Twitter: Stephen - Gallup could miss 2 or 3 games

morasp

Reaction score
Interestingly, didn't Burrows have the choice of Chase or an OT and he took the former.... which is fine for a young QB that's got everything in
Unfortunately, for Dak the votes (and WR's) have been cassed and he's just not that elite QB that given a couple of elite WR's is able to consistently lead us to victories against good teams.
We need a running game, we need to stop teams sitting back in coverage (and effectively pass rush with 4)....need to give Dak more time and we need to be able to take the time off the clock.
Units over individuals.
They absolutely need to build the trenches on both sides of the ball and bring in fresh legs at RB. They should learn from the wild card game. The good news is finding a good RB in the draft is much cheaper than WR.

Bullet22

Reaction score
Yep started already. I been saying at least will start on PUP. It is what his team does.
This 2 to 3 weeks will then turn to start on PUP. Saying precautionary and will be 6 weeks, which will then be 8 weeks.
I would probably bet on it if Vegas had odds.

1st pick…WR Chris Olave….which I am ok with.
Burks..

Rayman70

Reaction score
I like James Washington alot, much more than many, sneaky great signing. I even knew his family a little and my son played against him in HS(2013) twice a year. Great kid actually. That said, he aint a # 2 wr and with Michael being hurt, he will unfairly be expected 2 be that guy for about 3 weeks. JW is a complementary wr . I think the man is being thrust into a bad sitch from the word go. Awful what this front office is doing.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Laying Eggs once again like the Niner game will even dent Teflon Dak......
I just don't ever see them voluntarily diving into Mariota/Wentz/Garoppolo land.

The next QB will be that years version of Paxton Lynch or Connor Cook, then they will be stubborn with that loser trying to prove a point.

You've gotta be really bad for at least a season or two to have a shot to luck into the right guy.....which would be in line to happen after a few years of being aggressive and trying to win.....but they would rather just be average over the long haul than have peaks and valleys.

It's truly the exact opposite of what works in this league....but...secret sauce.

Rayman70

Reaction score
They absolutely need to build the trenches on both sides of the ball and bring in fresh legs at RB. They should learn from the wild card game.
agree 1000%. Its about fixing the interior lines, both sides. Getting more physical and bigger there. Drafting a WR early means we will be soft again. I would hate it...and yes, we need fresh legs at rb. If we draft a lineman early, I want Breece Hall in rd 2. Its not 2 early for him. He is special. Walker is another RB I like.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Gallup topic, turns into a bash Dak one..
Can't talk WR without taking into account the QB.
It's not blame, it's just the reality. Ignoring the fact means you don't overcome the issues....pretending we have a top offense just because of yards or number of points vrs losing teams results in near certain defeat in play-offs or against good teams

Jenky

Reaction score
The WebMD doctors say 6 games. I'm more inclined to believe them over any one on Dallas' staff.

blueblood70

Reaction score
the words could or possibly were used its worse case scenario doesn't mean it will happen. If it does it precautionary only he could easily start game 1..given his injury history they will pair on the side of caution and bring him back in slowly but it wont be 4 games id say 1-2 IF ANY..

if game 1 you see our offense chat the bed and cant move the ball , Gallups suddenly 100% for game 2 LOL will depend on our schedule and game plan on how much hes needed early as to how cautious they are with him..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can't talk WR without taking into account the QB.
It's not blame, it's just the reality. Ignoring the fact means you don't overcome the issues....pretending we have a top offense just because of yards or number of points vrs losing teams results in near certain defeat in play-offs or against good teams
near certain LMAO we lost by less than one score to all those Playoff teams..when you lose by 6 with that many mistakes ONLY 6 we are a lot more talented than fans admit. Just showing the record vs better teams without actually facts that each game was lost differently but all had too many mistakes to overcome mostly penalty's. when you have 14 penalty's and play a bad game and only lose by 3,6, 2, 3 6 etc etc you are talented and it was certain defeat..just wow the fans are just ignorant to actual facts.

Of course most teams have much better stats and records against lessor teams and a drop off against better teams..its natural smh.. the entire team fell apart not just the offense,

coaching , defense , st, and O far too many mistakes to overcome against a better/equal teams like az, raiders, and 9ers..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just don't ever see them voluntarily diving into Mariota/Wentz/Garoppolo land.

The next QB will be that years version of Paxton Lynch or Connor Cook, then they will be stubborn with that loser trying to prove a point.

You've gotta be really bad for at least a season or two to have a shot to luck into the right guy.....which would be in line to happen after a few years of being aggressive and trying to win.....but they would rather just be average over the long haul than have peaks and valleys.

It's truly the exact opposite of what works in this league....but...secret sauce.
There's a breaking point even for the goofball Jones clan.
Dak better upgrade his game big time or they will be drafting a QB in 2023.
Then again 26 years don't come easy so who knows when you're dealing with the Beverly Hillbillies of the NFL!!!!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
near certain LMAO we lost by less than one score to all those Playoff teams..when you lose by 6 with that many mistakes ONLY 6 we are a lot more talented than fans admit. Just showing the record vs better teams without actually facts that each game was lost differently but all had too many mistakes to overcome mostly penalty's. when you have 14 penalty's and play a bad game and only lose by 3,6, 2, 3 6 etc etc you are talented and it was certain defeat..just wow the fans are just ignorant to actual facts.

Of course most teams have much better stats and records against lessor teams and a drop off against better teams..its natural smh.. the entire team fell apart not just the offense,

coaching , defense , st, and O far too many mistakes to overcome against a better/equal teams like az, raiders, and 9ers..
Your reaction proves my point, excuses and deflections rather than admit that scoring only 19 pts and have two chances for game winning drives to win a play-off game....when you have a WR Corp of Coop, CeeDee and Gallup does kind of pinpoint a problem.
When an opposition CB disses you by saying we trusted in Dak not to beat us kind of emphasises that it doesn't matter who we play out wide.
Time to change emphasis on developing a strong O-Line, which by design: improves the running hame, improves protection, reduces coverage and a therefore improves the chances Dak finds his receivers.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Your reaction proves my point, excuses and deflections rather than admit that scoring only 19 pts and have two chances for game winning drives to win a play-off game....when you have a WR Corp of Coop, CeeDee and Gallup does kind of pinpoint a problem.
When an opposition CB disses you by saying we trusted in Dak not to beat us kind of emphasises that it doesn't matter who we play out wide.
Time to change emphasis on developing a strong O-Line, which by design: improves the running hame, improves protection, reduces coverage and a therefore improves the chances Dak finds his receivers.

your point was moot before you hit Post Reply..move on..not biting i saw all the games we lost over real facts not excuses a team cant have 14 penalty's and have their offense starting 1st and 20 many drives and win against a quality team,..move on

I whole heartedly disagree with you, and don't care what you think..felelgs don't matter facts do.,playing behind the chains over a horrid OL, no run game confusing paly calls etc etc we lost over mistakes, not talent level.

fivetwos

Reaction score
the words could or possibly were used its worse case scenario doesn't mean it will happen. If it does it precautionary only he could easily start game 1..given his injury history they will pair on the side of caution and bring him back in slowly but it wont be 4 games id say 1-2 IF ANY..

if game 1 you see our offense chat the bed and cant move the ball , Gallups suddenly 100% for game 2 LOL will depend on our schedule and game plan on how much hes needed early as to how cautious they are with him..
If we have a bye in the first week or two whenever they start, we probably don't see him until after.

I want to run more anyway so I'm not sweating it. Still way better than 2018 before the Cooper trade and they somehow won three games.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Nah, when Jimmie Ward says ..... “We went in there and did what we needed to do: Stop the run and force them to be one-dimensional. See if Prescott could win the game for them,” you know the league has our number, the 49ers didnt care that we had Coop (CeeDee and Gallup) and I doubt whether replacing your WR1 with comparative WR talent in the draft is going to change teams approach.
Jimmy Johnson never drafted an Olineman in the 1st round. He even admitted that he would leave the 1st round to other positions of need since good Olinemen can be had out of the 1st round if you do your homework and find them. Clearly, you are no Jimmy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If we have a bye in the first week or two whenever they start, we probably don't see him until after.

I want to run more anyway so I'm not sweating it. Still way better than 2018 before the Cooper trade and they somehow won three games.
beyond better situation then 2018 fans are undervaluing Lamb ,Schultz and yes force the OC to create a run game plan and use Lamb in PAS etc

REMINDER: drafts not here and FA doesn't end until the trade deadline. All this OMG its all going to suk attitudes this early is shockingly bad even for this place's mean overreaction city.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson never drafted an Olineman in the 1st round. He even admitted that he would leave the 1st round to other positions of need since good Olinemen can be had out of the 1st round if you do your homework and find them. Clearly, you are no Jimmy.
So using a philosophy from the last millennium, in an era before the CAP is relevant how???
Now your posts indicate you like the shiny/flashy players, great, but having excellent players at 'lesser' positions have the ability to enable and improve units and therefore enhances the performance of others around him.
Also come extension time you're not killing your CAP by extending 'lesser' talent that were drafted just because they were considered a good player at an elite position.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
your point was moot before you hit Post Reply..move on..not biting i saw all the games we lost over real facts not excuses a team cant have 14 penalty's and have their offense starting 1st and 20 many drives and win against a quality team,..move on

I whole heartedly disagree with you, and don't care what you think..felelgs don't matter facts do.,playing behind the chains over a horrid OL, no run game confusing paly calls etc etc we lost over mistakes, not talent level.
So follow the points made rather than try (unsuccessfully) to believe you're being trolled.