Steve Jobs resigns as CEO, named chairman

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;4067374 said:
I really have no bias for or against Apple, as I don't own even a single Apple product (that might change when the IPad 3 comes out), but Jobs is a freakkin' genius at what he does. I don't know how anyone could think otherwise.

A genius indeed. Apple will miss all of his innovations and how he connected w/ the end user, changing that entire experience.

What bothers me is that I don't see that genius remaining anywhere in Apple from reports I have read as far as a successor on that level. Apple is set for the next 3 years or so, because that's just business and you need the forcast.

How they respond after his vision is gone will be interesting to see.

All of this right after Google buys Motorola. Strange timing for his exit.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
theogt;4067245 said:
<a href="http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/science/Steve-Jobs-Bottom-Line---2.jpg" target="_blank"><a href="http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/science/Steve-Jobs-Bottom-Line---2.jpg" target="_blank">

Mark Zuckerberg is LOL@ your little picture here. :laugh2:

14billion net worth > 8billion net worth. Why even include the likes of Disney and Netflix and Cisco?

Get real.

Compare him to the Gates and Allens and Ballmers and Dells and Bezos of the tech world.

Net worth is really all of what it comes down to in the end, right? It's all about who has the most.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dallas;4067463 said:
A genius indeed. Apple will miss all of his innovations and how he connected w/ the end user, changing that entire experience.

What bothers me is that I don't see that genius remaining anywhere in Apple from reports I have read as far as a successor on that level. Apple is set for the next 3 years or so, because that's just business and you need the forcast.

How they respond after his vision is gone will be interesting to see.

Does Jobs have a son in waiting who he has trained and ingrained with his vision such that he could soon come in to rule his kingdom? ;)

All of this right after Google buys Motorola. Strange timing for his exit.

I haven't got a clue what this means.

kapolani

Reaction score
Dallas;4067089 said:
For a guy who dances around everything, my fact remains to be true. When Jobs walked away from Apple it tanked. Your saying that didn't happen?

I could care less if they are diff companies today. My point was that it did happen.

wi-fi triangulation? Do you REALLY want to get into that debate when there is NO WAY you or I could use that technology today?

"Hey Catch, you should turn on your Wi-Fi Triangulation App..wait..Oh..yeah that isn't available yet...but hey it's possible in like 10 years if everyone would get on board with it." See how silly I just sounded by throwing that solution up on the screen?

Are you that dense? You spun it like it was freely available and incorporated into every device and was being used world wide, when NOTHING is even close to that fact.

Yo. Genius. That''s what Find My iPhone uses. Not too bright are you? I gave you the articles... It uses wifi triangulation on wifi ONLY iDevices.

Before closing. The fact that Jobs is leaving Apple is BAD. I can't help it if you bury your head in the sand and have your hopes and dreams. Your a ginormous fanboy, that is obvios, but that aside, my points still remain valid. :eek:

The first time he left the company didn't have the iPhone, iPad, and Mac lineup such as it is now. Tim Cook has filled in three times since SJobs has been CEO. He's led it during one of the most difficult periods of the company with regards to the recent 2008 crash.

Again. You're not too bright if you can't see that it's a different day. Different time.

The fact of the matter is it's bad he left the company, which was the WHOLE point all along.

To who? Some idiot on a message board? Pundits are already rallying behind Tim Cook.

Like I said. You're not too bright.

Q.E.D.

kapolani

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;4067514 said:
Does Jobs have a son in waiting who he has trained and ingrained with his vision such that he could soon come in to rule his kingdom? ;)

Tim Cook.

He has been mentored by SJobs for the last 13 years.

It's also not like he left the company. He's now the chairman of the board.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc;4066024 said:
Karma.

(AOL Voice) Goodbye.
Congrats on being a horrible, horrible human being.

0826-steve-jobs-02pcn-credit-1.jpg

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Ozzu;4068824 said:
Jeez. He doesn't look long for this world. :(

That is very sad, I agree. He looks like an Auschwitz, victim.

Unbelievable he looks this bad.

Sad-Sad-Sad

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
theogt;4068821 said:
Congrats on being a horrible, horrible human being.

0826-steve-jobs-02pcn-credit-1.jpg

Figured.

No way he was going to resign from the thing he loved the most unless there was something very wrong.

Cancer is a horrible thing.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;4068870 said:
Cancer is a horrible thing.

I know the feeling. My mother passed away from Ovarian cancer over two years ago. Pancreatic is one of the worst forms. It's surprising that he's survived for almost seven years since being diagnosed.

IMO, Chemo is absolutely never going to cure cancer. It's simply the wrong approach. A whole new way of thinking will be needed. A thinking out of the box way of thinking. Perhaps, a Jobs-like way of thinking.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;4068878 said:
I know the feeling. My mother passed away from Ovarian cancer over two years ago. Pancreatic is one of the worst forms. It's surprising that he's survived for almost seven years since being diagnosed.

IMO, Chemo is absolutely never going to cure cancer. It's simply the wrong approach. A whole new way of thinking will be needed. A thinking out of the box way of thinking. Perhaps, a Jobs-like way of thinking.

My mother died of Breast Cancer when I was 10...God it's been 35 years.

Ranzo

Reaction score
Damn. That's a sad picture up there. I was pretty sure this was the case but that's hard on the eyes. He fought bravely I'd say and didn't have to run anything for years. He just didn't know any other way to live.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Theo, you don't have to be a smart arse about it.

Anywho, the photo was on TMZ, so it may well be authentic.

Been pretty busy all week, so I haven't had enough time to find out if Jobs is really sick.

I wouldn't be surprised if he never really beat the Cancer, was told to prepare himself and he just came back to work until he couldn't anymore.

I just found out today that a manager I use to work for died of Cancer at the ripe old age of 37 :eek:: .