Twitter: Stephen on 105.3 - "Very Confident" in McCarthy

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
I wonder how Jerry feels that his QB's brother is retweeting negative things about McCarthy on twitter?

Tad wouldn't be doing that stuff unless Dak was okay with it.

Dak says fans should throw bottles at refs and Tad is retweeting negative things about the head coach of the team. He really has those leadership intangibles doesn’t he!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The HC of the Cowboys will not be fired in my opinion. Just like Jerry had a fondness for Garrett. Stephen Jones has the same relationship with MM. Plus Jerry does not seem to like having to payoff coaches still having years left on their contract. So like it or not MM will be here.

jerry is 79.

time is short.

Sydla

Reaction score
Mike is fine for now. But I would like him to go back to calling the offense. And fire his buddy Philbin and Nussmeir

Why do people want McCarthy calling the offense?

He wasn't some sort of genius calling plays before.

Ken

Reaction score
If MM is here (which i don't want) and Kellen goes(which i do want)- we need MM calling the plays. He can have an OC but HE needs to be calling the plays. I want more of the west coast flavor to what we do and he needs to earn his stripes.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Meatball Mike should be working at Olive Garden right now, but sadly he's going to get another year. This exact time in 2023 were going to have a new coach for sure.

Ken

Reaction score

It isn't my preference but if he is still HC here and Kellen leaves...i am ready to see him give it a whirl.

Aven8

Reaction score

I don’t know what he is as a play caller but he’s done it his whole career at least until now. It was weird that he didn’t do it here. I would prefer a new OC all together like a Shanny etc type

fivetwos

Reaction score
McCarthy has 11 months left.

Next year when they try to feature Zeke against a 1st place schedule....and they aren't sweeping the division again....throw in the fact that out QB is, well we know.

Big Mike is gonzo after next regular season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have no issue firing him but I mean he probably shouldn’t be factoring in he won 12 games under Jerry Jones….

pansophy

Reaction score
Here's the problem with keeping him on. I see no scenario where we don't lead the league next year in penalties. I see no scenario where players are not going to games exposing themselves to covid. Just no accountability at all. But hey he's a nice guy. Jason Garrett was a nice guy also. Ugh!
Penalties are usually about being outmatched physically. See Connor Williams. I don't see our penalties as an indictment of our coaches as much as an indictment of Jerry overestimating the talent on this roster.

Too many shiny objects -- too many holes in between.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I'm not generally in favor of overreacting to a small sample size ..... but the concerns that started in the preseason were never addressed. I don't know how you go into another season when he seemed completely unable to correct any of those.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
We could go 15-2 and get the 1 seed in the playoffs is anyone confident we’d win that game? I know I wouldn’t be

visionary

Reaction score
How do you expect to win if you don't get to the playoffs dummy. There's a simple solution for you if you don't making the playoffs means anything. I guess you rather lose for draft picks ...lol

It’s the “getting lucky” part I have an issue with …..dummy

do you think Brady or Rodgers goes into a game hoping they will get lucky? No, the go in prepared expecting to win

Only idiots say “let’s get into the playoffs then we might get lucky”…….. dummy

like I said, it is difficult to overstate the ignorance in that statement

Dre11

Reaction score
It’s the “getting lucky” part I have an issue with …..dummy

do you think Brady or Rodgers goes into a game hoping they will get lucky? No, the go in prepared expecting to win

Only idiots say “let’s get into the playoffs then we might get lucky”…….. dummy

like I said, it is difficult to overstate the ignorance in that statement

Idiot. They get lucky in fact Brady was lucky last season with his 3 picks vs Green Bay, and Rodgers was lucky as he hasn't played well in Nfc games read and learn dummy

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robrei...s-finally-end-his-nfc-championship-game-woes/

Reaction score
I've been saying it since yesterday: it doesn't matter if McCarthy stays or goes. The rot is higher up the ladder. And they aren't going anywhere

plymkr

Reaction score
I may take the next 2-3 years off as a sabbatical from football. Still love the Cowboys— but I am damn tired and weary at this point.
That's what I was thinking last night. I don't know how good this is for my mental health. It's like emotional self mutilation watching this crap. I'm jo smo fan but according to the eye test the Cowboys weren't ready to play and the 9ers were. Dallas had 6 pre-snap penalties and at least 2 or 3 impulsive penalties (Gregory tackles the offensive lineman) and no accountability for that undisciplined play.

Then you got the QB and the RB who arguably played the worst of the bunch and hasn't played well against winning teams are soaking up the salary cap so we can't add quality players.

Yep no problems here, we're fine. We like our guys and it's a process and we belong in the playoffs. Yeah we belong in the playoffs for 60 minutes every 3 or 4 years. But we're good, we're good, we have full confidence in what we're doing.

We are going to suck donkey balls until Dak and Zeke are gone. So 3 more years. This year was the best we'll get. When Dak's contract kicks into gear then the "talent" on this team will erode and we'll be a 5 win team.

As poorly as Dak has played since the bye just imagine no Gallup, Wilson, Pollard, Schultz, Cooper. It's going to be Dak, Zeke and Lamb. Dak can't read defenses, Zeke can't run and Lamb is flakey. And I'm not even going to talk about what's going to happen on defense. We'll lose Diggs cuz Dak's contract will give us no flexibility under the cap.

Ok rant over, but yeah I may tune out or de-prioritize Cowboys and the NFL for a couple years. Again it's emotional self mutilation