Twitter: Stephen Jones still thinks we can win the division

conner01

Reaction score
Oh I think OT is one of our worst issues, T. Smith won't ever play 16 games again, imho, and at best will play maybe 2 more years. If the top player on the board is an OT at say, number 5, I'm taking him, no question.

Though I would agree other positions are just as needed, if the top guy is a DT or LB or CB or S, I'd have no problem taking him...
I don’t see spending a top 5 pick on an OT
Knight is coming along pretty well in his game
You have Collins
The future could be Collins at LT and knight at RT

Chuck 54

Reaction score
We have zero chance of winning the division....zero!
Even if our defense can consistently play better, something I don’t see happening (still not stopping the run...Philly just wouldn’t commit to it), our starting OTs are not coming back. Our QB is not coming back. Our OL will only improve so much because we are stuck with a career backup and undrafted free agents. Our RB is not going to improve at this point of the season.

PurpleHaze22

Reaction score
Steven is correct.Our defense is much better with Lee and Gregory back.When Awuzie returns and the big new run stuffer from the Titans that'll makes us even better.I'd like to see Nolan become a little more creative.How about playing Tank,Gregory and Aldon on obvious passing downs.Also blitz the line backers and db's more.Most QB's when given enough time will complete the pass.On offense we need to get our 5 best linemen out there.Martin needs to be moved to tackle and Looney at guard.Steele and McGovern aren't ready to start yet unless its an emergency.Watt will kill us if Steele starts at tackle.Play calling also needs to improve.We can't run plays that could take us out of field goal range unless we need a TD.My theory on play calling is run when they expect a pass and pass when they expect you to run.The Eagles have a more difficult remaining schedule than us.I believe the division will come down to the rematch with the Eagles.I also don't believe our division is as bad as a lot of people make it out to be.How many teams could win with all the injuries we had.We also lost a lot of games that could have went either way.Look at the Giants game last night.They almost knocked off Tampa Bay.If Dalton is back next week and we move Martin to tackle I believe we give the Steeers their 1st loss .

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don’t see spending a top 5 pick on an OT
Knight is coming along pretty well in his game
You have Collins
The future could be Collins at LT and knight at RT

Don't see Knight as being near the level of either Collins or Smith, would prefer that, but I understand your view...

triplets_93

Reaction score
Twitter: Stephen Jones still thinks we can win the division

Well, that's not what he said. Stephen didn't actually say that. You made quite the inference!!! He said we're in the fight, for the NFC East.

Big Difference. To me that is. But hey, it's an internet forum.... infer all that you will on what someone has said!!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He's not wrong. It doesn't mean the team will be good. But it doesn't take good to win the division.

There was improvement on the defense (which may just be bad Philly, but still). Martin back (and Knight soon?) improves the line some. So, Dalton may actually get a pocket or two here and there. And there are weapons to work with.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Paul Williams, the actor who played Little Enos, is the man who wrote: An Old Fashioned Love Song, We've Only Just Begun, Rainy Days And Mondays, Rainbow Connection and several other legendary songs along with several famous movie scores.
He's recorded like 11-12 albums and still acts in prominent roles to this very day.

The man is a legend in the entertainment industry.

If you are interested this is an excellent documentary about Paul Williams, with a Canadian film producer given full access and a deep dive into Williams' career.

Highly recommended.

This is just the trailer i'm not sure where to find the movie but i'm sure it's easy to find.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If you are interested this is an excellent documentary about Paul Williams, with a Canadian film producer given full access and a deep dive into Williams' career.

Highly recommended.

This is just the trailer i'm not sure where to find the movie but i'm sure it's easy to find.

Very cool! I'm going to check it out. Thanks kindly!

kskboys

Reaction score
Twitter: Stephen Jones still thinks we can win the division

Well, that's not what he said. Stephen didn't actually say that. You made quite the inference!!! He said we're in the fight, for the NFC East.

Big Difference. To me that is. But hey, it's an internet forum.... infer all that you will on what someone has said!!
No, that's what it means. Pretty much exactly.