Stephen Jackson

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowheel;1733799 said:
Not that Julius Jones has lit up the world...
but I do not regret NOT drafting Stephen Jackson at all.

That dude has no heart.

As far as I'm concerned... that draft day trade with the Bills is a "push".

Injured back = no heart???

:rolleyes:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
If we had drafted Jackson we wouldn't have Ware. Parcells wanted Spears first and only picked Ware first because SD wanted him.

JJ, Spears, Ware better than SJ and Spears

Big Dakota

Reaction score
smarta5150;1733864 said:
No they said it was his back.

But often playing through injury you have to work something else to compensate (for his groin).

May have been his back in this case.

I remember the 1st time I tweaked my groin in Pop_Warner... no child needs to go through that pain :mad:

No matter how Very VERY small that pain might be:D

superpunk

Reaction score
dwmyers;1734437 said:
In 2006 Stephen Jackson had 346 carries from the line of scrimmage and 90 receptions. That's 436 total totes..

And suddenly, mysteriously, in 2007 he's injury prone. The curse of 370 strikes again.

The curse of 370: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/index.php?p=4764

It's definitely real. Somehow, LT is immune.

Jackson will be back, though. Right now he's a great RB on a terrible team, riddled with injuries, especially to the Oline. There's no way you can't regret drafting him. Maybe we don't run him into the ground like Linehan. We made a bad decision going with Julius and Spears. That's all. Sometimes that happens.

JPM

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1734443 said:
If we had drafted Jackson we wouldn't have Ware. Parcells wanted Spears first and only picked Ware first because SD wanted him.

JJ, Spears, Ware better than SJ and Spears

Great post. If we had Jackson our record would probably have been better and we wouldn't even had a chance to draft Ware.

Reaction score
I don't get the idea of being injured is not having any heart... Someone please explain that boneheaded philosophy please..:confused:

silverblue

Reaction score
GoinForSix;1733960 said:
Can't judge a banged up guy behind a make-shift o-line on a winless team.

Could say the same thing about Julius for the previous years here.

khiladi

Reaction score
I would draft Jackson just for the fact that the commercial with the "Last of the Mohicans" song would be with him and a Cowboys uniform...

But you can't be serious... Imagine Jackson and Barber coming at you in the back-field...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
khiladi;1734949 said:
I would draft Jackson just for the fact that the commercial with the "Last of the Mohicans" song would be with him and a Cowboys uniform...

But you can't be serious... Imagine Jackson and Barber coming at you in the back-field...

Nope but I also don't want to think about our defense without Ware.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1735038 said:
Nope but I also don't want to think about our defense without Ware.

I was thinking the context was Julius versus Jackson, not Ware versus Jackson... Our picking Jackson wasn't contingent on getting Ware.. Marcus Spears was picked before Jackson...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
khiladi;1735075 said:
I was thinking the context was Julius versus Jackson, not Ware versus Jackson... Our picking Jackson wasn't contingent on getting Ware.. Marcus Spears was picked before Jackson...

If we draft Jackson then we don't get the second #1 pick the next year which we used to pick Ware. Parcells wanted Spears and would have used our #1 to pick him. So if we don't trade the pick we wouldn't have Ware.

You can't look at it in just the context of JJ vs Jackson without considering the trade.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1735084 said:
If we draft Jackson then we don't get the second #1 pick the next year which we used to pick Ware. Parcells wanted Spears and would have used our #1 to pick him. So if we don't trade the pick we wouldn't have Ware.

But they picked Ware, and word is, Jerry Jones wanted him.. Why would Parcells, if he believed Marcus Spears was that much better, allow him to drop to 21? I think they would have had Ware either way, because JJ wanted him...

kevwun

Reaction score
From what I've read it was back spasms. If you've ever had one, you understand why he left the game. When you're having them, lying down is the only way to ease the pain. It hurts like hades just trying to roll over. You are pretty much immobilized until they pass.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
khiladi;1735086 said:
But they picked Ware, and word is, Jerry Jones wanted him.. Why would Parcells, if he believed Marcus Spears was that much better, allow him to drop to 21? I think they would have had Ware either way, because JJ wanted him...

SD wanted Ware and would have taken him. He wouldn't have been there when we drafted. Parcells was in control of the draft.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
he came out of the game so the browns would win.....

so we wont have a top ten pick........

so we wont trade up and pick D.Mcfadden........

so we will sign him after next year and he can finally get his wish of being a Dallas Cowboy

Its all so obvious.......

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1735094 said:
SD wanted Ware and would have taken him. He wouldn't have been there when we drafted. Parcells was in control of the draft.

I'm still confused... We drafted 11th, meaning we took Ware ahead of San Diego... We wanted Ware, and we used our 11th pick on him, not Spears. Spears was our 21st pick...

We used our FIRST pick on Ware...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
khiladi;1735124 said:
I'm still confused... We drafted 11th, meaning we took Ware ahead of San Diego... We wanted Ware, and we used our 11th pick on him, not Spears. Spears was our 21st pick...

We used our FIRST pick on Ware...

Ok

Parcells didn't want Jackson so he traded the pick to Buffalo so they could pick Losman. We got their #1 the next year and I think a second...I don't remember.

So the next year we had two picks. Parcells picked Ware first because SD wanted him then took Spears with the second pick.

If we take Jackson we don't get that second pick. Parcells wanted Spears more than Ware. If we only had one pick we would have passed on Ware.

Therefore if we take Jackson we only end up with Jackson and Spears instead of JJ, Ware and Spears.

I don't know how else to put it.

hairic

Reaction score
Getting Jackson most likely means the position of our first pick falls (we'd win more). So we wouldn't be picking at #11 with Jackson.

Team with Julius: 6-10 and drafting 11th.
Team with Jackson: 6-10? 7-9? 8-8? 9-7?