Stephen: All that's on our mind is getting Dak extended

Jarntt

Reaction score
Pretty much expected from a team that is incapable of making any type of significant change in philosophy. In their mind we are always one player or one break away from a SB. Pretty much explains why we do nothing substantial with regards to player acquisition most years. Rinse, repeat...

Big_D

Reaction score
Pretty much expected from a team that is incapable of making any type of significant change in philosophy. In their mind we are always one player or one break away from a SB. Pretty much explains why we do nothing substantial with regards to player acquisition most years. Rinse, repeat...
They have no money at all to do anything substantial. It will be more of the same.

Jarntt

Reaction score
They have no money at all to do anything substantial. It will be more of the same.
That's not true. They are only $4M over the cap. Once they sign CeeDee they go way under. There are players other than Dak that can be restructured. Any free agent they sign would be significantly backloaded and the 2024 cap hit would be small. They can pretty much sign any player. I'm not suggested they do this, but if you just are talking numbers, they can also save like $30M by cutting Dak.

Big_D

Reaction score
That's not true. They are only $4M over the cap. Once they sign CeeDee they go way under. There are players other than Dak that can be restructured. Any free agent they sign would be significantly backloaded and the 2024 cap hit would be small. They can pretty much sign any player. I'm not suggested they do this, but if you just are talking numbers, they can also save like $30M by cutting Dak.
They’re 9M over. The Dak deal gets done, they save 21M, they pay Lamb, even a couple restructures and you’re still looking at minimal dollars for some pretty big holes and some more dumpster diving. They keep kicking that can down the road and it just keeps getting worse!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like all these options, I thought we were 8 million under but hey 4 is better

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They’re 9M over. The Dak deal gets done, they save 21M, they pay Lamb, even a couple restructures and you’re still looking at minimal dollars for some pretty big holes and some more dumpster diving. They keep kicking that can down the road and it just keeps getting worse!
reported I was hearing we could net like 80 million to spend this off season, do i EVER think they would GO ALL IN like this, hell no

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
I know it’s not an airport and I won’t announce it when it happens but there is zero chance I stick around if Dak gets extended . It would be a total waste of time to watch.
I’ll always be a Cowboys fan so I won’t be switching teams after 46 years but as I get older ( I’m 56) my time is more valuable . I’ll find something else to do until Dak and Jerry are finally the hell gone then I’ll try and make my way back. I cant imagine I’m the only one feeling this way,

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Here's what's on their mind most of the time:

Homer Monkey Brain GIFs | Tenor
That’s were Jason Garett went!

Qcard

Reaction score
Lions, Texans, 9ers, Bills, Dolphins, Ravens...

look like they all exited with some dignity intact.
Wow!! I've heard Participation Trophy Era described in many ways but your post has to be cringiest.

What is your definition of intact dignity?

Do you think Steve Wilks 49ers DC felt like his dignity was intact after getting fired?

Why should 2023 Texans fans feel their dignity is more intact than Cowboy fans after Prescott 2016 rookie season?

Do Bills Fans Dignity feel intact after Allen got his OC fired In-Season and has consistently led the league in Turnover?

Did Greg Roman leave the Ravens fans feeling their dignity intact?

Do Dolphins feel like their dignity is intact after firing Vic Faggio?

Lions fans have their dignity intact clll every time Dan Campbell talks :laugh: :lmao2:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow!! I've heard Participation Trophy Era described in many ways but your post has to be cringiest.

What is your definition of intact dignity?

Do you think Steve Wilks 49ers DC felt like his dignity was intact after getting fired?

Why should 2023 Texans fans feel their dignity is more intact than Cowboy fans after Prescott 2016 rookie season?

Do Bills Fans Dignity feel intact after Allen got his OC fired In-Season and has consistently led the league in Turnover?

Did Greg Roman leave the Ravens fans feeling their dignity intact?

Do Dolphins feel like their dignity is intact after firing Vic Faggio?

Lions fans have their dignity intact clll every time Dan Campbell talks :laugh: :lmao2:
It means they went down fighting the whole game.

Instead of laying down from the get go.

I would think someone NOT blaming Dak wouldn't get attacked. I was wrong. You got your internet tough guy emoji ops in full motion.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I use Spotrac and have found over time it is much more accurate than "over the cap". I didn't go through player by player to see what was different between the two. Signing a player this year won't be a problem if that is what they want to do. The cap is tied to Dak and what they do with Dak will determine how much flexibility they have. If they extend him, that is what will make the problem worse down the road.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Stephen and Jerry: Oh my gosh, "i can't sleep, I can't eat, my house is on fire, the Yacht won't work, the helicopter has no wings, all I've been thinking about is my QB!" uhh lol
Sounds like the makings of a great late 90’s R&B song.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

They’re not gonna be big spenders in FA. As SJ said JJ is always “all in”. It’s all lip service to keep fans engaged. Last big FA they signed was Carr, and they’ve had multiple years with money under the cap to grab someone and they didn’t. Even when the team looked to be a player or 2 away. If history is any type of measuring stick it will be bargain bin cheap FA with maybe a few getting cut at TC.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I know it’s not an airport and I won’t announce it when it happens but there is zero chance I stick around if Dak gets extended . It would be a total waste of time to watch.
I’ll always be a Cowboys fan so I won’t be switching teams after 46 years but as I get older ( I’m 56) my time is more valuable . I’ll find something else to do until Dak and Jerry are finally the hell gone then I’ll try and make my way back. I cant imagine I’m the only one feeling this way,
You're not. My buddy just got a coaching gig with the Patriots so I'll be rooting for them this year.