Twitter: Stephen Jones still thinks we can win the division

conner01

Reaction score
7 wins will almost certainly get it. And I agree, don't want to win the division with 7 and get embarrassed in the playoffs.

Not that there's a snowball's chance in Hades of that happening. There's nobody due back that will make a measurable difference, and with teams like Pittsburgh to play the players we have are woefully inadequate for the job...
We need the jets to go on a winning streak
This is a great draft at one but pretty mixed after

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This isn't a surprise or news.

They SELL their product. Period.

All fine, but ALSO trying to be the players boss sends the wrong message around the entire building!!

I cant see how this is so difficult for them to see.
It is called Tunnel Vision!! they only see what they look at, and they dont
look at themselves lol. They dont see the big picture, just what they look at.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Philly will find a way to get better by the end of the season. Coaching matters.
I dont know, their coaches looked pretty dumb last night.
Dallas has the worst run defense in the NFL , and they chose to use a passing attack to beat the cowboys.:huh:
The only thing that saved them was sharwtz and his defense.

tico

Reaction score
SJ is learning fast
#1 promote and sell the name brand
#2 make a splash move (overspend)
#3 when all else fails sip the Conjac
#4 try to be in the Big Dance:flagwave:

FVSTONE

Reaction score

I've always spoke about the Jones in a respectful manner, but the gloves have got to come off after this post. Win the division, is he fricking nuts????? Dude, you're not going to win s@#$%^t and now you want to take everybody down with ya.............BS!!!!!!!!! It's time to start dumping contracts and if that means trading players that might be doing okay to this point then so be it. It's time to start thinking about the future of this club, it's time to start stacking picks. PLAYOFFS, WHAT PLAYOFFS? This team couldn't beat the Jets if they spotted us 14 points, they are HORRIBLE!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I looked at the 4 nfce team schedules, and any of them could win the div.
The eagles have the tougher schedule, the rest of the way. they have a 4 game stretch 3 on the road, and I doubt they win any of them.
I also came up with 7 wins is the best any of these teams will do.
See if I am right on that at the end.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gilbert was on the field. Couldnt have looked any more embarrassing.

Who did this offense get them killed? Both are still alive and breathing.

Dak got hurt running the ball, and Dalton got hurt by a dirty hit.

LOL...I see you don't take kindly to hyperbole. Let's go ahead and trade killed for injured, eh?

They were both scrambling out of busted pockets. The line can't block for shinola.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
We need the jets to go on a winning streak
This is a great draft at one but pretty mixed after

In any draft there is a minimum of 20-25 excellent to really good players. I know, lots of people here want the no. 1 pick to get Lawrence (if he even comes out, still a possibility he might not), but it's not like there's only one great player and the rest are a bit above average at best. Cowboys can draft anywhere in the top 20-25 and get a player that's as sure a bet as anybody (nothings for sure of course, many top 10 players have been busts) to be a top player.

So I'm not that concerned where Dallas will end up in the draft, Cowboys have about a 5% chance to win the East, about the same to make the playoffs, in my estimation, so Dallas will at worst likely be about the 5th pick, and with multiple needs there will surely be a top player available...

conner01

Reaction score
In any draft there is a minimum of 20-25 excellent to really good players. I know, lots of people here want the no. 1 pick to get Lawrence (if he even comes out, still a possibility he might not), but it's not like there's only one great player and the rest are a bit above average at best. Cowboys can draft anywhere in the top 20-25 and get a player that's as sure a bet as anybody (nothings for sure of course, many top 10 players have been busts) to be a top player.

So I'm not that concerned where Dallas will end up in the draft, Cowboys have about a 5% chance to win the East, about the same to make the playoffs, in my estimation, so Dallas will at worst likely be about the 5th pick, and with multiple needs there will surely be a top player available...
True
But a good number of excellent players in this draft are WR, OT
Neither fixes our worst issues

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
True
But a good number of excellent players in this draft are WR, OT
Neither fixes our worst issues

Oh I think OT is one of our worst issues, T. Smith won't ever play 16 games again, imho, and at best will play maybe 2 more years. If the top player on the board is an OT at say, number 5, I'm taking him, no question.

Though I would agree other positions are just as needed, if the top guy is a DT or LB or CB or S, I'd have no problem taking him...

conner01

Reaction score
Cowboys had the best draft in the league last year. What did that accomplish?! o_O
One draft doesn’t fix everything
2-3 good drafts in a row and even faster when you have top 10 picks
The worst thing ever is 8-8 and be average with weaker spot to pick