Stephen Jones: Pollard Kamara-esque

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Pollard may very well be Kamara-esque but if Moore isn't Carmichael-Esau we won't be putting players in the best position to succeed. Something we've been criticized for, and rightfully so, player selection is only part of the solution.

GMO415

Reaction score
Cooper, Cobb, Gallup, Witt and we're expecting to run both of these guys 60 touches between them?.....NOT

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
They said the same about Harold Minor when he played BB at USC about " little Jordan " we saw how that played out. But this cat is pretty good saw him in 2 games last year on DSPN. He stood out.
Kellen needed this type of back to fulfill options in his alignments, and we didn't have this type of RB, and haven't had, that's why most fans do not understand his role yet, because the Lance Dunbars sucked and/or wasted due to bad scheme/coaching.
Pollard is Dunbar type...times 10, and now we have a fresh young mind that brings creativity at OC... bout time, but I regress..
Hes a burner at sub 4.0, that can catch in the flat and that's what KMs playbook will demand. Yes Zeek does it too at elite level, but you need options to let your elite breath a little.
That's why I always SMH when fans criticize others that can see that this is the "type" of 2nd back that is available every year to draft, but if you call their name, this type of 3rd down back,, you get jumped by those that want an EE part 2,, and that just doesn't exist on day 3, and you cant roster two EEs or 2 Barkleys in todays game, or yesterdays game,,,SMH.
Great pick here, maybe my favorite of the draft.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It's not hard to figure out what he can bring the Cowboys in the return game.

What can Garrett/Moore do with him on offense?
there is no JG on offense, it is supposed to be all kellen.
It is one thing to design a play, and another to get players to run it properly.
It will be interesting to see if the offense is indeed different.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
It’s sad that a 5 billion dollar entity is run by mom and pop front office. I wonder if they even have any analytics folks in house?

"And then one day, he was shootin' at some food,
and up through the ground come a bubblin' crude."

"The kinfolk said, 'Jerruh, move away from here.
Dallas is where ya ought to be"
So he packed up the kids and he moved to Big D."

That moron hillbilly Jerry just lucked into his good fortune. He really doesn't have a clue. Amassed a $5 billion fortune, and changed the nature of the NFL by pure luck

Jed Clampett would be proud...

You know, it must really irk Jimmy Johnson that Jerry is in the Hall of Fame, but he isn't. I bet it REALLY bothers Jimmy knob-gobblers like Dale Hansen and Randy Galloway. ROTFLMAO

Last edited:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
We may see some no TE sets in passing situations where Zeke blocks or sets up the screen while Pollard shifts to the slot or gets more actual routes.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Do we even need Pollard after signing Austin and Cobb?

There's gotta be a player in next years draft similar to Pollard.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He is becoming Jerry Jones... "...poor man’s traits." ? I think he meant poor man's Kamara?

And THERE in lies the stupidity of the pick. They wanted THEIR Kamara and fell in love with Pollard and over drafted him. Makes complete sense now. LOL

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
This guy could be like Sproles or the guy from NC A&T who plays for da bears from here in Greensboro NC also which I will take. Surprised this guy lasted till the 4th.