Stephen: No QB even with top 5 pick

Daillest88

Reaction score
Plenty of qbs worth the top 5 pick. It’s a good draft for qbs. We need defense tho for real. Dak is still improving. The cap relief would be good but with Dak returning and hopefully getting Surtain... mannn

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
Predictable.

That said I hope they take the highest rated tackle on the board. Be it OT or DT. Time to rebuild the trenches.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Oh I'm relaxed.

I don't think this group of idiots running this team do anything but gamble their assets away.

They completely had an offense built to just run through the league and end their losing streak..

only to change coaches for a coach who is not what he thought he was..

not give their best player Dak a contract..

and try instead to sign a bunch of bargain players to replace losing quality players like Jones and Quinn.

then not fix their safety issues that have haunted the team for the last 4 years+..

then cut all the players as FAs they sign in 2020 less Aldon Smith.

All by the 8th game of the year.

You can't make this stuff up.

Only in Dallas where football is not a sport but a mini-series drama that rivals Days of Our Lives for longevity.

I am relaxed.

I am used to it after 25+ years of Jones.

That's a huge huge problem.
our new coaching staff not being able to overcome like 17 major losses to key players and 4 qbs is what a sign they arent good..that laughable ..they get mulligan no coach in the history of the nfl could overcome what we are going through..we are playing with a preseason lineup and more keep coming now Diggs breaks his foot..

how about grow up ,

stop worrying about 25years ago 10 years ago or 5 years ago m this year is its own entity and it was practically done before it started..
this has to be record injurys list to key players in the history of the DC..
next man up does NOT apply this year. Anyone blaming the new staff for this year are on crack..

anytime we start looking a bit better Bam another key player goes down.

if you cant see this is valid reason for the losing this year, you have the issue not the Joneses..

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Plenty of qbs worth the top 5 pick. It’s a good draft for qbs. We need defense tho for real. Dak is still improving. The cap relief would be good but with Dak returning and hopefully getting Surtain... mannn

Agree, Surtain and Diggs and we may have something there.

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Would you
1. Sign Dak, draft best defensive player or OT
2. Draft Justin Fields and use the 40mm on defense. What would 40mm get you in free agency? 3~5 pro bowl caliber starters?
This logic is the problem.

Dak's cap hit isn't going to be $40m with how they'll structure it, for starters. Beyond that, you aren't getting 3 of those players in one offseason and 40m doesn't get you 3 of those guys anyway. It gets you two with some change left over. Just scattershot recent FAs:

Byron Jones - 16m
CJ Mosely - 17m
Eddie Jackson - 14.6m
Deforest Buckner - 21m
Jurrel Casey - 15m
Dante Fowler - 15m

$40m gets you two players.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The Jones boys need to just shut their faces. Stop speaking to the media in general, but more specifically, stop talking over your head coach about players. To offer any information on who or how we draft is stupid. To speak about who's going to be the starting QB 2 weeks prior to the game is stupid!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dude they totally take serious what these idiots say. Because they literally say everything. It's no surprise everyone and their mom knows who we like in the draft
Man all of these owners know each other. All of them have relationships. I highly doubt they sit around and read excerpts from interviews to know what Jerry is thinking. They already know.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Dak isn't still improving. He's done like the vast majority of qb's after 4/5 years starting. Don't believe me look up the stats for any large number of starting qb's that fit the criteria I mentioned and you'll see that. There is always an outlier season or two but for the most part their stats across the board will be about the same until they start to fall off. Dak also has them inflated stats because of this trash D but he like most players 4/5 years starting are done growing.

Carson

Reaction score
How about keeping your mouth shut Stephen and not give out information on what you want to do in the draft.

It is what he has to say to be honest.

If he says otherwise, he scorns Dak. We won’t get higher than pick 3. So it’s a moot point to talk about Lawrence or Fields as the Jets / Jags need new QBs

Is this the dolphins CB resurrected from 20 years ago?
It’s his son. Makes us feel old man. Right now though I prefer Wade over Surtain by a small margin. Ecstatic for either

dckid

Reaction score
our new coaching staff not being able to overcome like 17 major losses to key players and 4 qbs is what a sign they arent good..that laughable ..they get mulligan no coach in the history of the nfl could overcome what we are going through..we are playing with a preseason lineup and more keep coming now Diggs breaks his foot..

how about grow up ,

stop worrying about 25years ago 10 years ago or 5 years ago m this year is its own entity and it was practically done before it started..
this has to be record injurys list to key players in the history of the DC..
next man up does NOT apply this year. Anyone blaming the new staff for this year are on crack..

anytime we start looking a bit better Bam another key player goes down.

if you cant see this is valid reason for the losing this year, you have the issue not the Joneses..
Take advantage of this year and count your lucky stars. You will not have to pay a Cousins, Goff equivalent 40 million a year.
Why are people so dense in not seeing this gigantic advantage we have staring us in the face?
I am ok with having a Justin Herbert type player taking his lumps next year, while having Dak will only get us to 7 or 8 wins.
On one had Jones & Dak lovers keep saying don't talk about the 25 years of futility, but they cant wait to waste another year and go 8-8???

Daillest88

Reaction score
Dak isn't still improving. He's done like the vast majority of qb's after 4/5 years starting. Don't believe me look up the stats for any large number of starting qb's that fit the criteria I mentioned and you'll see that. There is always an outlier season or two but for the most part their stats across the board will be about the same until they start to fall off. Dak also has them inflated stats because of this trash D but he like most players 4/5 years starting are done growing.
Ok

blueblood70

Reaction score
Take advantage of this year and count your lucky stars. You will not have to pay a Cousins, Goff equivalent 40 million a year.
Why are people so dense in not seeing this gigantic advantage we have staring us in the face?
I am ok with having a Justin Herbert type player taking his lumps next year, while having Dak will only get us to 7 or 8 wins.
On one had Jones & Dak lovers keep saying don't talk about the 25 years of futility, but they cant wait to waste another year and go 8-8???

because some see the pitfalls of ignoring defense and we like you dont KNOW IT ALL, are you Nostradamus? saying we can only win 8 games with dak is being one of "those Guys".

clearly daks won more then 8 games,

13-3, 9-7, 10-6, 8-8 and this year is an "I" TBD doesnt count..so i see 3 of 4 years above .500 and 9-7 year was on RG for suspending zeke without cause..so yes last year 8-8 Garett gets fired, new staff comes in and has rash of injuries that are histrionic to key players..

you have to consider many options not just dak, we need a lot and that and understatement, elite Defenders to just get this defense back to mediocre..hard to win with a historically bad defense.

so ive said this a few times this week, we do NOT have to take a Fields at 2 just because hes there, saying hes Herbert is also just guessing, you can have busts more then hits in top 10 QBs, so that not an automatic and Mm and the Jones have a lot to ponder this offseason. daniel jones, rosen, winston, or Darnold and that recent Qbs our pick could end up..

My best hypothetical plan is do both if we pick top 3,

trade down grab 2-3 more picks still pick around 10-15 grab Trask/ND QB and still get targeted defenders late first and added 2nd with trades.

Then STILL Non exclusive FT Dak, see if he will actually play under the tag and not hold out, if he chooses to holdout you then trade him for more picks..if he signs a team friendly long term deal, great we develop our QB we just picked and have Dak LT or on the tag either way it could work..

so believe very little of what said in public..doesnt mean MM isnt pushing for the scenario like im describing. Another QB like Trask or kid from ND around 10-12 and still have plenty of high picks for defense..

if its planned accordingly we have many options at our disposal for QB and defense. picking Fields at 2 is Not one of the better options IMO..the opportunity you describe in front of out faces is creating leverage and getting it All by trading down....

starfan1

Reaction score
because some see the pitfalls of ignoring defense and we like you dont KNOW IT ALL, are you Nostradamus? saying we can only win 8 games with dak is being one of "those Guys".

clearly daks won more then 8 games,

13-3, 9-7, 10-6, 8-8 and this year is an "I" TBD doesnt count..so i see 3 of 4 years above .500 and 9-7 year was on RG for suspending zeke without cause..so yes last year 8-8 Garett gets fired, new staff comes in and has rash of injuries that are histrionic to key players..

you have to consider many options not just dak, we need a lot and that and understatement, elite Defenders to just get this defense back to mediocre..hard to win with a historically bad defense.

so ive said this a few times this week, we do NOT have to take a Fields at 2 just because hes there, saying hes Herbert is also just guessing, you can have busts more then hits in top 10 QBs, so that not an automatic and Mm and the Jones have a lot to ponder this offseason. daniel jones, rosen, winston, or Darnold and that recent Qbs our pick could end up..

My best hypothetical plan is do both if we pick top 3,

trade down grab 2-3 more picks still pick around 10-15 grab Trask/ND QB and still get targeted defenders late first and added 2nd with trades.

Then STILL Non exclusive FT Dak, see if he will actually play under the tag and not hold out, if he chooses to holdout you then trade him for more picks..if he signs a team friendly long term deal, great we develop our QB we just picked and have Dak LT or on the tag either way it could work..

so believe very little of what said in public..doesnt mean MM isnt pushing for the scenario like im describing. Another QB like Trask or kid from ND around 10-12 and still have plenty of high picks for defense..

if its planned accordingly we have many options at our disposal for QB and defense. picking Fields at 2 is Not one of the better options IMO..the opportunity you describe in front of out faces is creating leverage and getting it All by trading down....

I was listening to Cavanaugh yesterday on fan. I like him as he's pretty decent with draft stuff along with Broaduss but he makes case of 4 QBs being gone by 10. I am not on board with drafting a QB and I doubt we pick 3rd but if we did I would much rather trade down a little and get an additional picks having 4 in the top 50 would be sweet but man it would be tough to turn down Parsons or the tackle from Oregon both of whom are beasts.

quickccc

Reaction score
- I have my cornerstone franchise QB, and I know what I have in Dak. Dunno and more of a gamble with a top 5 overall QB.
- i know and have seen Dak developed and turned up his game that he now poses a threat to the defense in the pass game.
- I know Dak is a chunk splash passer that can push the ball vertically ,not a dink dunker
- I know Dak is among the most winning QBs since his start in 2016
- I know Dak has leadership intangibles and qualities that cannot be underestimated and measured among not only
- his fellow teammates, but throughout entire organization.
- i know Dak will give me chances to have No.1 overall offenses, top offense in entire NFL, both in yards and points scored.
- I know now we can ride the back of Dak's vastly improved passing skills vs early years of riding zekes' back and run game.

Far too many pluses than minuses, imo.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
So if we got a OT with the first round pick he would not start over Collins and Smith. He would play if one got hurt. Would it not be better to get a starter for this D, who could play immediately.