Stephen Jones: Pollard Kamara-esque

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
Kellen needed this type of back to fulfill options in his alignments, and we didn't have this type of RB, and haven't had, that's why most fans do not understand his role yet, because the Lance Dunbars sucked and/or wasted due to bad scheme/coaching.
Pollard is Dunbar type...times 10, and now we have a fresh young mind that brings creativity at OC... bout time, but I regress..
Hes a burner at sub 4.0, that can catch in the flat and that's what KMs playbook will demand. Yes Zeek does it too at elite level, but you need options to let your elite breath a little.
That's why I always SMH when fans criticize others that can see that this is the "type" of 2nd back that is available every year to draft, but if you call their name, this type of 3rd down back,, you get jumped by those that want an EE part 2,, and that just doesn't exist on day 3, and you cant roster two EEs or 2 Barkleys in todays game, or yesterdays game,,,SMH.
Great pick here, maybe my favorite of the draft.

Nice post. Serious question about Pollard: is he durable? Wondering how healthy he was at Memphis. I know his ball security was good.

TIA

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Kellen needed this type of back to fulfill options in his alignments, and we didn't have this type of RB, and haven't had, that's why most fans do not understand his role yet, because the Lance Dunbars sucked and/or wasted due to bad scheme/coaching.
Pollard is Dunbar type...times 10, and now we have a fresh young mind that brings creativity at OC... bout time, but I regress..
Hes a burner at sub 4.0, that can catch in the flat and that's what KMs playbook will demand. Yes Zeek does it too at elite level, but you need options to let your elite breath a little.
That's why I always SMH when fans criticize others that can see that this is the "type" of 2nd back that is available every year to draft, but if you call their name, this type of 3rd down back,, you get jumped by those that want an EE part 2,, and that just doesn't exist on day 3, and you cant roster two EEs or 2 Barkleys in todays game, or yesterdays game,,,SMH.
Great pick here, maybe my favorite of the draft.

You hope that Moore brings creativity. Just because he's young, doesn't mean he's good.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
So I posted yesterday that Pollard told them in pre draft meetings that he thought he compared to Kamara! So basically Stephen took that and started spouting it to the press. :facepalm:

ShortRound

Reaction score
So I posted yesterday that Pollard told them in pre draft meetings that he thought he compared to Kamara! So basically Stephen took that and started spouting it to the press. :facepalm:

Oh ok... lol that makes sense, kind of

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Nice post. Serious question about Pollard: is he durable? Wondering how healthy he was at Memphis. I know his ball security was good.

TIA

The 2 games I saw on dspn, they worked him like the skins use too run Larry Brown back in the early 70's.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Misleading thread title seems to suggest Stephen puts Pollard at or near Kamara’s level when he was only saying Pollard was versatile like Kamara.

Patrick

Reaction score
lol I was feeling good about this draft, can't they just speak normal like

Not sure if someone else mentioned it already. But this is exactly what Kris Richard said last year about our young players on defence in training camp.

It sounds much better coming out of Richard's mouth though.

cern

Reaction score
"And then one day, he was shootin' at some food,
and up through the ground come a bubblin' crude."

"The kinfolk said, 'Jerruh, move away from here.
Dallas is where ya ought to be"
So he packed up the kids and he moved to Big D."

That moron hillbilly Jerry just lucked into his good fortune. He really doesn't have a clue. Amassed a $5 billion fortune, and changed the nature of the NFL by pure luck

Jed Clampett would be proud...

You know, it must really irk Jimmy Johnson that Jerry is in the Hall of Fame, but he isn't. I bet it REALLY bothers Jimmy knob-gobblers like Dale Hansen and Randy Galloway. ROTFLMAO
"some guys have all the luck
some guys have all the pain
some guys get all the breaks
some guys do nothing but complain" …………... the thing I admire most about jerry is that he did it the smith-barney way. he earned it. now his most capable son stephen is continuing the trend. he had to earn his responsibility. it wasn't given to him just because he's jerry's son.

Last edited:

reddyuta

Reaction score
They use Kamara so well,I am hoping Moore can incorporate some of those formations where they have 2 RBs on the field.

cern

Reaction score
signing zeke might be problematic. the pollard pick addresses this possibility. same for the mcgovern pick in case la'el Collins becomes impossible to sign. wisely thought out and done. Stephen continues to do things correctly.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
He is becoming Jerry Jones... "...poor man’s traits." ? I think he meant poor man's Kamara?

Just chill Stephen.

You had enough comments which didnt favour your intellect.

So just give it time. And do your forcasts after players panned out.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
"some guys have all the luck
some guys have all the pain
some guys get all the breaks
some guys do nothing but complain" …………... the thing I admire most about jerry is that he did it the smith-barney way. he earned it. now his most capable son stephen is continuing the trend. he had to earn his responsibility. it wasn't given to him just because he's jerry's son.

Is this "do you think I sexy" himself?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Poor man's traits. What a glowing compliment
And if our front office said this kid was gonna be as good as Kamara youd be blasting him for saying something so stupid.

Saying a player is a poor mans Kevin Durant could still put you in the top 20 players in the world.

InTheZone

Reaction score
so between this RB getting 30 plays a game and Tavon Austin getting 20 touches a game, how's this going to work?