Steve McNair scenario

Pooz

Reaction score
A guy at work told me this today and I think it's a great idea:

-McNair should go to the Texans
-The Texans trade D.Carr for a 1st rd pick this year or next
-The Texans draft Vince Young with the #1 pick and McNair can continue to work and help Vince develop until next year. The don't need R. Bush they already have a very capable back on a bad team D.Davis
-McNair retires

:cool:

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
Pooz said:

-The Texans draft Vince Young with the #1 pick and McNair can continue to work and help Vince develop until next year. The don't need R. Bush they already have a very capable back on a bad team D.Davis
-McNair retires

Very interesting, but doubtful. You never know. Looks like the Titans are kicking him out the door.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Pooz said:

-McNair retires

What's great about it? I don't see how one thing in that scenario helps the Cowboys even a little bit.

Shaun

Reaction score
Pooz said:

-McNair retires

It wouldn't be a bad idea for them to acquire McNair, but I doubt anybody would trade a 1st round pick for David Carr.

TooStupid

Talk is Cheap...Walk the Walk
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
Very interesting, but doubtful. You never know. Looks like the Titans are kicking him out the door.
Titans already sent him packing.

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
Part of all this with McNair is that he doesn't want to become a tutor to his replacement. That's what set everything in Tennessee on fire to begin with. Infact, virtually the exact same scenerio, right- they were refering to Young as the guy the Titans would take? Not in a million years would this happen, McNair is too proud. He won't do it in Tennessee, he won't do it in Houston.

Reaction score
Shaun said:
It wouldn't be a bad idea for them to acquire McNair, but I doubt anybody would trade a 1st round pick for David Carr.

agree. what exactly has carr done that would bring a 1st round draft choice in a trade?

Pooz

Reaction score
Hey this site talks about a lot of other NFL teams you Homers. There is a thread about every player released on this site. I put a scenario out there Get over over it! :)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Pooz said:
Hey this site talks about a lot of other NFL teams you Homers. There is a thread about every player released on this site. I put a scenario out there Get over over it! :)
In other words, this isn't a "Steve McNair Scenario" it's a "Vince Young Scenario" and this is yet another Vince Young will conquer the NFL threads and that is what you think would be great.

Hey, all we're asking for is a little truth in advertising. Is that too hard for you?

This could happen just like you dream it, Vince could become the best QB in the NFL, and I still wouldn't call this great. Know why? It doesn't benefit the Dallas Cowboys in any way.

If VY ends up in Houston I am beginning to wonder how many fans will jump ship to the Texans.

kartr

Reaction score
Pooz said:

-McNair retires

I'd rather have us pick up McNair who's qb rating was like 83. something with a poor supporting cast last year and then we trade Bledsoe for the 4th round pick we don't have this year and then we trade out the first round, picking up an extra second and a fifth, then draft Omar Jacobs in the second to be mentored by McNair for a couple of years. That would be a much better scenario, I couldn't care less what would help the Texans.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
kartr said:
I'd rather have us pick up McNair who's qb rating was like 83. something with a poor supporting cast last year and then we trade Bledsoe for the 4th round pick we don't have this year and then we trade out the first round, picking up an extra second and a fifth, then draft Omar Jacobs in the second to be mentored by McNair for a couple of years. That would be a much better scenario, I couldn't care less what would help the Texans.

What you doing? You trying to make Bledsoe4MVP commit suicide? :cool:

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
kartr said:
I'd rather have us pick up McNair. Then draft Omar Jacobs in the second. That would be a much better scenario.

Good idea. Maybe we can take a flier on Reggie McNeal in the 5th, too. You'd have your dream qb lineup then, kartr.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kartr said:

The QBs in my world are so very different from the QBs in your own.

Pooz

Reaction score
Hostile said:
In other words, this isn't a "Steve McNair Scenario" it's a "Vince Young Scenario" and this is yet another Vince Young will conquer the NFL threads and that is what you think would be great.

Hey, all we're asking for is a little truth in advertising. Is that too hard for you?

This could happen just like you dream it, Vince could become the best QB in the NFL, and I still wouldn't call this great. Know why? It doesn't benefit the Dallas Cowboys in any way.

If VY ends up in Houston I am beginning to wonder how many fans will jump ship to the Texans.
Are you always this uptight? I am just throwing ideas out. Didn't mean to stress you out. From now on I will PM you before posting to make sure all content is related to the Cowboys from now on.:write:

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Pooz. Don't be so defensive. Some people are just getting tired of asinine Vince Young theories. Longhorn fans are so infatuated with him that it wears thin. The guy has amazing ability, but he has question marks. He is clearly over-rated by Longhorn fans, and that over-rated belief has led to too many Vince Young "what ifs".