Stephen Jones wants Austin to get the Ball 12 to 24 times Per Game

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Stephen is already becoming more and more like his old man.

apple_image-380x240.png

Johnny23

Reaction score
Has it crossed your mind that Jerry and Stephen actually communicate with Garrett and his staff, and when they talk publically about a player it reflects the discussions they have had within the organization rather than just a top of the head unilateral decree on how a player will be used?

Fans have to start understanding that a lot more goes on away from the camera than in front of it.

As for releasing Dez immediately after the Super Bowl, why would they have needed to rush to that decision at that time? It's ridiculous to suggest the team shouldn't have waited to see what receivers they may be able to pick up in free agency first, or to see what their overall salary cap needs would be first, or try to trade Dez once a firm decision was made to move on from him.
Fair enough. I am certain they knew this was the decision weeks in advance. May instead of going to a wedding in the Caribbean they could have been doing what you said .

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair enough. I am certain they knew this was the decision weeks in advance. May instead of going to a wedding in the Caribbean they could have been doing what you said .

I never understood the uproar among some fans over Jerry going to the wedding of a family member, especially in a time when there literally is no business a person can't conduct while away from the office.

Of course, if you look at the thread on this site about it, there were loads of fans claiming it proved the Cowboys weren't making any effort in free agency at all, and now we know that was not true, and that fans were just engaging in knee jerk reaction.

Johnny23

Reaction score
I never understood the uproar among some fans over Jerry going to the wedding of a family member, especially in a time when there literally is no business a person can't conduct while away from the office.

Of course, if you look at the thread on this site about it, there were loads of fans claiming it proved the Cowboys weren't making any effort in free agency at all, and now we know that was not true, and that fans were just engaging in knee jerk reaction.
True but you have to admit for a franchise mired in unsound decisions the last decade that it's not a good look. And we don't have access to the inner workings of the franchise as fans.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True but you have to admit for a franchise mired in unsound decisions the last decade that it's not a good look. And we don't have access to the inner workings of the franchise as fans.

Granted it is a bit of a perception problem with some fans I suppose, but it's not a real problem with computers smart phones and a private jet that could have the Jones' back in Dallas within 5-6 hours if needed.

In fact, the Dallas Morning News, which is really one of the few reputable media sources that even reported the trip, says it was only Stephen that was in the Bahamas, and that Jerry was still in Dallas. If that's the case, it really is an overblown story

Johnny23

Reaction score
Granted it is a bit of a perception problem with some fans I suppose, but it's not a real problem with computers smart phones and a private jet that could have the Jones' back in Dallas within 5-6 hours if needed.

In fact, the Dallas Morning News, which is really one of the few reputable media sources that even reported the trip, says it was only Stephen that was in the Bahamas, and that Jerry was still in Dallas. If that's the case, it really is an overblown story
True. It's probably we shouldn't trust the three and four letter networks for fair sports reporting.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True. It's probably we shouldn't trust the three and four letter networks for fair sports reporting.

I think something we all have to be aware of is the media has no problem causing a stir by exaggerating or misleading or twisting or even providing false information in some cases, in order to sell their product. This is especially true of obscure media sources that are fighting just to get some attention, but even applies to more mainstream and well known media sources. Unfortunately we live in an age where integrity and accuracy in the media is kicked to the background in order to grab the attention of the consumer, but the truth is, the consumer is to blame for being willing to buy into whatever soap opera situation the media presents.