Stephen: Nothing to Cowboys interest in Davante Adams rumor

tunahelper

Reaction score

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones when asked on @SASportsStar about having interest in Raiders WR Davante Adams: “No. I don’t think there is anything to that. We just signed our No. 1 guy (CeeDee Lamb) and (Adams) is a No. 1 receiver. When you have the challenges cap-wise that we have, that would be a long putt for us.”

Murmurs of the bag man.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I don't disagree with the strategy, but why did he have to talk about the salary cap??? The explanation was fine until then.

links18

Reaction score
Crying poverty again. Talk about a complete lack of self-awareness. Hey Stevie, isn't it your job to manage the cap? Apparently, you really suck at it.

stiletto

Reaction score
I don't disagree with the strategy, but why did he have to talk about the salary cap??? The explanation was fine until then.
They have to remind the fans "how dumb they are" and how much smarter "they" as the rich owners are. Simple as that.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have to remind the fans "how dumb they are" and how much smarter "they" as the rich owners are. Simple as that.
At least Jerry earned his fortune to buy himself this GM costume. All Stephen has done is be born and not die yet.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If we could somehow replace Daddy Jones and Big Boy Giggles with NFL executives that are accountable for on-field results, really know how to manage the cap and build a quality NFL roster, I would actually get a major upgrade of hope.
I do wonder when Jerry is gone if Stephen will do that or if he'll be like his Daddy and believe he's qualified to build a quality NFL roster despite the evidence to the contrary. I do expect Stephen to continue to be cheap and be the "cap expert," but I don't know if he'll be as adverse to hiring someone to run football operations.

LysleE

Reaction score

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones when asked on @SASportsStar about having interest in Raiders WR Davante Adams: “No. I don’t think there is anything to that. We just signed our No. 1 guy (CeeDee Lamb) and (Adams) is a No. 1 receiver. When you have the challenges cap-wise that we have, that would be a long putt for us.”

Translation: Jerry and I both know that having Davante would create a dilemma for opposing defenses in having to defend two, dynamic WRs; but since we stupidly extended Dak to an enormous contract; and we don’t have the knowledge and creativity to manipulate the salary cap to acquire talent that would instantly upgrade our team.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Cowboys front office is not interested in nothing which is why the team will be home when playoffs start