Steve Jobs resigns as CEO, named chairman

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Hostile;4069345 said:
No idea who this is, and I don't get the point, or joke.

65d333140b00984bec8697e9629c359b_11610.jpg__thumb

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Hostile;4071061 said:
Yes, I am serious.
Oh cmon Hossy, you really don't get the joke, REALLY?

At the very least, take a shot in the dark and I'll say if you're hot warm or cold.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tupperware;4071178 said:
Oh cmon Hossy, you really don't get the joke, REALLY?

At the very least, take a shot in the dark and I'll say if you're hot warm or cold.
So it's a joke and not someone famous? Well, it went right over my head then. All I see is a man on a laptop.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Hostile;4071187 said:
So it's a joke and not someone famous? Well, it went right over my head then. All I see is a man on a laptop.
Well you know how you're always commenting you don't understand that flabbergasted twitter contraption?

The picture is supposed to imply someone of the not so technologically inclined era to be squinting at the screen trying to make sense of something.

To put it short, you don't understand those newfangled contraptions and therefore don't understand any of the reasoning behind having a dog in the fight and what's the point in debating, etc.

My dad is the same way, though he doesn't use the computer at all. He says the world would be better without them.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tupperware;4071197 said:
Well you know how you're always commenting you don't understand that flabbergasted twitter contraption?

The picture is supposed to imply someone of the not so technologically inclined era to be squinting at the screen trying to make sense of something.

To put it short, you don't understand those newfangled contraptions and therefore don't understand any of the reasoning behind having a dog in the fight and what's the point in debating, etc.

My dad is the same way, though he doesn't use the computer at all. He says the world would be better without them.
Okay. Not sure if that is funny or not despite 2 people laughing at your response. I don't get emotional over Steve Jobs and that is somehow linked to Twitter. Did he play a part in that? I really do not know what the hell the point or joke was.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Hostile;4071202 said:
Okay. Not sure if that is funny or not despite 2 people laughing at your response. I don't get emotional over Steve Jobs and that is somehow linked to Twitter. Did he play a part in that? I really do not know what the hell the point or joke was.
It's like when the younguns poke fun at gramps for not knowing how to insert a CD in to his computer. Although in this scenario it's a bit less severe, since obviously I know you're not that technologically inept.

Anyhow, the butt of the jokes usually don't find them funny anyway. For example, if you pointed out how I know about a 1/10 of what you know in Dallas cowboys history by posting some wet behind the ears picture, I probably wouldn't find it funny.

We all have our strengths and weaknesses around here ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tupperware;4071307 said:
It's like when the younguns poke fun at gramps for not knowing how to insert a CD in to his computer. Although in this scenario it's a bit less severe, since obviously I know you're not that technologically inept.

Anyhow, the butt of the jokes usually don't find them funny anyway. For example, if you pointed out how I know about a 1/10 of what you know in Dallas cowboys history by posting some wet behind the ears picture, I probably wouldn't find it funny.

We all have our strengths and weaknesses around here ;)
Oh so I am technologically inept was the joke? Okay. I admit that I am inept at knowing modern culture. Actors, singers, etc. I thought this guy was someone famous, but I have no idea who he is. And I still can't quite figure out what he has to do with me not caring about Apple vs. IBM. It just seems funny to me that so many people are passionate about the subject.

Lastly, I understand Twitter just fine when someone posts the image. It is the copy and paste where I have to try and figure out what the message is and then deciphering the spelling and punctuation that kills me. I am sorry, but I am someone who loves proper English and hate when it gets butchered. So Twitter and text messaging are like fingernails on a blackboard to me.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Hostile;4071433 said:
Oh so I am technologically inept was the joke? Okay. I admit that I am inept at knowing modern culture. Actors, singers, etc. I thought this guy was someone famous, but I have no idea who he is. And I still can't quite figure out what he has to do with me not caring about Apple vs. IBM. It just seems funny to me that so many people are passionate about the subject.

Lastly, I understand Twitter just fine when someone posts the image. It is the copy and paste where I have to try and figure out what the message is and then deciphering the spelling and punctuation that kills me. I am sorry, but I am someone who loves proper English and hate when it gets butchered. So Twitter and text messaging are like fingernails on a blackboard to me.
Well if it helps you feel any better, I have a hard time understanding what it means half the time. Oh and also, I don't exactly follow much modern culture myself. I very seldom watch TV unless it's a good movie. I can't stand shows like american idol and reality tv shows. I get most of my news and other info online, too.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Just a tad bit of info.

I worked for Apple back in the 90s when they weren't so cool and were mostly seen as a comeback company aside from those in education and music/video, et cetera.

I think it was 1998. I loved the way the company was ran. I didn't understand computers as well as I do now. They were cool, but so foreign. I was in to IMing and remember when that was sort of revolutionary technology.

I posted on Cowboys sites since the evolution of the internet.

I had what I thought was a measly customer service position. I think I made about 11.50 per hour starting out. Which wasn't bad, but I soon found faster money in auto sales.

In any case, having worked for Apple for about 6 months I respected them for their approach. Targeting education was brilliant looking back. At the time, Dell was focused on corporate sales. I know. Because I worked for them, too, and remember walking through the building with the sales figures for each department. Dell owned the business market, thus thrived in that time.

Now the market has turned to Apple's favor. If only I could remember how hard it was for Apple with Dell's dominance at that time. But, after all, Mr. Dell (who I don't have as much respect for) owned several macs according to his own statements. They were "cool".

But working for Dell wasn't as cool as Apple, just more glamorous.

Looking back I want to kick my teeth in for being such a dweeb. Even then, I think Apple had a leg up on technology.

In any case, I have mixed feelings about products just like anyone else. I have "hated" Apple, not Jobs personally (I admire him and his history). But that's what people do when they part with money for an accidental dropage (intentional misspell).

Really, though, there is nothing to hate about Jobs. He commands respect because he was brilliant. Having a family member who was once a CEO of an entire computer company, and is now CEO of AMD business, I know his brilliance and what he meant to the history of the technological bubble and the market every tech expert said would be almost impossible to crack.

Here's to you, Steve.

You did it.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;4068936 said:
Is this photo authentic?

Apparently not.

Steve Jobs Frail and Ill Photo Is Complete Fake

steve-jobs-ill-fake-e1314475216649.jpg

A photo of Steve Jobs looking frail and ill is a complete fake, and it’s a sad shame that someone went through the trouble to entertain people, and it’s probably a person with a sick mind.

The Steve Jobs photo first appeared Friday on the TMZ Website. Most people know that the Apple co-founder has been ill, but some people noticed right away that the image was fake. There are numerous signs that the head and body appeared copied in the picture...

http://www.newsoxy.com/entertainment/steve-jobs-ill-fake-29672.html

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;4073435 said:
Apparently not.

A photo of Steve Jobs looking frail and ill is a complete fake, and it’s a sad shame that someone went through the trouble to entertain people, and it’s probably a person with a sick mind.

The Steve Jobs photo first appeared Friday on the TMZ Website. Most people know that the Apple co-founder has been ill, but some people noticed right away that the image was fake. There are numerous signs that the head and body appeared copied in the picture...

That's pathetic. I hope he beats the disease, man. I'm pulling for him.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;4073435 said:
Apparently not.

It's real. From this article:

We spoke with someone directly at Pacific Coast News photo agency, the same agency that represents the photographer who took the Steve Jobs picture. According to them, it is a real image of what the former Apple CEO looks like today.

“These pictures were taken by a staff photographer. I can assure you that photograph is not fake. The only photoshop that has happened on those frames is some very basic color correction and a few alternative crops,” a representative from Pacific Coast News said in a statement.

“I’m afraid the guys with the conspiracy theories are wrong. It is rather sick to suggest anyone would manipulate a photograph of a gravely ill man to make him look worse. So, humbling and sad as the pictures are, they are 100% genuine,” the representative said. In fact, they are standing their ground, and their confidence is giving us the impression that Jobs is ill, as illustrated in the picture.

It seems like a genuine image of Steve Jobs and the photo agency is backing it up 100 percent. We all knew that he was ill and there are less credible sources that claim the picture if a fake. The man has been battling pancreatic cancer since 2004 and had a liver translate about 18 months ago.

They also revised the headline to read: "Steve Jobs TMZ Ill Photo Not Fake, It Is Very Real"