Twitter: Stephen Jones paying quarterbacks too much ‘decreases your chances to win’

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This line of business has made guys like Dak Prescott not worth it.

The NFL has screwed up their QB market and now if you have a average QB he must be the highest paid QB in the league while the team around him suffers.

No thanks..

I’ll skip that and just draft another QB and keep the overall roster strong.

Untill teams decide to let the overpriced guys leave and replace them with younger options these overpriced guys have the upper hand. Most teams do this with other positions but not with the QB. Outside of a couple elite guys I have no clue why they wouldn't roll the dice on a younger guy. That's what the patriots will do with their young kid. If he bombs they end up with a top 5 pick and you draft another.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Junior has mishandled these negotiations from the jump. If this deal had been done a year ago, the numbers and demands wouldn't be close to where they are now. But Stephen tried to be the tough guy and dig in to his lowball offers. That's gotten us to the point where the demands are now for $35 million a year with two years of franchise tags paying him $69 million anyway.

But I'm willing to bet that he never mentioned that part.

Reactions: BAT