Twitter: Stephen Jones on The Fan - 04/28/17

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Every team pretty much knows what the other teams are targeting in the draft. Of course, the Cowboys are targeting CBs after Carr and Claiborne left. Just because you target a certain position doesn't mean you are locked into that position for good. Take a look at what is available and what may be available in later rounds and compare to your needs. Try to stick with BPA but be flexible. Try to fill a need but be flexible.

Facts are no good here ninja

Like it was some secret Dallas is gonna target DL and CB lol people are easily sucked.

Sydla

Reaction score
What a troll.

Is it spin if it's true?

The bigger issue is that he seems to be saying that the Cowboys are now lying about the fact it was a RB, and not Kevin King, who had the first round grade because apparently, the Cowboys are taking a ton of heat from the media and fans for them not taking King over Taco.

Really? I seriously am missing this onslaught the Cowboys are facing over King versus Charlton.

RS12

Reaction score
Dallas is drafting Sidney Jones and Teez Tabor tonight. Stephen Jones just said it
You know what? Neither or both would surprise me in the least. Dont want Tabor at all, and dont want Sidney round 2.

CCBoy

Reaction score
WG, thanks for your types of posting...if not for your efforts, this fan probably would not consume some very good sources. Thanks.

visionary

Reaction score
Why is Stephen announcing to the world that Dallas will target a CB at 60?
Lunacy.

Let the board come to you, and evaluate the long-term investment of selecting a quality player, regardless of a perceived need.
If a highly rated OT is there, or a versatile 3-down LB, or another impact pressure DL, pull the trigger on those players.

You set yourself up for reaching for a position when the value is not there.

Because he is a moron like his father and likes to hear himself?

Sandyf

Reaction score
It is so funny what people believe or want to believe. Whether or not King had a first round grade by us doesn't matter. If you look at the NFL grade on the King, they have him as a late 3rd round grade so I imagine if we would have taken him then there would be fans that said we reached. The same type of thing happened with Frederick so frankly I will trust Stephen and Willie McClay before I would believe any fan, reporter or analyst because when comes down to it we and they don't count just the Boys themselves do.

As to Stephen saying we would take a CB at 60, I would take it with a grain of salt. Everyone knows we need CB help but we also know Stephen and Jerry misdirect a whole lot. So what if that RB falls to 60, would we take him, I doubt it but it could bring a trade down. Would we take say a 2nd next year for extra 3rd, probably not, doesn't mean we will not. We don't know what will happen in the 2nd round or 3rd round and if it is anything like last night, then it is going to be a wild ride because there were absolutely no mock drafts that came close, and if you believe they did then contact me because I have some beautiful ocean view property to sale in North Dakota.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You know what? Neither or both would surprise me in the least. Dont want Tabor at all, and dont want Sidney round 2.
What? I would love both of them. They are first round talent and will help fix this secondary

bark

Reaction score
I don't think this is actually a club secret:

1. Dallas lost most of its cornerbacks in free agency.
2. The strength of this draft is in the secondary.
3. The Cowboys bypassed taking a corner in the first.

If other clubs can't guess the Cowboys are targeting a corner in the second, they wouldn't be able to spell cat if you spotted them the "c" and the "a". ;)
Anyone that drops a Hollywoodism ......well that's an automatic like

lostar2009

Reaction score
Why is Stephen announcing to the world that Dallas will target a CB at 60?
Lunacy.

Let the board come to you, and evaluate the long-term investment of selecting a quality player, regardless of a perceived need.
If a highly rated OT is there, or a versatile 3-down LB, or another impact pressure DL, pull the trigger on those players.

You set yourself up for reaching for a position when the value is not there.

Teams will jump Dallas in the 2nd round.