Stephen Jackson

cowheel

Reaction score
Not that Julius Jones has lit up the world...
but I do not regret NOT drafting Stephen Jackson at all.

That dude has no heart.

As far as I'm concerned... that draft day trade with the Bills is a "push".

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
What happened? Is this related to today's game? If so, what did he do or didn't do?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1733821 said:
What happened? Is this related to today's game? If so, what did he do or didn't do?

I think he took himself out of the game

after he came out, the Lambs missed two 4th and 1 chances...although I thought the 2nd one was more of s stupid play call than anything else...they were throwing all over them, should have just kept doing it

Linehan is a terrible HC, and so is the guy in Miami, Cam Cameron

David

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
dbair1967;1733824 said:
I think he took himself out of the game

after he came out, the Lambs missed two 4th and 1 chances...although I thought the 2nd one was more of s stupid play call than anything else...they were throwing all over them, should have just kept doing it

Linehan is a terrible HC, and so is the guy in Miami, Cam Cameron

David
Thanks for the info. I live in St. Louis area and many of the Rams' fans are crying for removal of Linehan. As for Jackson, since he just came off of injury, I wonder if he is still hurting. He has a pretty good first quarter so it's surprising that he took himself out if he was ok.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The word I read is that he hurt his back. He seems to get nicked far more than Julius.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
cowheel;1733799 said:

That dude has no heart.

He took himself out because he was injured. You do not know for sure or not how bad he was injured.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Wasn't his groin injured? Perhaps he re-injured that. I tried to play through a groin injury once -- for about 2 plays. I'll never question anyone's integrity for taking themself out of the game for that injury.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
theogt;1733851 said:
Wasn't his groin injured? Perhaps he re-injured that. I tried to play through a groin injury once -- for about 2 plays. I'll never question anyone's integrity for taking themself out of the game for that injury.

No they said it was his back.

But often playing through injury you have to work something else to compensate (for his groin).

May have been his back in this case.

I remember the 1st time I tweaked my groin in Pop_Warner... no child needs to go through that pain :mad:

Bryan8284

Reaction score
smarta5150;1733864 said:
No they said it was his back.

But often playing through injury you have to work something else to compensate (for his groin).

May have been his back in this case.

I remember the 1st time I tweaked my groin in Pop_Warner... no child needs to go through that pain :mad:

Lovely

SibannacRex

Reaction score
cowheel;1733799 said:

That dude has no heart.

I didn't realize the Warriors power forward made himself eligible for the NFL draft in 2004...

Oh wait, you mean Steven Jackson.

playmakers

Reaction score
I have to disagree. I seen the game and Jackson was carrying the Rams to a 14-0 score. He was running hard and showed heart. When he and Bulger got hurt thats when the Browns came back. Jackson hurt his grion again, it wasnt from lack of heart.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1733848 said:
The word I read is that he hurt his back. He seems to get nicked far more than Julius.

"Seems" and reality are two different things...

Jackson has missed 8 games in his career starting in 2004.

Jones missed 8 games in 2004 alone. He's missed 11 games overall.

I understand "nicked up" doesn't mean "missed games", but if he's putting up the numbers he normally does while "Nicked up" then I'll take him over JuJo anyday.

Imagine how good he'd be in Dallas where he wouldn't have to carry the load, which would help prevent him from getting "Nicked up" "far more" then JuJo.

;)

And for whoever questioned his heart, the guy is coming back from a freakin' groin injury. His team hasn't won a game all year. If he had "no heart" he wouldn't of come back so soon from that kind of injury just to suffer with his teammates. Especially with that sorry excuse of an OL they have now (with all the injuries).

I'd say "heart" is the last thing you'd have to worry about with him.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
playmakers;1733934 said:
I have to disagree. I seen the game and Jackson was carrying the Rams to a 14-0 score. He was running hard and showed heart. When he and Bulger got hurt thats when the Browns came back. Jackson hurt his grion again, it wasnt from lack of heart.

As smarta stated earlier, Jackson said he injured his back compensating for his groin injury.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Didn't Jackson almost catch 90 balls last year out the backfield? Julius and Kevin Jones is a better debate. Can't judge a banged up guy behind a make-shift o-line on a winless team.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1734110 said:
I will still take Steven Jackson over Julius Jones...

I agree, but barring injuries and playing on a crappy team K. Jones may be the best of the 3.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
theogt;1734164 said:

They were all sitting there when Dallas traded down and took Julius. During the draft a lot of people were arguing peple were arguing over who to take K. Jones or S. Jackson.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Doomsday;1734168 said:
They were all sitting there when Dallas traded down and took Julius. During the draft a lot of people were arguing peple were arguing over who to take K. Jones or S. Jackson.
But are you really trying to say that Kevin Jones is the best of the three based on what we know now?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
theogt;1734186 said:
But are you really trying to say that Kevin Jones is the best of the three based on what we know now?

I said his injury issues and the fact he plays on a team with a lousy offensive line a side, yes I think he is arguably the best of the 3. I would take him over JJ for sure if he could stay healthy.