Stephon Gilmore released by Patriots (traded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
the fact that teams know he’ll be released lowers his trade value immensely. Really comes down to if cowboys are willing to trade for a likely rental and or money

Not really when he reportedly wants $15mil on the free agent market and you can trade for his current $7 mil contract.

Plankton

Reaction score
There is just no freaking way they randomly decided yesterday to release Jaylon then 12 hours later we find out Gilmore is released.

At the very least I would think they are extremely interested.

One has nothing to do with the other. They got zero 2021 salary cap relief for releasing Jaylon Smith. His salary was fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league year back in March.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have waited too long for a Ring . . . All the building is for a Championship . . . Now is the time

We are not promised tomorrow

Up until this week . . . no one was sure of our Defense

Now the last question mark is CB2. . . and there is a stud avaiable.

We have to acquire him not only because He makes this team better but because we cant let anyone else improve.

In a passing league. . . . Acquiring Gilmore is necessary

I admire your passion. For your sake, I hope they do work something out with him. You would clearly be over the moon happy. :thumbup:

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Nothing to be honest. Not because I don't think he's still good and an upgrade, but because I don't want to make a bad cap situation even worse, while giving up draft capital to do it. But that's just me.

financially makes sense and likely the most logical reason not to. I guess the question becomes do you (really Jerry) think Gilmore gets us over the top or at least a true super bowl contender

Jipper

Reaction score
This guy is going to cost too much for us...bet he ends up at a team like carloina...

NotForLong

Reaction score
the fact that teams know he’ll be released lowers his trade value immensely. Really comes down to if cowboys are willing to trade for a likely rental and or money
Yes and No . . . by announcing they will release Him. It forces team to make a decision now or forever hold their peace. . . kind of like a 1 day auction. . . there is some talk of the Packers pushing for a deal at the final HR . . . especially now that everyone figures its a foregone conclusion Gilmore is Joining Tampa if no one trades for him

Belicheck may be working the phones and playing 1 GM off of another.

Every Fan of a contender wants him on their team.

Belicheck is sly like a Fox.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Yes and No . . . by announcing they will release Him. It forces team to make a decision now or forever hold their peace. . . kind of like a 1 day auction. . . there is some talk of the Packers pushing for a deal at the final HR . . . especially now that everyone figures its a foregone conclusion Gilmore is Joining Tampa if no one trades for him

Belicheck may be working the phones and playing 1 GM off of another.

Every Fan of a contender wants him on their team.

Belicheck is sly like a Fox.

teams have already backed off when they found out what his new contract demands are

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
financially makes sense and likely the most logical reason not to. I guess the question becomes do you (really Jerry) think Gilmore gets us over the top or at least a true super bowl contender

Jerry certainly has in the past. He's often felt we were 'one player away', even when we clearly weren't. And those deals are often the ones we end up regretting the most.

That's the dilemma I have, do I think we might be a true contender, especially with Gilmore? Yeah, we just might be. And in that case, do you essentially go 'all in' this year while you have the chance? A lot of players (and possibly coaches) currently here, won't be after the season anyway. It's not an easy question to answer either way.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So he gets cut.....and geniuses on this site wanted the Cowboys to trade Gallup and a 3rd rounder for him.....SMH......some of y'all complain about Jerry but even he wasn't that stupid lol.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Jerry certainly has in the past. He's often felt we were 'one player away', even when we clearly weren't. And those deals are often the ones we end up regretting the most.

That's the dilemma I have, do I think we might be a true contender, especially with Gilmore? Yeah, we just might be. And in that case, do you essentially go 'all in' this year while you have the chance? A lot of players (and possibly coaches) currently here, won't be after the season anyway. It's not an easy question to answer either way.

definitely, it’s ironic we made “one piece away “ trades when we clearly weren’t lol and now we may actually be and we likely sit it out.

quickccc

Reaction score
Still believe management feel Joseph can be the long-term answer at the position.

But how do they feel about his play and contribution This year ?
What's his role and impact this year ?

And Anthony Brown is clearly our biggest glowing sore spot among starters, ..and among the secondary.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
definitely, it’s ironic we made “one piece away “ trades when we clearly weren’t lol and now we may actually be and we likely sit it out.

Not only that. This team wants to be dynamic with its blitzes and you got one of the best if not the best man to man corners in football available.

You can send the house and know that your 2 corners can give you a ton of time for your pressure to get there.

Should be interesting to see. I have to believe Dallas is looking to do this but money may be what doesn’t get it done.

Tampa won’t be concerned with money though. They’ll just spend.

NotForLong

Reaction score
teams have already backed off when they found out what his new contract demands are
Good . . . less competition lol

Only way he comes here is for 1 season . . . He doesn't fit in long term . . . that s why I felt the only way we acquire Him is in a trade scenario

Hopefully if He is released He is willing to come be apart of what the Cowboys got cooking in Big D

If He comes here and gets us deep in the Playoffs . . . he will definately answer all questions and get paid whatever He is asking for . . . in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.