Twitter: Stephen Jones leave door open for MIles Austin return

Nirvana

Reaction score
If we can sign him to a decent contract, absolutely. I don't if folks are paying attention but we have very little depth at WR right now. We have Beasley who caught 39 passes last year but is also 5-8 180 lbs. We have Dwayne Harris who had a total of 9 catches last season and that's it. Nobody else has caught a pass. If we can sign Miles to a reasonable contract, that's a guy who already knows the offense and has over 300 catches in our offense.

Yeah, if the right deal can be worked out, it's a smart move IMO.

Dez
Williams
Street
Beasley
Harris

We'll be fine. Street is the real deal and is on this team no question. Dooley RAVED about his route running, his work ethic, etc. and said he can do it all.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Great idea. Nothing or little guaranteed. Do it now before he gets offered real money.

I agree. Low deal doesn't guarantee him a spot on the team, but it does give Dallas some injury protection and competition for those WR spots.

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
I see him with the colts. I wish him the best. I am long past hoping he is a healthy Cowboy.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
We can never have depth if we don't let the young guys develop. At some point we have got to see what they can do. Miles won't make the game day roster unless we carry 6. Harris makes it for special teams. Beasley makes it. Pretty sure they want to see what Street has so I think he makes it to. Cowboys are high on him (from the audio I heard).

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'd rather look at FAs or roll with what we have. Mr groin injury is just gonna do it again

If we can get an FA who is a better deal and has more talent, that's fine but it's not a sure thing that we can.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dez
Williams
Street
Beasley
Harris

We'll be fine. Street is the real deal and is on this team no question. Dooley RAVED about his route running, his work ethic, etc. and said he can do it all.

Right, Street is not a day one starter, Beasley is a good WR but he's a slot guy. He can't be an outside solution. Harris, I love but I've been waiting for and it hasn't happened. No, we will not be fine if we lose a starter.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Right, Street is not a day one starter, Beasley is a good WR but he's a slot guy. He can't be an outside solution. Harris, I love but I've been waiting for and it hasn't happened. No, we will not be fine if we lose a starter.

Street won't start but he's there in case something goes wrong. He's running excellent routes already - that's why they traded up to draft him. And he can be an outside solution. Carrying 5 WRs is all they plan to carry I am sure. That's 5 bro. Beasley and Harris are not going anywhere.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
It's looking like Josh Gordon is going to be suspended for the rest of the season, so I would think that the Browns are hungry for receivers, especially after passing on Watkins.

I do like Miles and I hope he ends up on a team where he can get his career back on track. I can see him going to the Browns, Raiders, Panthers, etc. Possibly even to the Vikings or Jaguars to give Bridgewater and Bortles, respectively, another target.

Regardless, I hoping for the best for Miles...but I think his time here has run it's course.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Street won't start but he's there in case something goes wrong. He's running excellent routes already - that's why they traded up to draft him. And he can be an outside solution. Carrying 5 WRs is all they plan to carry I am sure. That's 5 bro. Beasley and Harris are not going anywhere.

If you have an injury to one of our starters, you need a guy who can start. You can't go with a guy who doesn't know the playbook or is not ready to start. That's how you throw INTs and lose games. We gotta have somebody who can step in and give us starts if we sustain an injury.