Stephen A. Smith: "The Cowboys have nothing to lose by signing Antonio Brown."

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What team chemistry are you seeing? AB couldn't possible mess it up more than it already is.
Do you have an example of issues with out team chemistry or are you another "sky is falling" fan?
If you honestly think AB wouldn't make things worse I think you severely underestimate the cancer he was and is. I haven't witnessed legit issues since Dez Bryant.

Big_D

Reaction score
Nothing to lose... but their dignity! Just kidding, that’s been gone for years!

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Do you have an example of issues with out team chemistry or are you another "sky is falling" fan?
If you honestly think AB wouldn't make things worse I think you severely underestimate the cancer he was and is. I haven't witnessed legit issues since Dez Bryant.

Look at the team these past weeks or even through the last 6 and tell me they enjoy playing with each other. Tell me they have the energy and passion to play and win their games. Tell me the players respect one another and their coach.

Whats that? You can't tell me the answer to any of those questions? oh yeah. That's why AB can't make it any worse.

Silly

Reaction score
Don't need a wr. We need a Offensive tackle or a NT.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I mean they honestly don't. What would we lose? We are on a 3 game losing streak. Our WR's are injured. Our QB is throwing egotistical shots now (I think, the article wasn't very clear). They have no energy, respect, or passion for each other in that locker room. Head coach is garbage and likely on his way out. AB either shows up for the games and helps us win, or he becomes a locker room cancer, in which our locker room already reeks of depression and desperation.
He would be put on the exempt list the second he signed.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Look at the team these past weeks or even through the last 6 and tell me they enjoy playing with each other. Tell me they have the energy and passion to play and win their games. Tell me the players respect one another and their coach.

Whats that? You can't tell me the answer to any of those questions? oh yeah. That's why AB can't make it any worse.
So you have no legit examples, you're simply speculating based on losing games and emotions/body language associated with losing.
There's a big difference.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
So you have no legit examples, you're simply speculating based on losing games and emotions/body language associated with losing.
There's a big difference.

Dak literally just threw shots at his teammates here: https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/phi...wboys-dak-prescott-carson-wentz-20191017.html

That's a sign of locker room problems right there. And body languages shows more than words often times. If someone is has cuts and constantly cries but says their fine, you're going to take their word for it or are you gonna read their body language and their behavior to see that something is clearly wrong? I'm taking the latter here.

JayFord

Reaction score
Why not??

the media and everyone else takes a fat crap on us anyways

we have nothing to lose at all...whats he gonna bring? Controversy? We already have that

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Don't take the bait folks. I don't know how many times this has to be said, the Commissioner is not going to allow AB to play ball, until his specific situation is dealt with. Bringing AB in is a waste of time and resources because he will never be allowed to play.

Argue all day, half the night, over why or why not he might be a good thing, it's all irrelevant. This is a none starter guys. Signing him or not, he is not going to play football this year, until all of this is put tobed and that aint gonna be a one or two game thing. If you are lucky, you sign him and maybe you see him available towards the end of the year, maybe....... but probably not.

Everybody saying we have nothing to lose is completely wrong. You bring him in and the media will have a field day. Not only will there be all kinds of negative stories but, they will be camped out on every corner, trying to find a story or make one up. The focus on the team, will undoubtedly be a distraction and who knows what else they might dig up? There is no upside to this, we need to move on and stop taking the bait.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
A hole wants that to happen because all SAS thinks about and dreams about is the Cowboys, his entire life is Cowboys hatred.
Anytime SAS has any opinion on who the Cowboys should sign, is just driven by pure hatred.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dak literally just threw shots at his teammates here: https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/phi...wboys-dak-prescott-carson-wentz-20191017.html

That's a sign of locker room problems right there. And body languages shows more than words often times. If someone is has cuts and constantly cries but says their fine, you're going to take their word for it or are you gonna read their body language and their behavior to see that something is clearly wrong? I'm taking the latter here.
To adult, professional athletes - that's motivation. Not the drama you're speculating on.

When a team is on a losing streak and lost 3 close games, you're going to see that type of body language. You're speculating.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I think he can absolutely make it worse and would if he were signed but the better question is, what can he make better if he were to get signed?

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Antonio Brown will never be a Cowboy. Ever.

Now let’s move on from this stupid non-story.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Bring in AB and your going to need to bring in 3 more Witten's for the locker room.

Creeper

Reaction score
Stephen A is wrong about AB, but he is right about JG. The Cowboys have to have so much talent to overcome JGs horrible coaching. Imagine what a coach who gets more out of lesser talent could do with this team?

Lutonio

Reaction score
As cheesy as it sounds, dignity and respect have to count for something. I would honestly rather lose without him.

Besides, I don't want to read conspiracy threads about how the NFL has stepped up its investigations after joining the Cowboys.

Shane612

Reaction score
AB wouldn't be happy in Dallas. Especially when things aren't going well. Throwing him into that locker room would be like throwing gasoline on to a house fire.