News: Stephen A. Smith actually defends the Dallas Cowboys

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Now, I'm not climbing up the naïve tree in my response...

Since the new and grand stadium was built, and through National calamity in the country's financial community, and with major banks requiring bail out...Jerry put up the 9th wonder of the world.

Good stuff...huh?

What has been the constant attribute given to a Dallas fan while at their home stadium? I tell you what the media and many Cowboys fans have stated...the crowd was too high brow and did not provide a home field advantage for the team. There flatly, is no home field such as in Seattle, New York, Philadelphia, or even an Oakland. Too many fans were high brow in nature, and the Cowboys were even much better on the field, when all they had to deal with was a hostile environment.

Oh, one will find a good fan...and there are still many who have been yelling their hearts out...for a very long time. They have a heart.

But even a Stephen A. Smith, an avowed Cowboy hater, stood up for the talent on the team at present.

When a Cowboy hater is able to see the discrepancy in actually rooting for a team and just a continual laid back stadium presence with much insult and and degrading of a team that is pointing solidly up now...then yea, opinion or not, maybe some of the negative members, and there are many, perhaps should evaluate where they are actually standing if they are only on the ride to root for a Champion. EVERYONE and every fan wants a Champion...but some support their team fully, when they are building up as well.

Sorry, this fan isn't buying they are one step away from the undertaker...

And the Monday morning quarterback's club has always complained about three things...the Head Coach/owner; the Quarterback; or the play selection or coaching staff. The negative cause hasn't changed an ounce over the years. But I remember well, when a fan could be positive about HIS team and without being challenged and ridiculed for being a fool...

Yea, Stephen Smith has a lot of the score correct...even if he is a traitor of Cowboys all the rest of the time.

Nad removal? Now that's a socially redeemable feature...:)
To me..

the reason it doesn't workout as a Home Field afvantage is there are too many distraction there..

the huge screen..the dancing in the cages in the endzone..the excessive art work..th opulent food courts..

the whole experience invites the game and players to be secondary to the purpose it was built..

for the Cowboys to dominate on the field.

Texas Stadium was completely different.

The fans were more homogenous there. The lower seats were a mix of wealthy and average fans enjoying the game.

Now its all segregated. The luxury boxes full of corporate elites overlook the seated fans who are still high rollers but not like the boxes.

And then you have the poor fans who have to watch SRO from the endzone standing the whole time.

It is not a traditional football game experience and it affects the game negatively from the hometeam standpoint.

During timeout..endless commercials are running promoting something. Fans are bewildered and part of the time they are trying to refocus on the game and not cheering or involved.

This does not happen in other stadiums.

So again..this is all Jerrah's doing and over handed shaping of what he envisions and like so much of what he does..

its a mix of good and bad..too little or too much.

He's become a very curious owner and owns the last 22 yrs of failure well.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
To me..

the reason it doesn't workout as a Home Field afvantage is there are too many distraction there..

the huge screen..the dancing in the cages in the endzone..the excessive art work..th opulent food courts..

the whole experience invites the game and players to be secondary to the purpose it was built..

for the Cowboys to dominate on the field.

Texas Stadium was completely different.

The fans were more homogenous there. The lower seats were a mix of wealthy and average fans enjoying the game.

Now its all segregated. The luxury boxes full of corporate elites overlook the seated fans who are still high rollers but not like the boxes.

And then you have the poor fans who have to watch SRO from the endzone standing the whole time.

It is not a traditional football game experience and it affects the game negatively from the hometeam standpoint.

During timeout..endless commercials are running promoting something. Fans are bewildered and part of the time they are trying to refocus on the game and not cheering or involved.

This does not happen in other stadiums.

So again..this is all Jerrah's doing and over handed shaping of what he envisions and like so much of what he does..

its a mix of good and bad..too little or too much.

He's become a very curious owner and owns the last 22 yrs of failure well.
Don't forget the terrible rap music played LOUDLY at every single timeout. It's a circus. I enjoy away games better. I've been to about 20-25 at the new stadium. Several times the crowd has been great, but I've been to a Monday night game against the Giants, and you could hear a pin drop.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Don't forget the terrible rap music played LOUDLY at every single timeout. It's a circus. I enjoy away games better. I've been to about 20-25 at the new stadium. Several times the crowd has been great, but I've been to a Monday night game against the Giants, and you could hear a pin drop.
Forgot about that.

Yep.

Its like Jerrah tries to appeal to too many types of fans and just ends up missing the sweet spot where the base of his support for yhe team is.

And because of all the electronics..

its a cross between sitting in your living room with your big screen and phone in your hand taking in the game.

Half the fans are watching the jumbotron and not the game on the field.

The other half are watching the instant replay instead of cheering.

Its really a disjointed experience that has effected the team and Jerrah just adds another piece of art on the walkways.

Its very strange.