Twitter: Stephen: Tyron, Collins and Martin will be as good as we've seen them in a long time

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Dallas does not criticize its players to the public.

knight and Steele are not 1’s.

They need a RT.

If Collins doesn’t return as a starter, likely, then they have a player at RT.

They want 2-3 more seasons from TSmith.

same with Martin, who is 31 this November.

jnday

Reaction score
Dallas does not criticize its players to the public.

knight and Steele are not 1’s.

They need a RT.

If Collins doesn’t return as a starter, likely, then they have a player at RT.

They want 2-3 more seasons from TSmith.

same with Martin, who is 31 this November.
I am sure they do want 2-3 more seasons from Smith and Martin. Considering the injuries that they have accumulated, it is questionable if they are going to get it, especially with Smith.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Part of me really wonders if Tyron should have just gotten the surgery 2 or 3 years ago when the neck thing first starter.

Seems like he's always made the decision to miss a couple of games here and there, rather than significant time because of surgery, but that might have just dragged it out.

Well the first course of action should nearly always be the conservative one, can't always know if surgery will be required. I had bad tendonitis in an elbow a few years ago, doctor said let's try a strong course of ibuprofen for a couple of weeks, if that takes care of it we're good to go. Well it didn't had to have a cortisone shot, but it was worth trying...

jnday

Reaction score
I truly hope your cynicism is what it is and things end up better, but I'm not going to bet against it.
Such is the life of a Cowboys fan.
I certainly don’t have any false hopes after considering the trend of injuries that is only going to get worse with age. I know firsthand that back problems will only get worse with time and Smith will miss games and his level of play will drop as his back declines.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I certainly don’t have any false hopes after considering the trend of injuries that is only going to get worse with age. I know firsthand that back problems will only get worse with time and Smith will miss games and his level of play will drop as his back declines.
You do not have firsthand experience because you are not a professional athlete.

I've had 3 bulging discs that I've completely recovered from, but it's also irrelevant.

Any assumption that Tyron's level of play will decline because of back issues 3 years ago is completely speculative.

jnday

Reaction score
You do not have firsthand experience because you are not a professional athlete.

I've had 3 bulging discs that I've completely recovered from, but it's also irrelevant.

Any assumption that Tyron's level of play will decline because of back issues 3 years ago is completely speculative.
The back issues have been a problem for three years. I have had over ten surgeries on my spine. I have had just about every injury possible. A back injury doesn’t improve with age. Tyron is at the age when the back starts having deteriorated disc issues. When he misses several games this year, you will know the reason. The fact that he is a professional athlete will only causes his back problems to be worse than an average Joe.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The back issues have been a problem for three years. I have had over ten surgeries on my spine. I have had just about every injury possible. A back injury doesn’t improve with age. Tyron is at the age when the back starts having deteriorated disc issues. When he misses several games this year, you will know the reason. The fact that he is a professional athlete will only causes his back problems to be worse than an average Joe.
No, the back issues have not been a problem since 2018.

Your experience does not matter.

Discs may deteriorate, but it doesn't necessarily mean they will be an issue again during his career, or ever. The fact that he's an athlete means he's in shape, which is basically the best way to prevent a disc issue. So you're wrong about what it means to be an athetle.

The "Tyron Smith is always going to have back issues" is just baseless speculation for the sake of being negative.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LVE was supposedly over his injuries after surgery and he was so ineffective even when he was in the lineup healthy. Just stop talking, sounds like they're trying to convince themselves more-so than the fanbase
All teams talk about these things, although admittedly it is more likely to come from the coach with other teams. If the team wasn't talking about them fans would be bothered by that.

jnday

Reaction score
No, the back issues have not been a problem since 2018.

Your experience does not matter.

Discs may deteriorate, but it doesn't necessarily mean they will be an issue again during his career, or ever. The fact that he's an athlete means he's in shape, which is basically the best way to prevent a disc issue. So you're wrong about what it means to be an athetle.

The "Tyron Smith is always going to have back issues" is just baseless speculation for the sake of being negative.
The fact that his back will undergo more punishment and abuse as an athlete, only makes matters worse. Disc do not heal like other tissue and the fact that he is already missing games with the best doctors treating him only goes to show there is only so much they can do. I will say my experience does matter considering that everything I am saying came from some of the top neurosurgeons in the South. There is no great variation from disc deterioration and injuries do not vary from person to person to a large degree. The process is similar with similar results. As I said, just wait and the problems will appear again. Tyron’s disc issues are a problem now and have been for three years. Don’t you think they have tried to prevent it from reoccurring?

jrumann59

Reaction score
His neck stinger was last year that he had surgery for, his lower back is still a problem..
Yes neck injuries cannot effect other parts. When you start changing your posture to alleviate pain guess what problems flare up elsewhere. its is commonly called over compensation.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The fact that his back will undergo more punishment and abuse as an athlete, only makes matters worse. Disc do not heal like other tissue and the fact that he is already missing games with the best doctors treating him only goes to show there is only so much they can do. I will say my experience does matter considering that everything I am saying came from some of the top neurosurgeons in the South. There is no great variation from disc deterioration and injuries do not vary from person to person to a large degree. The process is similar with similar results. As I said, just wait and the problems will appear again. Tyron’s disc issues are a problem now and have been for three years. Don’t you think they have tried to prevent it from reoccurring?
I agree, we do not know what procedure he had to fix the stinger issue. Only he and Cowboys know the true prognosis. The Collins issue is just as compelling because how does a rumor start his hip was bone on bone. I mean that is huge leap on a hip injury on someone so young.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The disc issue has not been a problem since 2018. It did not need surgery then, and there is nothing to suggest it needs surgery now or will at any point the remainder of his career.

No, your back issue is not relevant, and unless those doctors have examined Tyron, they're opinion is also irrelevant. I could just as easily say that because I had three bulging discs and they improved without surgery - while I was still playing football - that the same applies to Tyron. But it doesn't.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Would hate to see week 1 starting lineup only include one of them...