Twitter: Stephen Jones addresses Dez contract

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
X...think it might be judicious to bring Dez's salary down to realistic and trade up into the draft and get the desired WR?
Or just cut Dez and sign a free agent replacement with the 12.5M saved. Then draft a WR also.

Dez is already a distraction. Imagine him if he is forced to take a paycut.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Or just cut Dez and sign a free agent replacement with the 12.5M saved. Then draft a WR also.

Dez is already a distraction. Imagine him if he is forced to take a paycut.
Imagine the rest of the team when you cut a guy whos a known leader and loved by everyone in the locker room. You expect our "coach" to put that fire out? What worries me more is them cutting dez and Garrett having yet ANOTHER excuse to stay.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Want to throw up? The new T-shirt slogan this year is supposed to be ....wait for it.....ACCOUNTABILITY.
You're... you're being serious, aren't you? That wasn't a joke... Imma go over there and cry a little.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine the rest of the team when you cut a guy whos a known leader and loved by everyone in the locker room. You expect our "coach" to put that fire out? What worries me more is them cutting dez and Garrett having yet ANOTHER excuse to stay.

That is PR rhetoric by the Cowboys over the years. Dez is not a true leader or loved by all in the lockerroom.

Why do you think the Cowboys have their own media guys like Broaddus? It allows then to control the narrative. Broaddus and crew say some negative things just to seem like they are not just homers, but they are required to set the narrative in general.

Corso

Reaction score
That is PR rhetoric by the Cowboys over the years. Dez is not a true leader or loved by all in the lockerroom.

Why do you think the Cowboys have their own media guys like Broaddus? It allows then to control the narrative. Broaddus and crew say some negative things just to seem like they are not just homers, but they are required to set the narrative in general.
X gonna give to ya, gonna give it to ya...

phildadon86

Reaction score

And are you in the locker room? Ever? Do you chat with the players? How can you make a statement like that? lol. Sorry sir I am going to take the words of players and staff over someone that hates Dez more than I hate the Eagles.

Corso

Reaction score
And are you in the locker room? Ever? Do you chat with the players? How can you make a statement like that? lol. Sorry sir I am going to take the words of players and staff over someone that hates Dez more than I hate the Eagles.
This point bears weight. X does have a cray hate for Dez and a cray love for Parnell. This has been documented.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

1: Without any special inside info, the local Dallas Sports Talk Radio stations are where you'll hear details that won't make it into print.

2: Yes, I do know someone in the local sports media. Dez is not loved by all teammates.

3: Jerry has even said in interviews that Dez struggled to get along with people. In a recent interview Jerry said Dez has made progress in terms of acting like a teammate instead of just being focused on himself. That's what's called a backhand compliment in that in attempting to compliment Dez in the present day, Jerry acknowledged that Dez had been a bad teammate in the past.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope the next guy we get can come up with some new pile of steaming crap like throwing up a vowel.. or a stupid dance ,, or some stupid gester of "feed me"... hell put some neon lights on these turds so they can shine. I would hate to miss some guy saying "look at me it did what I'm paid to do crap"

phildadon86

Reaction score
1: Without any special inside info, the local Dallas Sports Talk Radio stations are where you'll hear details that won't make it into print.

2: Yes, I do know someone in the local sports media. Dez is not loved by all teammates.

3: Jerry has even said in interviews that Dez struggled to get along with people. In a recent interview Jerry said Dez has made progress in terms of acting like a teammate instead of just being focused on himself. That's what's called a backhand compliment in that in attempting to compliment Dez in the present day, Jerry acknowledged that Dez had been a bad teammate in the past.
I remember hearing dez himself telling Murray he was going to get him in the end zone and did on the next play. So I dunno

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

So much for the fake tough talk. Jones just basically compared Bryant to legendary Cowboys.