Stephen Jones: “We’re just not executing. We just got a lot of work to do here."

black label

Reaction score
bunch of work to do for a 4-12 team, first thing to do is sign dak and get rid of spending cap

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Jones boys do this every year. They convince themselves that they are Super Bowl contenders then are dumbfounded when the team flounders.

The answer is always "we've got to execute better". It's never "we misjudged the talent of our roster and coaching staff". That would be admitting they screwed up.

Plankton

Reaction score
The Jones boys do this every year. They convince themselves that they are Super Bowl contenders then are dumbfounded when the team flounders.

The answer is always "we've got to execute better". It's never "we misjudged the talent of our roster and coaching staff". That would be admitting they screwed up.

They don't have the knowledge or self awareness to know that they screwed up.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
They don't have the knowledge or self awareness to know that they screwed up.

That's probably true but we also know they have egos the size of Texas, which becomes apparent whenever their "football guy" credentials are questioned.

Blaming "execution" is classic deflection. The talent (they acquired) is there, but it's the "execution" (players and coaches) screwing things up.

Reactions: BAT

Dre11

Reaction score
Garrett had a decade.. Couldn’t be more happier he is gone.

You may be right, but as you see that TOP running game philosophy would be great right now to protect this defense

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You may be right, but as you see that TOP running game philosophy would be great right now to protect this defense

Id rather lose then play 50/50 ball.

50/50 ball won’t win us a championship. I’m not interested in being mediocre. I’d rather be awful.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

50/50 ball won’t win us a championship. I’m not interested in being mediocre. I’d rather be awful.

I understand what you are saying but MM being worse than JG was my greatest fear.

Nolan is clearly worse than Marinelli.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out what time this good team plays that he's speaking of because through 4 weeks I could've swore I was watching a pop warner team

StylisticS

Reaction score
People would respect the owners more if they were directly honest with the fan base. Stop with the copy n paste responses over the past 20 years.

Just come straight out and say yes we know we suck and have major issues. We will be making changes shortly by xxxxx etc
Exactly. They truly think this fan base is the most gullible dumbest base in the NFL. They say this every season and demand we believe it. Forever the optimist, forever the delusion.

GMO415

Reaction score
No Jerry. You have a team of individuals and quitters on DEF.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Sounded a lil upset or whatever in the interview, but he know their football team is trash and they don't know how to build a winner.

lostar2009

Reaction score
4 games in the book and 1-3. There has been 0 progress with this D. It's only gotten worse and time will not help. Our DC been can everywhere, cut ties and promote someone within.

Dre11

Reaction score

well you're getting your wish...lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand what you are saying but MM being worse than JG was my greatest fear.

Nolan is clearly worse than Marinelli.

This is something I am begrudgingly coming to accept.

I still know that McCarthy is better than Garrett ever was (who isn't would be a better question) but his choice of defensive coordinator is certainly open for valid criticism. The thing is a **** show and he has a defense that now does NOTHING RIGHT.

And how bad are things when the former defensive coaches are now missed whatsoever?