Twitter: Stephen - Gallup could miss 2 or 3 games

birdwells1

Reaction score
Yeah....we already knew this was going to happen. He could potentially miss even more games than that. Let's see.
When they let Cooper go and signed Gallup they said that he was on schedule for the start of the season. People bought into that the Jones's lie and the outrage wasn't as intense. Now that everything has settled down, they give us the real timeline.

Jipper

Reaction score
Not sure why I’m checking this board multiple times per day when we’ve only had bad news this off-season (outside of re-signing a few of our guys).

I’m out….talk to you guys the week of the draft.

im right there with you....i long on, look for blue, then feel blue then turn off...then do it again 15 mins later

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Honestly at this point I can see them drafting a tight end early and use him as if he was Kyle pitts. Gallup HOPEFULLY is only out 2-3 games.

75boyz

Reaction score
Team has an unreliable history of providing accurate injury updates to the public.

Better to approach this matter on a seeing is believing level imo.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yep started already. I been saying at least will start on PUP. It is what his team does.
This 2 to 3 weeks will then turn to start on PUP. Saying precautionary and will be 6 weeks, which will then be 8 weeks.
I would probably bet on it if Vegas had odds.

1st pick…WR Chris Olave….which I am ok with.

That's smart team building right there. Use 3 of the last 4 first round picks on WRs.

And then wonder why we have issues at interior OL, or on the edge, or at DT.

rambo2

Reaction score
I was thinking that he would miss 4 games. Whatever it is he will be back for most of the season.

Motorola

Reaction score

Team GM going public with a return-to-play timetable implicitly puts pressure on a player to adhere to that timetable..... instead of the player proceeding through rehabilitation \ training under plan(s) by medical personnel and trainers - that can be adjusted with regards to the progress of the player.
Irresponsible on the GM's part IMO.

Motorola

Reaction score
Some of y'all take things to literally... He was asked a question and guessed.. Could be more could be less.. R-E-L-A-X
Why not just make a non-specific response along the lines of "From reports I know, Gallup is rehabbing well; as the offseason progresses, we can then provide an estimated timetable on his return to play."

If Jones has no real information on what's happening - it's no harm to just defer answering the question to a later time.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What they say and what they are thinking can be two different things and when they decided to let Cooper go and keep Gallup, they knew there was a possibility he would not be 100% for a significant part of this season.

That is why I think the first pick is WR and Booger thinks he's being clever saying OL and will throw other teams, all hanging by a thread to see what the mighty Cowboys will do, off the trail.

I think he believes he can get an OL in the 2nd round that will be better than a WR in the 2nd. Gallup was a very good pick but he is still a #2. And I do not think they're sold on Lamb as a WR1.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yet people ask why are we looking at wr so high in the draft. We're looming at Lamb, Washington, Brown and Semi
Well that pretty much is opening day right now Dak Squad, please dont leave out our franchised TE in receiving options.
turner and Vasher have mad upside though.

fivetwos

Reaction score
What they say and what they are thinking can be two different things and when they decided to let Cooper go and keep Gallup, they knew there was a possibility he would not be 100% for a significant part of this season.

That is why I think the first pick is WR and Booger thinks he's being clever saying OL and will throw other teams, all hanging by a thread to see what the mighty Cowboys will do, off the trail.

I think he believes he can get an OL in the 2nd round that will be better than a WR in the 2nd. Gallup was a very good pick but he is still a #2. And I do not think they're sold on Lamb as a WR1.
If they opt for another jersey seller in the first round I'm gonna lose it.

I firmly believe these two have the potential to have me not pay attention at all within five years.

This would turn the Cooper situation into a complete head scratcher.