Stephen Jones on the contract extensions

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not quite.

Diggs is up after this year (2024), CD has this year and next with this 5th-year option, plus the franchise tag (2026), and Dak is up after next year (2025). They're all staggered.
How is Diggs and Lamb up at the sans time when one was a first rounder with a 5th year option?
My mistake. I had in my mind CD was a 2025 FA and Diggs was the same class. Completely forgot that was because CD had his option picked up.

Flamma

Reaction score
My mistake. I had in my mind CD was a 2025 FA and Diggs was the same class. Completely forgot that was because CD had his option picked up.
It doesn't matter. They are both up at the same time regardless of 5th year option. Players you intend to re-sign are extended after 3 years. Parsons after this season.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
I think that Diggs will sign and be the highest paid corner in the league. The fans that say that the Cowboys are cheap will now say that they overpay.
Yup

It’s either Steven is a cheapskate or we overpaid

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Lol, for what it's worth I edited my post 10 times because I kept messing up the years

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen recently implied extending Dak won't be as hard as his current deal coz a large portion of what he's getting is already baked into the budget. It sure sounds like it's not a matter of IF but when.........
Keep that hope alive.......:muttley:
Have no fear Dak will squash any extension talks with his play this coming season.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Let’s get these extensions done sooner rather than later.
I think that’s the hope but they may push the envelope and wait to get paid so they can get a bigger paycheck. Hope we do get it done sooner.

Bagman

Reaction score
"They may want to wait so I'll pay them more."

He's his daddy's son.
So your plan is to hold those players at gun point and force them to sign today ? What if THEY want to wait ? Why is everyone so eager to bury the FO on contracts ? It takes 2 to tango.