his mouth that's OK.. Like Prescott said you just ignore what he says because it doesn't carry much weight it's hyperbole he likes to be heard however behind the scenes Prescott respects Jerry Jones and so do a lot of people around the NFL and a lot of players because behind the scenes he's not the same person as he is with the microphone shoved in his face....

You know as well as I that's not how it works here they literally will blame Jerry for anything it doesn't work but say it was will mcclay when it does work you know the scouting department they'll give credit to everyone this same thing when Jimmy was here ever since then Jerry had nothing to do with any of that that was all Jimmy even though who hired Jimmy who was Jimmy's friend that Jimmy probably wouldn't have coached in the NFL and if he did it would not have worked out the exact same way the things that happened between Jerry and Jimmy happened because they happened together and the situation cannot be recreated...

So yes,

we realize Jerry has his flaws and we realize he talks too much in public he brings too much attention to himself and he says things that don't make sense half the time but ignore those like Prescott.

I don't care what the guy says he at least has three Lombardi trophies a gold jacket for his ownerships and contributions to the NFL , yes he's in the Hall of Fame, he's had our team relative to a point where top six and wins... yes in the regular season but those count, those matter,, he has a lot of division titles and just recently somehow he hired a coach that has 36 wins, two division titles, and three straight playoff appearances ,so matter of fact we went to the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years....thats nothing?

But no one gives Jerry's credit for anything because he brings undue attention to himself because he's a mouthpiece here but he does rely on his very large group of management his scouting department and his coaches and I think he has a pretty damn good set of those because we wouldn't be drafting this well and being put in this situation we've been in lately where all these young players are due for giant contracts... I mean he has to be at least a good GM to do that not just a good owner, I don't think he's been the GM here for at least five years going on 10 this is the will McClay but you still have to give Jerry's credit for paying will McClay, ALOT, and hiring all these people in management and that know how to do the cap the contracts and look down the road and keep this thing going..

There are worse situations in the NFL with regular GM's you can fire all the GM's you want you can change locations move out of state you can change ownership you can do all that cause I've seen that around the NFL and there are a lot of teams that can't do what the Dallas Cowboys have done over the last 10 years, we've remained top six and win percentage and we're still on prime time all the time and apparently we're one of the most talked about and most recognizable teams on the planet and yes the team happens to be worth the most as well...

So ,

I would not say that Jerry Jones is great at his job he is not a top executive GM however he is not bad he is not terrible he is not even middle of the road he literally I don't know could be considered maybe the 10th best GM slash owner I know people are not going to give him credit because they're going to say he's not going to Super Bowls we haven't been doing NFC championship game in a long time we haven't want anything significant in 28 years but I can tell you there's about I don't know 20 other teams we could probably talk about the same way and they do it the traditional way they have their GM separate from their owners and do things the way this place thinks it should be done and they can't even win divisions on a regular basis they don't have winning percentages that can even match ours they literally are not on prime time all the time so something good is happening here just because he's not a top five guy he's not some genius GM executive that gets creative and assertive aggressive or all in he gets dinged because of his mouth and I get it but he is not as bad as people make him out to be because there are far worse situations in the NFL run by GM's who constantly get fired and they still can't get it done...

I'm not gonna sit here and say Jerry Jones is a great executive or a great owner but I'm gonna tell you all the crap that he gets around here being called bad terrible the worst GM ever that is all absolutely wrong... And like I said I believe he could be put around 10 as a gym the man has this team winning games in a regular season winning division titles and at least you're a contender when you make the playoffs on a regular basis that makes you a contender whether they fall short or not they're teams with longer droughts they're teams like Cleveland they can't even win a division title since 1986 there's more of those to speak of Jerry has his team better than at least 20 other teams that allegedly have better executives.. Somehow the owners don't meddle with those teams they fire people all the time but they still can't put together teams that are as competitive as the ones Jerry Jones puts together..thats a FACT.

Again I'm not sticking up for the guy he annoys me as much as some of the other people that get on TV whether it's players or political figures and they just run their mouth and they say **** that they shouldn't yes Jerry's all full of hyperbole he's full of quotes he's full of nonsensical nonsense but behind the scenes he's done a pretty damn good job he just hasn't brought us over the finish line and lot of executives can say that as well they can't even keep their team winning I mean you realize what Prescott healthy to start and finish the season there's no losing seasons that is something.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Of course he does. Aside from Mahomes, he is the most visible and marketable player in the league for only one reason: he is the starting qb for the cowboys. He hasn't won anything or lifted any trophies. He makes 50M a year in additional income from using his spotlight in Dallas to endorse products and make appearances.

He may get a salary bump if he leaves but his net income will go down if he leaves Dallas.
You are clueless. His advertising contracts do not automatically expire if he leaves the Cowboys. How dumb do you think his agent is?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Of course he does. Aside from Mahomes, he is the most visible and marketable player in the league for only one reason: he is the starting qb for the cowboys. He hasn't won anything or lifted any trophies. He makes 50M a year in additional income from using his spotlight in Dallas to endorse products and make appearances.

He may get a salary bump if he leaves but his net income will go down if he leaves Dallas.
If Dak wanted to stay in Dallas all he would need to do is pull a Zach Martin and hold out a week before opening day.