Stephen Jones comments on The Ben & Skin Show *Merge*

cowboys1981

Reaction score
McClain, Hardy and Gregory will all be very impactful once they step back on that field. We have guys that are capable of keeping us afloat.

I just hope Dez fully heals and he doesn't have that break again. I know how bad he wants to be out there.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
I am a Golden God.
i-am-a-golden-god-o.gif

Do a cannonball! :)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Disappointing Gregory is out till the bye. Thought he'd be back at the latest when McClain and Hardy return.

Rather he be back right than back for 5 snaps and then limping off the field.
Mincey is a big loss though...

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Thinks Dez will be back after the bye.

Running game - too early to say how it will be, they will stay committed to it and think it will be fine, they feel good about the O line, Collins will get the start this week.

Christine Michael - before the season is over he feels all backs will get an opportunity. They like what McFadden, JR & especially Dunbar are doing. Likes what they've seen in practice.

Re: Jason Witten and his injuries, craziest injury he's ever seen a player play through, Witten might have the top 3. Playing with a broken jaw might be tops, then the spleen injury. Can't think of anyone who plays through injuries better and is team first.

Randy Gregory - unlikely to make it back before the bye.

Rolando McClain - plan to have him back by NE, been at the facility, working with trainers.

Most encouraging thing about Brandon Weeden is his throwing motion ("stroke") and arm strength. First time he's been with the same O-coordinator for more than one year and the OC will design a gameplay to fit his strengths.

Tony Romo is staying involved, running the football team, helping Brandon and the coaching staff on the game plan. Rehabbing daily.
JR & Dunbar :oldcouple:
My pet cats.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Gregory had a great preseason and was off to a good start to the regular season in the opener but his injury is going to hinder his development while he's out and will likely prevent him from having the type of year he could've had. The longer he's out the longer it will take for him to get back to where he was.

Corso

Reaction score
Please add Jason Witten to this list. kthx.

Yeah, my bad.
I love that Witten's learning the guru ways from Pope and I could see him utilizing that for our future TE's years from now.

Aven8

Reaction score
Disappointing Gregory is out till the bye. Thought he'd be back at the latest when McClain and Hardy return.

I've always thought that. The kid was in a boot after the game, aircast. It's only 4 weeks.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Yeah, my bad.
I love that Witten's learning the guru ways from Pope and I could see him utilizing that for our future TE's years from now.

For some reason I read that quickly and thought you were implying that Witten was learning things from the Pontiff. :laugh:

Aven8

Reaction score
Maybe he/she is very young...

With almost 10,000 post?? They probably see the 70's get ups and think its old!

My wife use to say that about Christmas Story! She said, I hate old time movies. I said it was made in like 1983!!! She thought it was from the 40-50's like it's set in!! Lol

Corso

Reaction score
With almost 10,000 post?? They probably see the 70's get ups and think its old!

My wife use to say that about Christmas Story! She said, I hate old time movies. I said it was made in like 1983!!! She thought it was from the 40-50's like it's set in!! Lol

Whoa! Whoa... Christmas Story?
That's timeless!!!

She thought it was made in...
I have to ask:
Did you marry on looks?
You don't have to lie.
I'll fistbump you either way.

Aven8

Reaction score
Whoa! Whoa... Christmas Story?
That's timeless!!!

She thought it was made in...
I have to ask:
Did you marry on looks?
You don't have to lie.
I'll fistbump you either way.

Oh, I think that I found myself a cheer leader she is always right there when I need her!

What can I say I married a cheer leader!

Corso

Reaction score
Oh, I think that I found myself a cheer leader she is always right there when I need her!

What can I say I married a cheer leader!

Fist... meet that other guy's fist.

I married a salsa dancer and I am right there with you.
Except she's also a scientist...
Sorry.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Last week he might play vs the Falcons.
This week out till after bye week.

Other they're terrible with injury projections or they're trying to keep fans off the ledge. I feel more let down when they say a week or two then it turns to something longer then when they just come outright and say don't expect till after the bye