Twitter: Stephen: Gilbert had a “hell of a day” But Andy Dalton will be Dallas’ starting QB

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why? Dalton sucked. He was basically Brandon Weeden 2.0.

I’ll tell you why they’re going back to Dalton.. because they paid him a lot of money and by starting Gilbert, they’d be admitting how inept they are as a front office
On the other hand, Jerry does love to hit the jackpot with players nobody else thought could play.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Or the reverse. Really doesn't matter which way you go, season's shot already, even if you manage to win the East. Can you imagine this team playing the Saints, or such?

Oh, the horror....
It might end up like playing the Steelers, which wasn’t that terrible.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dalton beat the Giants with the same OL Dak played with. Now that Zach Martin is back and Moore showed a tendency to stick to the run, this is the obvious choice.

starfan1

Reaction score
Dalton beat the Giants with the same OL Dak played with after he had pissed away the lead that Dak had gotten.. Now that Zach Martin is back and Moore showed a tendency to stick to the run, this is the obvious choice.

FIFY

Reactions: CWR

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why is Stephen making these decisions? This is why this team is garbage...
hes not!!!!!!!!!!!!:facepalm:

you realize the messenger isn't necessarily make the decsions he answered a reporter who are at the start 24/7 shoving mics and cameras in their faces.. he happens to know the plan but guarantee this is MM decision and also Mm can pull dalton at any moment..the Jonses have NEVER made decisions on game day rosters and depth charts..

prove otherwise?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Why is Stephen making these decisions? This is why this team is garbage...

Good thinking. Stephen and Jerry are both too emotionally involved with their players -- it's something that a FO mustn't do. Managing a team demands being cold and calculating with their talent. They're much too passionate with their players and their talent to see things clearly and that's a shame. They're always saying how "they like their guys." It's a problem. Decent management doesn't work that way. Sound reasoning is where it's at. ;)

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mad? Or just not seeing the light

I don’t want them to lose. Just simply stating if you think this team has a shot in hell in the playoffs you’re crazy
I don't want to win every game, I just want to win the next one!

khiladi

Reaction score

So gaining leads with Dak as QB didn’t stop him from leading the Cowboys to the worst TO differential in the league? How about that beautiful INT Dak through to Cooper against the Browns to blow the game away, after stating down his WRs all day long... How many games did Dak lead this team back from outside Atlanta, who blows fourth quarter leads all the time? Oh yeah, that’s right.. ZERO

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
If Gilbert would have won the Pitt game he would have been fired in the locker room!

BRING ON DALTON! And this ain't no Dalton from the movie Road House either. Be "nice".

starfan1

Reaction score
So gaining leads with Dak as QB didn’t stop him from leading the Cowboys to the worst TO differential in the league? How about that beautiful INT Dak through to Cooper against the Browns to blow the game away, after stating down his WRs all day long... How many games did Dak lead this team back from outside Atlanta, who blows fourth quarter leads all the time? Oh yeah, that’s right.. ZERO
lol I think you need some more me time with your Romo posters. I was just commenting on Andy Dalton lol!

khiladi

Reaction score
lol I think you need some more me time with your Romo posters. I was just commenting on Andy Dalton lol!

Dalton won the game homie even after being down in his first start.. Dak could only comeback win against the Falcons who blow fourth quarter leads to everybody including Foles who threw three TDs against them in the fourth, and Dak too could only do it, because the Falcons couldn’t sit on a ball...

You act like Dak actually wins games when he’s stat padding against bums. He’s below league average for any NFL QB when they need a TD to win in the last four minutes.

starfan1

Reaction score
Dalton won the game homie even after being down in his first start.. Dak could only comeback win against the Falcons who blow fourth quarter leads to everybody including Foles who threw three TDs against them in the fourth, and Dak too could only do it, because the Falcons couldn’t sit on a ball...

You act like Dak actually wins games when he’s stat padding against bums. He’s below league average for any NFL QB when they need a TD to win in the last four minutes.
Lol you’re funny. Romo fans = wins are a team game except when it applies to Dak. You guys are such hypocrites

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It might end up like playing the Steelers, which wasn’t that terrible.

Have you looked at the Steelers schedule this year? Some of their opponents:
Giants, Broncos, Texans, Eagles, Browns, Titans, Ravens, Cowboys.

Other than the Titans and Ravens, the combined record of the other teams, without their win over the other teams, is 17-26-1. And 5 of those wins belong to the hot and cold Browns, take them away and the totals are 12-24-1.

I'll give them credit for winning close games, but let's not act like the Cowboys "hung tough" with the Chiefs....

foofighters

Reaction score
hes not!!!!!!!!!!!!:facepalm:

you realize the messenger isn't necessarily make the decsions he answered a reporter who are at the start 24/7 shoving mics and cameras in their faces.. he happens to know the plan but guarantee this is MM decision and also Mm can pull dalton at any moment..the Jonses have NEVER made decisions on game day rosters and depth charts..

prove otherwise?
How do you know he's not? Stephen and Jerry are one in the same and I am pretty sure they've got their hands on more than you think.

blueblood70

Reaction score
How do you know he's not? Stephen and Jerry are one in the same and I am pretty sure they've got their hands on more than you think.
because they dont.not one player or coach ex or present has said the jonses interfere with player depth charts and play time..it doesnt happen,.,