Stephen Jones Questions The Preparation And Not Playing Starters In The Preseason

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Did I not say that was a bad decision to sit every starter? For entire preseason????

Pretty sure I did....

Question is....who's decision was that?

Make that person accountable.....

Sydla

Reaction score
lmao, just wait until it's Stephen full time, then little pizzaface boy, then his kid and his kid. Yep, one day they might find one good swimmer in the lot of fools.

I mean our only hope at this point is that Stephen's kid is smarter than his dad and grandfather.

If not, very few of us on this board will see another Cowboys Super Bowl.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I mean our only hope at this point is that Stephen's kid is smarter than his dad and grandfather.

If not, very few of us on this board will see another Cowboys Super Bowl.
well from Jerry to Stephen hasn't been an update so I can't see anything in the future.

I'll check with this Nostradamus Gorico to see what his pick is on that.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Before the game started Prescott looked like he had already been defeated

Completely agree. He never looked engaged. He had the scared look the whole time.

I can't say about the rest of the team's pre-game demeanor as I got home late & fast forwarded to kickoff but I definitely noticed Dak's.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He knows what's coming......they aren't going to be able to get away with passing on FA yet again next offseason and still sell their BS.

People are going to stop listening. I'm personally headed quickly in that direction....where my blind hope every September isn't going to be there.

Enough already.

rags747

Reaction score
Peyton gonna cost you draft picks, at least a #1 that we could use for a qb.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I am in a really bad place with this team right now. For the sake of the future, I want them to fail miserably so as to create a lack of media and fan interest for the team. I predict this dynamic will only take place with a bad showing the next two years and a decline in the team's valuation. Only then will the Jones Cartel consider stepping away from football ops.

Stephen Jones is a moron and unfit to run an NFL team. He builds the team, the team collapses and then he blames the players he used to build the team for that collapse. Unreal.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Such a decision invites criticism when your team comes out looking so completely inept. And then you lose your quarterback for half the season in the process?

Yeah, plenty of room for questioning. But Little Enos better be sure to look in the mirror too.
Yes, the team looked out-of-sync and certainly pre-season preparation factors into the equation.

If it was strictly a preparation issue (or, more to the point, the starters not playing much in pre-season) then you might expect similar play from the defense. However, the defense played well at times.

No, I can't past the thought that a lot of issues with the offense rest with Moore and his play-calling.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
you quitters. Rock and Ranching and I will be here pulling for this stinking cart of crap until we die. We don't care if we ever win another game, we are here just supporting this crap from now until the end of time. sheesh, we wouldn't even care if they brought back that loser Garrett and gave him his rightful job back. We love how our team is designed and run. you complainers piss me off.

links18

Reaction score
The fact that Arkansas Enos and Little Doofus we're surprised by what happened speaks volumes.

jwitten82

Reaction score
you quitters. Rock and Ranching and I will be here pulling for this stinking cart of crap until we die. We don't care if we ever win another game, we are here just supporting this crap from now until the end of time. sheesh, we wouldn't even care if they brought back that loser Garrett and gave him his rightful job back. We love how our team is designed and run. you complainers piss me off.
:laugh:

Creeper

Reaction score
The Cowboys were not the only team to not play their starters on offense during the preseason. I have heard several teams question their strategy after Sunday, including the Bengals who rested a lot of players because of injuries.

Personally, I would have played the starters at least a quarter in the last preseason game. But the Cowboys could not have envisioned that Tyron would get hurt after the last game and would need to shuffle the OL before the first game. I do question the decision not to play Tyler Smith at LT that last preseason game.

At the same time, I think Stephen is way off base by second guessing the decision. Hindsight is 20-20. If Tyron had gotten hurt in that last preseason game, Stephen would be questioning the decision to play him.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We have forest fires burning out-of-control about 20 miles from our home and the air is heavy with smoke... looks like a dense fog.

So, thanks for the ray of sunshine and laughter in an otherwise dismal day.

:laugh:

phildadon86

Reaction score
I believe sitting players out in the last game of the season when we've had our playoff spot locked up has costed up playoff games in the past also.

They want to play it too safe always.

I'm with you about what you said you about last year and them coming out looking just fine after no preseason. I believe this is their way taking the blame off themselves and making McCarthy the scapegoat. I think in their minds they've already moved on from McCarthy.
They play it safe in FA too.

Look how well thats turned out. LOL.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
why not wrap the starters in bubble wrap and let them play during preseason? maybe make preseason flag football for three games.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, the team looked out-of-sync and certainly pre-season preparation factors into the equation.

If it was strictly a preparation issue (or, more to the point, the starters not playing much in pre-season) then you might expect similar play from the defense. However, the defense played well at times.

No, I can't past the thought that a lot of issues with the offense rest with Moore and his play-calling.

After they allowed 130 yards rushing, were you impressed with the defense?