Twitter: Stephen Jones: "We believe in this team."

Adreme

Reaction score
If you believe in the team then go call up Baltimore and trade for Huntley or call the Colts for Foles or even the Steelers for Rudolph because Rush aint it and you wont be in it in 6-8 weeks if he is the starter.

HungryLion

Reaction score
With Dak being out now, Stephen Jones has shifted to pressuring Lamb to pick up and carry the offense, after the front office decided to get rid of Amari Cooper and not place any other WRs with real NFL playing experience on the roster. He is hoping for the fanbase to blame Cee Dee Lamb and to ignore the poor job the front office did in the off season.

this clown.

“we” have to step up and be better

“We”

He is blameshifting onto everyone else. The h drafted free agents and bubble roster guys we decided to employ have to just be better. That’s the explanation.

Reactions: BAT

Trajan

Reaction score
Really, what is the guy going to say ? “Yea, I don’t really know how to build a team, but the important thing is the Cowboys bottom line is looking good and the dineros are flowing into my bank account. Have you seen that new $250 mil super yacht Daddy just bought ?”

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
There is a reason I don't listen to local Cowboy media anymore. Listening to Jerry and Stephen is just the same thing over and over. To be fair I'm not sure what they can say today...its not like they can tell the fans that they have given up and are going for a top draft pick.

On the other hand I'm not sure why they feel the need to speak to the media as much as they do either...

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Year 1998.. To 2022
Cowboys Jerry & VP Stephen Jones "I think we're going to get better as a football team. No question. We believe in this team. ... Certainly that's unacceptable, the way we played, but I have complete confidence that this team's going to put it together..

:hammer::thumbdown::banghead::huh::muttley::facepalm:

Gaede

Reaction score
I mean what the hell is he going to say at this point?

But Stephen, the proof is in the pudding. Your WRs are insufficient. That was obvious last night. You chose to believe your WRs were better than they are. Your OL has real issues. You chose to ignore FA offensive lineman thinking a couple of rookies would solve your problems.

Believe all you want, common sense says you built a flawed team and that will be proven over the course of this season.

Uncut honesty at this point might actually work:

We made mistakes in the offseason and we are going to do our best to fix that now by trading for contributors.

We are pissed that our offense is so predictable and considering a playcaller change.

Our best players need to play better.

We are pissed that our head coach does nothing and cannot fix the penalty problem.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
This could be why most front office guys in the NFL don't have radio shows. I can't wait for Jerry's. :rolleyes:

id bet 2/3rds of the gm in the league appear on local radio shows each week after the games. I live in the New England area and know for a fact the giants jets teams do every week.

bewp7

Reaction score
jerry and stephen are just in shock that there plan of releasing or giving away good talent at premium poisiton and then doing nothing to replace it or use the cap space did not make the cowboys a better team lol

what a goof

ryanbabs

Reaction score
I can't say I share the same confidence as he does in his own handiwork, but he's a chip off the old block. Anybody agree with him?

And nobody believes in the idiots that believe in this team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I have complete confidence he’s a jughead like his father and that this team is going nowhere.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Really, what is the guy going to say ? “Yea, I don’t really know how to build a team, but the important thing is the Cowboys bottom line is looking good and the dineros are flowing into my bank account. Have you seen that new $250 mil super yacht Daddy just bought ?”

Sometimes, the best thing to say is nothing. But front office guys who have radio shows never seem to consider that option.