Video: Steve Mariucci explains Why teams should fear facing the Cowboys

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
It's been a long time. But right now, especially when after the bye and this team gets reinforcements, I don't feel like there's any team in the NFL that this Cowboys team can't beat as long as they play a clean game.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
This is the best offense I've seen fielded by the Cowboys in >25 years. They edge out the 2014 squad who I think had a better OL, but Pollard > Joseph Randle and Lance Dunbar and the WR corps is overall better.

The defense has a chance to be better as well and I'm starting to believe that this team is deeper. It's been a fun first 5 games.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
This is the best offense I've seen fielded by the Cowboys in >25 years. They edge out the 2014 squad who I think had a better OL, but Pollard > Joseph Randle and Lance Dunbar and the WR corps is overall better.

The defense has a chance to be better as well and I'm starting to believe that this team is deeper. It's been a fun first 5 games.
This is not better than the 2007 team. I said it then and I will always maintain...we blew a "gimme" Super Bowl that year

Romo, Ron Johnson
TO, Clayton, Glenn, Miles Austin, Sam Hurd
WItten, Fasano,
Marion Barber, Julius Jones
Gurode, Colombo, Flozell Adams, Leonard Davis
Spears, Ratliff, Ferguson, Bowen, Hatcher, Canty
Ware, Spencer, Bradie James, Greg Ellis, Kevin Burnett
Newman, Anthony Henry, Roy Williams
Nick Folk, Pat McBriar

Team was LOADED...LOADED....unreal that we blew it!!!!

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
This is not better than the 2007 team. I said it then and I will always maintain...we blew a "gimme" Super Bowl that year

Romo, Ron Johnson
WItten, Fasano,
Nick Folk, Pat McBriar

I said offense. I think the 2007 offense comes close but that OL had some warts that became apparent at the end of the road, Glenn was so injured, Austin hadn't broken out yet and Crayton was nice but nowhere near what we have today.

I think Zeke and Pollard > Barber and Jones.

Defense in 2007 was awesome, no debate from me there. I'd take that defense almost any day...except for their play in the playoff game :(

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I said offense. I think the 2007 offense comes close but that OL had some warts that became apparent at the end of the road, Glenn was so injured, Austin hadn't broken out yet and Crayton was nice but nowhere near what we have today.

Defense in 2007 was awesome, no debate from me there. I'd take that defense almost any day...except for their play in the playoff game :(

I take this team.

Garrett was a coach on that 2007 team.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
2007 vs 2021 is a hard one, but I'm also judging based on the level of competition on the other 31, not just how talented this team is.

I'm not seeing any team like, say, the '07 Pats Super Team that strikes fear in me in '21. I think based on the first five weeks at least, Dallas is as good as anyone else I've seen or better.

It's sometimes not about how loaded your team is but also how everyone else looks.

75boyz

Reaction score

Romo, Ron Johnson
WItten, Fasano,
Nick Folk, Pat McBriar

I'm equally biased and hold to strong opinions of 2007's overall roster as well. Don't think it's really been close actually.

Totally sucks that Brady and Hoodie had to have that kinda year in the same year.

But yeah, I still receive counseling for the loss to She-Lied and the Giants. And then to witness the Giants follow up Tyree catch miracle SB win over the undefeated Pats almost put me in a strait jacket, lol

jmo

Reactions: BAT

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Kellen Moore adjusts based on what he given, so nice to hear compared to the stubbornness was saw for a long time.

Reactions: BAT

Captain43Crash

Reaction score

That’s a big except!( the playoffs)

Hopefully this young D and new coordinator will get better and better into and thru the Super Bowl!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Be afraid. Be very afraid, is right. How don’t see how you stop us offensively.
a team with strong DL that can stop the rush and rush the passer with just thr front 4 and drop 5 or 6 into coverage...not that many out there.