Twitter: Stephen Jones: "We believe in this team."

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I f I were Lamb, once FA starts for him I'd run as fast as I could away from this team.....another talent wasted...

Dont worry KM will show him the gameplan moving forward to get him excited...."See right here CeeDee we are going to feature you running a curl THEN just when they dont expect it ..BOOM your gonna run a slant instead..."

DStar22

Reaction score
We like our guys no matter how much they suck.
no, we don't. we want better guys when they suck.

who the heck wants bad players on their favorite football team? are you an eagles fan?

Sydla

Reaction score
Uncut honesty at this point might actually work:

We made mistakes in the offseason and we are going to do our best to fix that now by trading for contributors.

We are pissed that our offense is so predictable and considering a playcaller change.

Our best players need to play better.

We are pissed that our head coach does nothing and cannot fix the penalty problem.

LOL good luck with that from this crew.

Reactions: BAT

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I can't say I share the same confidence as he does in his own handiwork, but he's a chip off the old block. Anybody agree with him?

I believe in this team, just not in its overall abilities.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I can't say I share the same confidence as he does in his own handiwork, but he's a chip off the old block. Anybody agree with him?

dont see anything wrong with what he said..season far from over 16 games left to adjust Just bad game and bad situation with Dak, McGovern and Kearse all out. ADDS INSULT TO INJURY, literally.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
How can anyone believe a word out of this guys mouth and his dad is beyond me. They’ve been spewing the same garbage every year with the same results.

morat1959

Reaction score
no, we don't. we want better guys when they suck.

who the heck wants bad players on their favorite football team? are you an eagles fan?
Easy lightning. It was sarcasm. He’s just repeating an old line this crew has used since old red’s days.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
The sad part is, Cincy didnt look good we could win that game if the defense plays well. They got beat by a team who was playing a backup QB in reality...So then there will be "See we beat last years AFC SB team" it will be frustrating.
Cincy shot themselves in the foot over and over again yesterday against Pittsburgh, five INT and a fumble, they're going to destroy Dallas next week, they're going to be a hornets nest

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Cincy shot themselves in the foot over and over again yesterday against Pittsburgh, five INT and a fumble, they're going to destroy Dallas next week, they're going to be a hornets nest

Could be, or they could be back to what they really are...wouldnt be the first time the losing SB team fades away the next season. Again they did not fix the Oline and Pitt got after them...we have that kind of defense. If Burrow is under duress all game he will give us the ball a few times.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen's only qaulification to do his job is his daddy's nepotism. No other team in the NFL would hire Stephen in his current capacity if he made himself available. So, yeah, disagree Stephen !

slick325

Reaction score

Wouldn't expect to hear much else from them anyway. If the team goes 0-17 (which would be u precedented), the Jones boys would blame the entire coaching staff. They would be confident in the fact that they can't be fired and that fans will forever rally around them and the Cowboys organization (since players and coaches are expendable). The talent is there and the Jones boys made that happen. They can't play the game and coach it too.

Plus, I'm glad the EVP has his on radio spot to keep us informed when the Owner/GM is not on his radio spot. Also love that both of their spots are on before the HC's show.

Cowboys!

CWR

Reaction score
that world doesn’t exist. These guys all go on shows- be it podcasts, weekly radio or tv spots etc. when I say all I’m being hyperbolic but a large majority.

I dont believe any of them seek the limelight quite like the Jones boys. They have to be way over the top of league average.

MS17

Reaction score
How can anyone believe a word out of this guys mouth and his dad is beyond me. They’ve been spewing the same garbage every year with the same results.
That is true.
In past years on this site the phrase "blow it (the team) up" would appear-- I guess "tanking" or overhaul of personnel means the same thing, and we're reading some allusions of that today.
There are 32 NFL teams, so with its current ownership, executive management and, ahemm, GM, I believe the Cowboys are the 32nd team who'd even give it a second thought. Never happen, Cap'n. Too much risk for Stephen and Jerral.

fredp22

Reaction score
he also believed in and said the same thing about Garrett..... for 10 years

Rajveer

Reaction score

He might have had a severe hangover when he made this statement. However even if he did not, the Jones boys are delusional so I can see how he believes this.

JustChip

Reaction score

I believe in it, too. Just not the same way they do.