Stephen on "All-In" - "We spend max, max money year in and year out

ShortRound

Reaction score

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones on @1053thefan

on Jerry Jones saying Dallas would be "all in" this season: "Everybody has their own definition of what that means, but I've never not known us to be all in, nor have I known anyone we compete against not to be all in." What does he say to fans that don't believe the Cowboys have been "all in" this offseason? "We spend max, max money year in and year out. All 32 can only spend the same amount of money over a five-year stretch. When we're all said and done, we max out our salary cap every year. We will have done that. What comes with having a good roster, which we do, we're also looking towards signing our own guys. "It doesn't mean it happens overnight. But when you're wanting to sign players like Dak (Prescott) and Micah (Parsons) and CeeDee (Lamb), then you have to hold money back if you want to have a realistic chance of signing those guys."

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1780273027051045071/history

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones on @1053thefan on Jerry Jones saying Dallas would be "all in" this season: "Everybody has their own definition of what that means, but I've never not known us to be all in, nor have I known anyone we compete against not to be all in."

What does he say to fans that don't believe the Cowboys have been "all in" this offseason?

"We spend max, max money year in and year out. All 32 can only spend the same amount of money over a five-year stretch. When we're all said and done, we max out our salary cap every year. We will have done that. What comes with having a good roster, which we do, we're also looking towards signing our own guys.

"It doesn't mean it happens overnight. But when you're wanting to sign players like Dak (Prescott) and Micah (Parsons) and CeeDee (Lamb), then you have to hold money back if you want to have a realistic chance of signing those guys."

Kolemmitt

Reaction score

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones on @1053thefan

on Jerry Jones saying Dallas would be "all in" this season: "Everybody has their own definition of what that means, but I've never not known us to be all in, nor have I known anyone we compete against not to be all in." What does he say to fans that don't believe the Cowboys have been "all in" this offseason? "We spend max, max money year in and year out. All 32 can only spend the same amount of money over a five-year stretch. When we're all said and done, we max out our salary cap every year. We will have done that. What comes with having a good roster, which we do, we're also looking towards signing our own guys. "It doesn't mean it happens overnight. But when you're wanting to sign players like Dak (Prescott) and Micah (Parsons) and CeeDee (Lamb), then you have to hold money back if you want to have a realistic chance of signing those guys."

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

kevm3

Reaction score
And this is the exact reason why we never win anything.

I really do hope the chiefs come to Dallas and give the cowboys some competition. The fact that you know if things don't change, we have decades of more mediocrity and losing to come.