Stephen: Not looking at trading for any player worthy of a 1st round pick

fansince68

Reaction score
Personally I'd have him at FS like he wants, and I guess technically have Woods play the box, but with our LBs we can play plenty 2 deep overages
I wouldn't want Woods in the box. He hits hard but I see him eventually getting hurt due to his small size.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, no you havent watched him.

No, you're completely lost on this thread, bud. Your interpretation of Taco being worth a 1st highlighted that.
You're lost Amigo. I certainly dont think Taco is worth a 1st, nor do I think Minkah is, to the Cowboys anyway. That was my meaning.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
BS, I have watched him. I'm not sure why you always think you know more than everyone. It gets old!

Yeah, no you havent. He's only played twice "this year" which you've said you've way had him many times. This was one of those two timez

Lying even furthers your loss in this conversation.

We'll just leave this conversation be.

Go cowboys!:starspin:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
why would any team give up a 1st? hes not even a starter on a bad miami team

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, no you havent. He's only played twice "this year" which you've said you've way had him many times. This was one of those two timez

Lying even furthers your loss in this conversation.

We'll just leave this conversation be.
He got smoked for a TD. Sure, he counted on help from another player, but he got smoked, nonetheless.

He got smoked for a TD. Sure, he counted on help from another player, but he got smoked, nonetheless.

Getting back to the original meaning of my original post, the Cowboys aren't trading a first for this guy. He's a FS and a CB. We need a SS, and we have a kid from A&M that's pretty damn good coming back from an injury.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Getting back to the original meaning of my original post, the Cowboys aren't trading a first for this guy. He's a FS and a CB. We need a SS, and we have a kid from A&M that's pretty damn good coming back from an injury.

"Not worth a 1st rounder"

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Maybe in college as a player in the draft, yes, worth a #1, but what makes him worth a first in his NFL career? He’s not a full time starter. His contract has years left on it. If his NFL performance warranted a first, Miami wouldn’t let a young guy under contract go or someone would have already offered a #1 and he’d be out of Miami.

Lol

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
God you're dumb on this issue. I said he wasn't worth a first to the COWBOYS. What about this dont you understand? Maybe think about my initial message and stop cutting and pasting. Enough, for gosh sakes.

I never intended to say he wasn't a great player. Just not worth a first to the Cowboys.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
God you're dumb on this issue. I said he wasn't worth a first to the COWBOYS. What about this dont you understand? Maybe think about my initial message and stop cutting and pasting. Enough, for gosh sakes.

Your reading must just be horrible. Because you're coming off as a big dummy in this thread.

The topic was if he was worth a 1st rounder. That was the topic YOU decided to butt in on.

You were wrong, it's all good. It's happens to others.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Obviously, he wasn't worth a first round pick to the Cowboys.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Dolphins traded him to Pittsburgh, there obviously weren't too many other teams lined up to pay a first round pick for him. I guess Miami decided against trading him to the NFC teams that were clamoring for him.

I know, my reading skills are terrible.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Stephen Jones is an idiot GM in the making like his father. You drafted Taco Charlton with a 1st round pick. Cowboys traded a 1st round pick for Amari Cooper. How did that work out? I guess the Galloway and Roy Williams trades still haunt him.

Its OK, Minkah Fitzpatrick and Jalen Ramsey are worth 1st round picks. Plus Fitzpatrick has 4 years on a rookie term and Ramsey has 1 year left with both having option for 2 franchise tags.

So the only reason the trade was not made is because the Dolphins are looking for a higher order in the draft (Steelers pick vs Cowboys pick).

starfan1

Reaction score
At this rate no other teams need show up for next years first round of the draft lol

Miami is running out of players ain’t they ?

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
I havent watched the kid as a pro, but if he plays CB, then it seems he would be worth a first round pick to the cowboys, as they may have to part ways with BJ after this season, especially since he comes with a rookie contract.

Surely, miami saw that worthlessburger was out for the season and has visions of a top 10 draft pick. Should be much higher than the cowboys'.