Twitter: Stephen - Gallup could miss 2 or 3 games

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Team GM going public with a return-to-play timetable implicitly puts pressure on a player to adhere to that timetable..... instead of the player proceeding through rehabilitation \ training under plan(s) by medical personnel and trainers - that can be adjusted with regards to the progress of the player.
Irresponsible on the GM's part IMO.

They are generally very cautious with players returning from injury. That's probably one of the few things they do right managing a roster.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'll be so mad if we take a WR in Round 1. Solid guys, but nobody that's super blue chip.

Motorola

Reaction score
We just traded away our #1 wr who has mostly been reliable for a #2 receiver who seems injury prone now and may never return to form after the ACL and let our #3 walk who made us not miss a beat while our #2 was out.
"Who's on First?"

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was thinking 4 based on the loose timetable so 2-3 is better. But they need to be sure and not rush him back, give him a lighter work load when he gets back.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bro, Chris Olave is good, but I would take Jameson Williams with our 24th pick if he's still available.

Yes, Jameson's torn ACL might not be fully healed by the time the season starts, but when fully healed, he is lights out better than Chris Olave. Jameson is another Amari Cooper but slightly faster and more athletic.
We can get an outstanding WR in round 3-5. We need some hogs on both lines.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When Gallup was out for seven weeks w/a calf strain earlier in the year last season, Wilson took his spot & filled in admirably.

No reason for concern. We need Gallup to be 110% when he returns.
The reason for concern is what we have after Lamb and Gallup is garbage

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they opt for another jersey seller in the first round I'm gonna lose it.

I firmly believe these two have the potential to have me not pay attention at all within five years.

This would turn the Cooper situation into a complete head scratcher.
Not a head scratched for me about Cooper. His adherence to the protocol was the first strike. His addressing the targets, which was a direct shot at the QB, was strikes 2 and 3. Remember, Booger had already defended his Chosen One with the WR's were not running the proper routes. Which just happens to be Cooper's known strength.

They didn't even make an attempt to keep Beasley after he called the QB out. Thou shalt not call out the Chosen One.

I would prefer an OL or DL with that 1st but I also remember this QB without a true #1 and the difference Cooper made on his arrival. Are they going into this season with Lamb, Brown and Fehoko and some 4th rounder? Gallup will not be ready and may not be 100% all season.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not a head scratched for me about Cooper. His adherence to the protocol was the first strike. His addressing the targets, which was a direct shot at the QB, was strikes 2 and 3. Remember, Booger had already defended his Chosen One with the WR's were not running the proper routes. Which just happens to be Cooper's known strength.

They didn't even make an attempt to keep Beasley after he called the QB out. Thou shalt not call out the Chosen One.

I would prefer an OL or DL with that 1st but I also remember this QB without a true #1 and the difference Cooper made on his arrival. Are they going into this season with Lamb, Brown and Fehoko and some 4th rounder? Gallup will not be ready and may not be 100% all season.
On Cooper.....you're speaking in terms of actually why it happened....I'm speaking of how it looks in terms of overall football moves...as far as being a headscratcher I mean. I get what you're saying.

Then again, there seems to be a large disconnect between what makes sense and what happens around this team when the real explanation is.....we have screwed up several contract negotiations and are paying the price for it.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When Gallup was out for seven weeks w/a calf strain earlier in the year last season, Wilson took his spot & filled in admirably.

No reason for concern. We need Gallup to be 110% when he returns.
Wilson is now a Dolphiin.

Reactions: CWR

Loso86

Reaction score
Well that pretty much is opening day right now Dak Squad, please dont leave out our franchised TE in receiving options.
turner and Vasher have mad upside though.
Yea but I'm not sure people remeber what it was like before the Cooper trade. They HAVE add a veteran wr

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Recovery is generally 6 to 9 months. He had surgery 2/10/22, 6 months puts him in August. Based on the position he plays I think an Oct. return is the most likely scenario that would put him 8 months in. Cowboys will face a difficult decision, but short term IR is likely I think. New rules would allow him to return by October.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Recovery is generally 6 to 9 months. He had surgery 2/10/22, 6 months puts him in August. Based on the position he plays I think an Oct. return is the most likely scenario that would put him 8 months in. Cowboys will face a difficult decision, but short term IR is likely I think. New rules would allow him to return by October.

Thanks, yeah that's exactly what they will do.