Twitter: Stephen: we’re still looking at veteran free agents

Mannix

Reaction score
------How would you feel about this receiving core?

Amari Cooper
Micheal Gallup
CeeDee Lamb
Devin Smith
Noah Brown
Dez Bryant

I'd feel better if I never heard, or saw the name Noah Brown again....why does everyone keep trying to force a square peg into a round hole? The guy has NOTHING....except pictures of someone.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Its not tight. We should have close to 10 million left on cap space

Including the ability to cut Crawford, restructure Martins, Zeke's and Lawrence's lofty contracts and sign Dak to create more space.

We can get anything we want basically if we are ready to go all in for this year and the next 4. Now is the time or never. This is our competitive window if we plug in what's left that is needed.

warroom

Reaction score
How would you feel about this recieving core?

Amari Cooper
Micheal Gallup
CeeDee Lamb
Devin Smith
Noah Brown
Dez Bryant

What if Dez is that veteran presence he's referring too?
:popcorn:
I'm hopeful that two of the UDFAs will replace the last two names on your list. Better size, hands and speed than the 2020 Dez and Noah Brown.

Stephen Guidry
Kendrick Rogers

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Gimme Everson Griffen, Jabaal Sheard, or Clay Matthews and let's call it an offseason.

Mr_437

Reaction score

Amari Cooper
Micheal Gallup
CeeDee Lamb
Cedric Wilson
Devin Smith
Dez Bryant

Fixed that little issue for you. Noah Brown nor Dez is leapfrogging Cedric Wilson right now. Who knows Jon'Vea might have learned how to catch the ball better this past year.

On topic, Stephen has to be talking about signing a SS cause ain't none on the roster.

FA needs post draft:
1. SS
2. Swing OT
3. Edge
4. Punter
5. QB

quickccc

Reaction score
I have a feeling it will be more like a Clay Matthews signing vs a pricey guy like Griffin.

i dunno how that would play out though.
would mean implementing a soon 34 year old Clay Matthews as a down 4-3 end when he's been playing 3-4 OLB all his career ?
though we will be a base 4-3 scheme, and i get the impression we will playing some 3-4 in spots, packages and occasions
but i dunno if spots and occasions would be warranted to sign clay matthews to a one year deal.

especially with guys like Gregory and Alden likely to be in the lineup.
Matthews may want a greater, bigger role than that, more money than just a situational type and a base scheme that best fits him. o_O

quickccc

Reaction score

Amari Cooper
Micheal Gallup
CeeDee Lamb
Devin Smith
Noah Brown
Dez Bryant

Cooper
Gallup
Lamb
4th ?
5th ?
6th ?

Forget the Dez pipe dream, Totally self promoting.
Devin Smith and Jonvea Johnson are just too much the unknown, that's why i think Cowboys will be welcoming
2-3 more openings as the 4th, 5th and maybe 6th WR spots.

- i would think a healthy Devin Smith who was a former high 2nd rd pick would still have enough credentials to qualify as a 4th WR candidate
we just have to see what Kellen and the new coaching staff thinks of him this time around.
- Is Johnson still a finesse receiver with drop catch issues, he'll get another strong look in camp.
- i would think no need to mention Noah Brown - injury prone project blocker with very limited route tree
- i'm just not as big a fan of cedrick Wilson has some are. Injury prone and a limited possession type.
- Ventrell Bryant is pure special teamer that may not even be re-signed after his off field arrest incident.
Look for other new names to be added to the hat this summer.
o_O

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Gimme Everson Griffen, Jabaal Sheard, or Clay Matthews and let's call it an offseason.

I'd love to see us give Tony Jefferson a one-year deal coming off injury. Gives us at least one player who can handle strong safety if none of the younger guys can. Sign him pending a physical.

Bolstering DE isn't a bad move since the status of Smith and Gregory is unknown, but we know we don't have any true strong safeties. That and punter are my primary targets.

heir

Reaction score
Its not tight. We should have close to 10 million left on cap space
Exactly, The cap is not as tight as it seems. Right now Dak's number is over 30 million. Once he signs that number will drop by at least 15 million. Then we would get roughly 7 million back after June first from the Frederick retirement, which can basically fund our rookie class

Sydla

Reaction score

Amari Cooper
Micheal Gallup
CeeDee Lamb
Devin Smith
Noah Brown
Dez Bryant

Dez serves zero purpose.

I also don’t trust him not to pout and complain when he’s the 4th or 5th receiving option.

not worth it IMO