Stephen: Not looking at trading for any player worthy of a 1st round pick

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
At this rate no other teams need show up for next years first round of the draft lol

Miami is running out of players ain’t they ?
It may pay off for them in a couple years. But, they may very well be the least competitive team in a generation, or more. This is shades of the hapless expansion bucs of '76.

Creeper

Reaction score
Trap game coming up with Miami.

In any case, the Cowboys cannot compete with the Steelers if the Steelers are going to give up a first round pick. The Steelers 1st is likely to be much higher than the Cowboys. Unless the Cowboys offer more than that, like a player or lower pick, they are not going to win. And maybe its for the better. As much as they need a safety, they are going to need a LT soon and a DT.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trap game coming up with Miami.

In any case, the Cowboys cannot compete with the Steelers if the Steelers are going to give up a first round pick. The Steelers 1st is likely to be much higher than the Cowboys. Unless the Cowboys offer more than that, like a player or lower pick, they are not going to win. And maybe its for the better. As much as they need a safety, they are going to need a LT soon and a DT.

A LT soon?

Get out of here.

Beaker42

Reaction score
He said they arent looking at trading for a player worthy of a first round pick. He didnt say they wouldn't trade a first round pick.
That’s OK - we don’t like drafting first round picks (or second) worthy of a first or second either.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s OK - we don’t like drafting first round picks (or second) worthy of a first or second either.

You mean like Zeke and Zach Martin and Tyron Smith and Travis Frederick and Van Der Esch and Jaylon Smith and Byron Jones and D-Lawrence? You don't think the Cowboys liked drafting those guys?

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
I would hate to miss out on the next marinelli-approved Dlineman because we traded the pick away beforehand.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I would hate to miss out on the next marinelli-approved Dlineman because we traded the pick away beforehand.

I cry myself to sleep when I think of all those amazing players we could've had at #27 instead of Amari Cooper.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Maybe he is but I have seen others simply misspelling the name not in jest.
How do you know it was not in jest? The "Stealers" spelling is a well worn corruption of the "Steelers" name. Goes back to when the Steelers players were doing steroids in the 70s but never got caught and the awful calls in the Super Bowl against the Cowboys.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
How do you know it was not in jest? The "Stealers" spelling is a well worn corruption of the "Steelers" name. Goes back to when the Steelers players were doing steroids in the 70s but never got caught and the awful calls in the Super Bowl against the Cowboys.

How do you know it is not in every instance?

Maybe some do and maybe some just do not spell the name correctly through ignorance.

I have called this out before and some have been honest and have said my bad for the spelling error.

Many fans these days have no idea about the 70's Steelers or their old ways.

Spelling errors are prevalent on these boards.

Some may very well mean to use Stealers as a pejorative term but some simply can not spell.

Contextually, I was asking for meaning, not assuming it. Hence the ?

Last edited: