Recap: Stephen Jones on 105.3 - 04/19/16

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about Crawford being moved between DT and DE possibly.

Makes me wonder if they are debating on taking a 3 tech somewhat high this draft.

They worked out Rankins from Louisville not long ago

Doomsay

Reaction score
Don't discount that Stephen Jones is saying this just a few days after team mouthpiece Spagnola put out an article on the same topic.

Darn you, Randy Gregory!

Spags is their shallow throat, for sure.

CWR

Reaction score
hmmmmm............

Putting the horse in front of the cart is what I would do. Philly fans would put the cart in front of the horse.

LOL, good point.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Don't discount that Stephen Jones is saying this just a few days after team mouthpiece Spagnola put out an article on the same topic.

Darn you, Randy Gregory!

Yep..................start connecting the dots and Bosa seems like the clear cut favorite right now.:facepalm:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he is only a marginal improvement over what Jason Jones and David Irving would give you, Id much rather trade down or take Ramsey or Elliot.

I don't think Bosa's a marginal improvement over Jones or Irving, though. He's a much better player than either of those guys.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
When you tell people that no one is really inquiring about the 4th pick, you aren't driving up the value of the pick, you are actually lessening it. Now some teams might think that we are stuck and no one wants our pick so maybe they can come in with a lower offer and if we panic, we'll take it.

Or we're fine at 4. If you want our pick bring da money.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about Crawford being moved between DT and DE possibly.

Makes me wonder if they are debating on taking a 3 tech somewhat high this draft.

Said all along he can play the 5. But he's not a good WDE candidate though. He is a load at SDE. I'm telling you people this guy is just so strong. He doesn't have much bend but he has a great bull and a decent swim.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think Bosa's a marginal improvement over Jones or Irving, though. He's a much better player than either of those guys.

I think you're right about that. I get the feeling many of us are tired of hearing the same old stuff about Bosa being our pick but I honestly believe he has more to offer than any DE we currently have on our roster. There are those who believe he has shown more upside than Watt did at the same stage of their development. Of course that definitely remains to be seen but Bosa is very young yet (only 20) and figures to develop greatly once he's exposed to NFL type conditioning and training. I'm sure Marinelli would give his all to produce everything humanly possible from this youngster.

Last edited:

Gameover

Reaction score
Seems like this is a spot that Jerry would want to move down from.

If they aren't taking a QB, who else is worth the 4(not saying the qb's are)?

The tackle? Too much money on 1 unit.

Ramsey? Is he Peterson?

That leaves Bosa, Jack, the Oregon End, and Elliot.

They can move down and get one of those guys.

Elliot would be my pick, but I doubt they do that.

Ramsey at 4 or trade back for Bosa would be my best guess.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
He's saying they will reach on a QB like Presscott. Elliot is not Peterson or Gurley ..and Draft Bosa or rather Ramsey. Like Father like Son.....except worse.

So hopefully it's Ramsey and a DL in the 2nd not a QB.

fishspill

Reaction score
If they aren't going QB at #4 give me Bosa in the 1st and the best DT you can in the 2nd. Give Rod some pieces to work with up front.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
If they are looking for a "dominant type pass rusher", Bosa isn't it.

Not at all, most qb hurries, second most pressures, 5.5 sacks while being double and triple teamed.

One more int than Jalen Ramsey.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
If they aren't going QB at #4 give me Bosa in the 1st and the best DT you can in the 2nd. Give Rod some pieces to work with up front.

If that tweet that's in another thread, seems Rod is fine with Zeke over Bosa. If true, that tells me a lot about what he thinks of Bosa.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The trade down just seems like a no brainer. We have needs at multiple positions and most say draft has a lot of good players in second and third. Drop down and get an extra pick in the second and third or better makes way too much sense.

Almost no one thinks Bosa is worth #4
Same with Elliott at #4
The QB's might both be gone and it is a pretty even split whether they are worth high pick
Rankins is probably best DT and likely can be get after the top 10
The top corners likely go after top 10

DBOY3141

Reaction score
The trade down just seems like a no brainer. We have needs at multiple positions and most say draft has a lot of good players in second and third. Drop down and get an extra pick in the second and third or better makes way too much sense.

I think if Ramsey is gone, that is Stephen's 1st choice, but that may not be an option. So it looks like it's between bosa/zeke.