Video: Steve Mariucci explains Why teams should fear facing the Cowboys

RonnieT24

Reaction score
This is not better than the 2007 team. I said it then and I will always maintain...we blew a "gimme" Super Bowl that year

Romo, Ron Johnson
TO, Clayton, Glenn, Miles Austin, Sam Hurd
WItten, Fasano,
Marion Barber, Julius Jones
Gurode, Colombo, Flozell Adams, Leonard Davis
Spears, Ratliff, Ferguson, Bowen, Hatcher, Canty
Ware, Spencer, Bradie James, Greg Ellis, Kevin Burnett
Newman, Anthony Henry, Roy Williams
Nick Folk, Pat McBriar

Team was LOADED...LOADED....unreal that we blew it!!!!

I think you mean Mat McBriar.. but who is Ron Johnson? Was that was supposed to be Brad? I guess folks have already corrected you on Crayton not Clayton. And why no mention of Doug Free on that line? That team had two first ballot hall of famers on it in Witten and Ware.. This team might have two in Tyron and Zack but there is still time for Zeke, Dak and Coop to make a case for themselves.. And Diggs and Parsons might sneak into that conversation if things keep going the way they are.

Reactions: BAT

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Left 4 more scores on the field IMO.

What's amazing is we have the second best scoring offense (missed being #1 by 2 pts), and we have left at least two scores on the table in every game because of our own miscues...this offense could be the most lethal since the greatest show on Turf if it can clean up it's mistakes.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
A few? He's going to get a few more for sure...gonna get one from the Pats. BAM!

I believe so. If we get up early in the score, Mac will have to press to try to keep up....with pressure on him, he is bound to put one in Diggs area and we know that is all he needs...an opportunity.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is not better than the 2007 team. I said it then and I will always maintain...we blew a "gimme" Super Bowl that year

Romo, Ron Johnson
TO, Clayton, Glenn, Miles Austin, Sam Hurd
WItten, Fasano,
Marion Barber, Julius Jones
Gurode, Colombo, Flozell Adams, Leonard Davis
Spears, Ratliff, Ferguson, Bowen, Hatcher, Canty
Ware, Spencer, Bradie James, Greg Ellis, Kevin Burnett
Newman, Anthony Henry, Roy Williams
Nick Folk, Pat McBriar

Team was LOADED...LOADED....unreal that we blew it!!!!

This team is better for sure. Running game is better, passing game is better, Oline is better, defense creates more turnovers. That defense didnt have the play makers. Much much better coaching on this team as well. Better leadership.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Elliott scored a TD on that drive five plays later, so how would that be one more touchdown since it ended in one?

You are correct, my bad.

So only 4 other scoring opportunities that were missed.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Be afraid. Be very afraid, is right. How don’t see how you stop us offensively.
Have a pass rush that can get there with 4. Have a great secondary that can bracket with good underneath coverage. Have a missle LB who can shut down the interior running game and cover sideline to sideline.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I said offense. I think the 2007 offense comes close but that OL had some warts that became apparent at the end of the road, Glenn was so injured, Austin hadn't broken out yet and Crayton was nice but nowhere near what we have today.

I think Zeke and Pollard > Barber and Jones.

Defense in 2007 was awesome, no debate from me there. I'd take that defense almost any day...except for their play in the playoff game :(
The QB situation - advantage 2007
The RB situation - wash
The WR situation - advantage 2007 (TO AND Terry Glenn are better than any WR on this team...Terry Glenn very underrated)
OL - wash. Tyron and Zach are better...but not enough to be better than the combo of Colombo, Flozell, Gurode and Leonard Davis. If Lael Collins returns and plays up to his ability...it would be a wash
The TE situation - advantage 2007
The DL situation - advantage 2007...not even close
The LBer situation - advantage 2007...not even close
The DB situation - advantage 2007
The special teams situation - advantage 2007

I am really starting to like the 2021 Cowboys...but I cannot put them in front of the 2007 team after 5 games. The Giants beat the undefeated Patriots in 2007. Justin Tuck is on record saying the toughest team they faced in 2007 was the Dallas Cowboys. He said that for a reason. We swept them in the regular season and we SHOULD have beaten them in the playoffs. We were that good.

Last edited:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
This team is better for sure. Running game is better, passing game is better, Oline is better, defense creates more turnovers. That defense didnt have the play makers. Much much better coaching on this team as well. Better leadership.
Wow! Wow! The Giants team we swept in the 2007 season...beat the 18 - 0 Pats. We were 13 - 3. After 5 games, you know the 2021 team is better?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wow! Wow! The Giants team we swept in the 2007 season...beat the 18 - 0 Pats. We were 13 - 3. After 5 games, you know the 2021 team is better?

Offense is definitely better. Coaching is 10 times better.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I think you mean Mat McBriar.. but who is Ron Johnson? Was that was supposed to be Brad? I guess folks have already corrected you on Crayton not Clayton. And why no mention of Doug Free on that line? That team had two first ballot hall of famers on it in Witten and Ware.. This team might have two in Tyron and Zack but there is still time for Zeke, Dak and Coop to make a case for themselves.. And Diggs and Parsons might sneak into that conversation if things keep going the way they are.
If the 2007 team took the field against the 2021 team...it would not be pretty. TO would feast against this secondary. Witten would feast against this secondary. Ratliff, Hatcher, Ware, Ellis, Spencer, Spears, Canty, Bowen would overwhelm this OL (although the addition of Collins would help). Gurode, Flozel, Colombo, and Leonard Davis could protect Romo EASILY against this DL. You do realize this OL led the way to the Cowboys beating the 2007 Giants TWICE!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Offense is definitely better. Coaching is 10 times better.
This offense is definitely better?

The coaching is 10 times better?

My goodness.

I HOPE you are right. And I am not a "get off my lawn" type of guy. But you need to put some respect on the 2007 team.
How is this offense DEFINITLEY better than 2007? Is the WR situation better? Is the TE situation better? Is the QB situation better? I love what I am seeing from Dak. But he has NOT passed Romo. I am pulling for him to pass Romo, but he has not at this point. The RB situation is a wash. A very similar fire and ice duo. Zeke is the best of the bunch. And the OL, without Lael Collins favors 2007. The 2007 Giants pass rushed featured Tuck, Strahan and Osi Umenyora(sp?)...is the 2021 Cowboys OL blocking them?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If the 2007 team took the field against the 2021 team...it would not be pretty. TO would feast against this secondary. Witten would feast against this secondary. Ratliff, Hatcher, Ware, Ellis, Spencer, Spears, Canty, Bowen would overwhelm this OL (although the addition of Collins would help). Gurode, Flozel, Colombo, and Leonard Davis could protect Romo EASILY against this DL. You do realize this OL led the way to the Cowboys beating the 2007 Giants TWICE!

I would put Diggs on T.O. and we would not hear from him all day. Diggs would pick Romo at least twice and AB would get one too. I saw what you said about Glenn being better than Coop and Lamb and frankly that's just a garbage take. Lamb is a much more dynamic playmaker than Glenn was especially the older version that played in Dallas. And Cooper is head and shoulders above him. I don't think he is better than T.O. but he's not as far off as you seem to want to represent. He's also a 10X better teammate which is important. The 2007 o-line would be grossly undersized against our current o-line. I would pay money to see prime Tyron against prime Ware. I think they cancel each other out but I think Collins destroys either Ellis or Spencer. Spears, Canty, Bowen, Rat and Hatcher were good players but none were GREAT players. It takes GREAT to beat this o-line. Good won't cut it. The combination of Martin and Collins on that right side leading Zeke would eat 2007 alive. Speaking of Zeke and Pollard.. I don't know what you were watching in 2007 to make you think they would be "a wash" with the current pair. Sorry but no.. Then there is Dak.. 6th year Dak is light years better than 2nd year Romo. Romo was still a turnover machine in those days.. He had 19 that year if I recall correctly and had like 7 or 8 more turnovers with fumbles. Romo might be the ultimate weak link in your hypothetical matchup. Oh and Witten? I would put Kearse on Witten and limit him to next to nothing.