Twitter: Stephen: Rod and Taco didn't see eye to eye

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Sep 19, 2019.

1. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

55,917 Messages
    57,318 Likes Received
    We're well past that time.

It seems time for this coach to be judged on what's he's doing now, now what he may have done almost 20 years ago.

DakPresgoat and Ky31 like this.
  2. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

3,472 Messages
    2,959 Likes Received
    What worries me is that it might have been more than a talent issue that got him released from the team. If it was just the fact he straight up sucks, fine. But what is really? He was showing improvement and in the weeks the Cowboys were missing Gregory and Quinn, Taco is inactive? Something isn't right.

3. stasheroo

55,917 Messages
    57,318 Likes Received
    And his responsibility. And his accountability.

But we just have to be patient and wait for his 'retirement' after this season. And hope it doesn't cost us again this year like it did last year.

BAT likes this.
  4. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

9,695 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    we cowboys may criticize Marinelli to no end, well at least some do, but he is well respected in the NFL circles and the media familiar with the NFL. Rod drives his players hard, and expdcts a lot from them and pushes them to be their best. Taco seemed like he felt entitled being a first rounder and a spoiled player in Michigan...….bad pick on our part.

DEA_dad and lopey like this.
  5. stasheroo

55,917 Messages
    57,318 Likes Received
    Is being "liked" more important than being "good at your job"?

6. stasheroo

55,917 Messages
    57,318 Likes Received
    Do you find it "hard to blame the coach" who campaigned for the team to draft Taco?

BAT likes this.
  7. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

17,096 Messages
    15,316 Likes Received
    No need to wonder
    We’ve been there for a couple of years at least

8. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

4,022 Messages
    1,068 Likes Received
    If Taco pams out this year somewhere else Rod will be on the hot seat. I doubt it happens tho. Taco trash

Reverend Conehead likes this.
  9. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

8,207 Messages
    3,114 Likes Received
    From the looks of it, no team even offered a 7th round pick for him. 7th Round picks are the equivalent of undrafted FA signings. And Taco's salary is pretty low for a DE. Speaks volumes about Taco.

My guess is that he lands with the Dolphins, Jets, Skins, Bengals, or Stealers on a waiver claim. If none of them claim him, then maybe the Texans. I think he will probably have a mediocre career for a few years and then disappear.

BAT likes this.
  10. stasheroo

55,917 Messages
    57,318 Likes Received
    He and Rod were getting along so poorly that there was no repairing things. They talked in the offseason at which point Taco and his agent asked for a trade. The Cowboys then featured him during the lreaseon, and despite two great games, they still couldn't get another team to touch him. Not even the Texans, who he had the best game of his career against. That's how bad things got.

11. stasheroo

55,917 Messages
    57,318 Likes Received
    Rod is already on the hit seat. One foot out the door and another on a banana peel.

stilltheguru likes this.
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

17,096 Messages
    15,316 Likes Received
    We gave up on a first round asset with potential after 2 years because of a has been coach who will likely be gone after this year?

Yep, makes total sense

13. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

7,145 Messages
    4,480 Likes Received
    Yup, he was a "star" all his life and now he's being paid he's accountable. Funny how a proven coach with a track record of getting guys to produce is now this week's problem. Keep Taco over Marinelli? lol Like he's holding him back. Notice they couldn't get anything for him? There's a coincidence. Cowboys had the 7th best defense in the league last year. Yeah, Marinelli's a problem.

CowboyGil and CF74 like this.
  14. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

4,695 Messages
    4,985 Likes Received
    I suspect he'll end up in the CFL.

15. amame25

amame25 Member

81 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    Exactly what during his actual playing time did you see that gave him any justification to be throwing his weight around? All the rumors have said that he didn't work hard, was basically a malcontent, yet you want to stand behind him. This seems to be a pattern with you to buck any kind of authority. School must have been hard for you.

lopey likes this.
  16. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

4,695 Messages
    4,985 Likes Received
    I doubt it happens also. He MIGHT be good enough to be a backup somewhere, but I most strongly suspect he'll soon be out of the NFL.

stilltheguru likes this.
  17. GenoT

GenoT Well-Known Member

4,052 Messages
    6,723 Likes Received
    Old School vs Entitled Youth

Memo to Taco: JAG players aren’t allowed to have attitude issues.

Kaiser likes this.
  18. stasheroo

55,917 Messages
    57,318 Likes Received
    And a guy with one foot out the door already.

This entire 'transition thing' with he and Kris Richard is a complete farce. How people just go along with it baffles me.

Richard's calling the plays but we'll let the old man keep the title? Yep, sure hate to 'ruffle any feathers' or 'hurt any feelings there'. That's how all businesses handle things, right? It's all about the feelings isn't it?

Now it's to the point wher Richard is even the guy talking to the media, but yeah "Rod Marinelli, defensive coordinator". What a joke. This is as bad as when Monte Kiffin was flushing the defense down the drain. They couldn't bring themselves to fire him either, remember? He was 'reassigned' or whatever bull**** term they used.

Just like firing Scott Linehan last year was handle so well, and a 'mutual decision'. I hate being lied to.

ShortRound131 and visionary like this.
  19. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Benched

7,067 Messages
    9,403 Likes Received
    People complain on social media all the time. Just nobody cares. I have a wife and 3 kids I need my job. When you are dealing with millionaire athletes it's a totally different dynamic. He doesn't need to play for the cowboys. You don't think he expressed his greivances already with the staff and went straight to social media. Social media was likely his last resort

20. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

12,599 Messages
    13,026 Likes Received
    He must have punched Marinelli in the nose or something.

Hennessy_King likes this.