Steve Jobs resigns as CEO, named chairman

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
theogt;4074330 said:
It's real. From this article:

They also revised the headline to read: "Steve Jobs TMZ Ill Photo Not Fake, It Is Very Real"

...WTH!

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hostile;4071433 said:
I am sorry, but I am someone who loves proper English and hate when it gets butchered. So Twitter and text messaging are like fingernails on a blackboard to me.

Are you aware that you are enitely in cotrol of the contents of the messages given and received via text or twitter?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4075228 said:
Are you aware that you are enitely in cotrol of the contents of the messages given and received via text or twitter?
I do not use either one and never have. I have no idea what you are even asking me.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hostile;4075296 said:
I do not use either one and never have. I have no idea what you are even asking me.

Just like this forum text messaging and twitter are forms of communication. Whether or not there is proper spelling and grammar is in your control.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4075301 said:
Just like this forum text messaging and twitter are forms of communication. Whether or not there is proper spelling and grammar is in your control.
Still no idea what you are talking about. How could I control the spelling an punctuation of someone else's text message or twitter speak? The only way I know how is to not use them and I don't, for that exact reason.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hostile;4075321 said:
Still no idea what you are talking about. How could I control the spelling an punctuation of someone else's text message or twitter speak? The only way I know how is to not use them and I don't, for that exact reason.

Because if you are texting your family I assume they know how to spell and use grammar.

I follow 101 people on twitter and all of them use complete sentences and proper spelling. I am in control of who I follow.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4075342 said:
Because if you are texting your family I assume they know how to spell and use grammar.

I follow 101 people on twitter and all of them use complete sentences and proper spelling. I am in control of who I follow.

Don't you follow some sports athletes? That makes this hard to believe. Actually, almost anyone on twitter shorthands almost everything. Even the sports news guys shorthand crap.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
nyc;4075526 said:
Don't you follow some sports athletes? That makes this hard to believe. Actually, almost anyone on twitter shorthands almost everything. Even the sports news guys shorthand crap.

Only a handful of athletes. Dez will post some shorthand which takes about .05 extra seconds to read. I appreciate a device that allowed me to talk to him and pretty much every one I've replied to. It's better than talking to you nerdos

big dog cowboy;4075555 said:
:eek: Is it just me or is that a lot?

If I can't get to my phone for 10 hours it still only takes about 10-15 minutes to catch up on the posts I've missed. A lot are comedians who only tweet One-liners a couple times a day. Some are seasonal like NBA reporters. Some dont tweet anymore but I just follow for sentimental reasons like Wade Phillips

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4075342 said:

You are boring the hell out of me with this. I assumed you had some revelation. Just an explanation of why I am not interested.

The sad thing is I think I'm about to get a job where I am 100% certain I will get texts.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Sad.

while I agree that Apple could be fine in the future lets not mistake the superstar that Jobs is to Apple. Sure Apple has many super talented people but make no mistake that the brightest of stars is Jobs. Those guys are tough to replace no matter how talented your bench is.

BTW, I am looking forward to his book coming out in November probably more than any other book I can remember. It is written by the guy who wrote the Autobiography on Newton and Ben Franklin. I think there will be quite a few things I do not like about Jobs but I still think he is a fascinating and iconic guy in technology. As I read last week, he was the most important guy in tech in 1978 and the most important guy in tech in 2011 (I am sure some will debate that but regardless he is damn important). Pretty amazing in an industry that changes so quickly.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy;4075555 said:
:eek: Is it just me or is that a lot?
It's alot, but I follow about 300.. I know 30 or so personally.

They don't all tweet at the same time, nor do I sit on twitter all day either.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4075660 said:

I joined Twitter a guess a year or two ago just to see what it was actually all about. Within a week I had 50 people I didn't know following me and when I looked at their "follow list" they were following like 5,000+ people. I couldn't figure that out. So, searched a few topics that I like and followed about 30 of them.

Next thing you know it I was getting 20 tweets every two minutes and people where sending links to pictures of their lunch, (!?!?) telling me they hate going to work, and that they are bored.

I haven't logged into twitter since. Every once in a while when I'm expecting breaking news, I might search twitter, but I absolutely will not login to that site.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;4075709 said:
I joined Twitter a guess a year or two ago just to see what it was actually all about. Within a week I had 50 people I didn't know following me and when I looked at their "follow list" they were following like 5,000+ people. I couldn't figure that out. So, searched a few topics that I like and followed about 30 of them.

Next thing you know it I was getting 20 tweets every two minutes and people where sending links to pictures of their lunch, (!?!?) telling me they hate going to work, and that they are bored.

I haven't logged into twitter since. Every once in a while when I'm expecting breaking news, I might search twitter, but I absolutely will not login to that site.
Well most of the people I know personally don't tweet. I follow some business people who may tweet about some event they're attending.

But the rest are sports media, some media personalities and celebs of different value.

The topics of discussion usually merit more value than the lunch pics and whatnot. For example, say a big time movie comes out, one of the journalists I follow may start up a discussion on it. Other journalists I follow who also follows that journalist may respond and a good twitter feed is born. :)

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hostile;4075649 said:
You are boring the hell out of me with this. I assumed you had some revelation. Just an explanation of why I am not interested.

The sad thing is I think I'm about to get a job where I am 100% certain I will get texts.

I wasn't trying to convince you to use anything. I was helping you look ridiculous. To get out of it I thought you'd go w/ im boring you(busy these days) or you frankly don't give a damn.

WoodysGirl;4075660 said:

do you try to catch up on all of it throughout the day or do you only skim when you're bored?

Every once in a while when I'm expecting breaking news, I might search twitter, but I absolutely will not login to that site.

you did it inocrrectly. Try again and this time start w/ the basics like Scheftet and Bryan broadus(very responsive). Then from there twitter will probably suggest some other football people for you.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Hostile;4075649 said:

Welcome...to the Real world.

39100350198-red_pill_or_blue_pill1.jpg

I know...you won't get it.

It doesn't matter...others will.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MarionBarberThe4th;4075774 said:
do you try to catch up on all of it throughout the day or do you only skim when you're bored?
Skim when I'm bored or have some free time. But I don't go back and try to read people's timeline. If I miss it, then I miss it.

I have it up during games and other shows/events just to see what folks are saying.