Steve Slaton

BigDave95

Reaction score
If we can get 500 posts in an Owen Schmitt thread, surely someone has an opinion on Slaton.

If we go CB/WR with our two firsts, there should still be some quality RB's in the 2nd. Is Steve Slaton one of the guys we should consider with our 2nd?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BigDave95;1952783 said:
If we can get 500 posts in an Owen Schmitt thread, surely someone has an opinion on Slaton.

If we go CB/WR with our two firsts, there should still be some quality RB's in the 2nd. Is Steve Slaton one of the guys we should consider with our 2nd?

2nd or 3rd, 3rd preferrably

we need fuzzy and theo to truly make this a thread

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
i like Slaton alot. he was my number three back to me.. RUNDMC, Ray Rice were the only to i had in front of him to start

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BigDave95;1952783 said:

Slaton is nice, but I want Chris Johnson our of East Carolina! Fire-up the flame throwers!

FLAM_lg.jpg

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1952793 said:
Mendenhall is better than Rice and Slaton...

i don't know to much about him so i just have to take you guys words on it

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'd prefer to get Schmitt over Slaton, but I like Slaton. Not sure how his style will translate to the NFL. I prefer Ray Rice or Chris Johnson as guys rated close to him. I believe Felix Jones is the guy we will target.

BigDave95

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1952793 said:
Mendenhall is better than Rice and Slaton...

No question. But if we're talking about 2nd round RB's, we're looking at Jamal Charles, Mike Hart, Ray Rice, Chris Johnson, Slaton, etc.

I think I'd go

Charles
Slaton
Johnson
Rice
Hart

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Hostile;1952806 said:
I'd prefer to get Schmitt over Slaton, but I like Slaton. Not sure how his style will translate to the NFL. I prefer Ray Rice or Chris Johnson as guys rated close to him. I believe Felix Jones is the guy we will target.

i do like felix and i think the same thing about targeting him

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Depends on who's available. I wouldn't be upset if we took him in the 2nd or 3rd. He's a quality change of pace back for Marion.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
BigDave95;1952783 said:

No more Owen Schmitt talk!! Steve Slaton was great last year he had a very average year this past season though.. He's pretty darn fast too

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BigDave95;1952812 said:
No question. But if we're talking about 2nd round RB's, we're looking at Jamal Charles, Mike Hart, Ray Rice, Chris Johnson, Slaton, etc.

I think I'd go

Charles
Slaton
Johnson
Rice
Hart
I think my order of those RBs would be...

Johnson
Rice
Hart
Slaton
Charles

I really like Ray Rice, but Johnson's speed is out of this world.

BigDave95

Reaction score
Hostile;1952806 said:

I would LOVE to get Felix too but I don't see any way he lasts into the 2nd and I think we go CB/WR in the 1st. There's just too much depth there this year to use a 1st on a RB.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Slaton is the guy I would want more then the others. He is not a guy who can be a 20 carry back over 16 games but he's a guy who can give you 10 quality plays with the chance to break it on every play. He blocks well, he can pass block, he's a willing inside runner, he catches the ball but mostly, he's a never say die kind of player. He will do whatever you ask of him and not complain. I see Slaton as a guy who could mesh well in his role with Barber. If you take Slaton, I don't think you ever have problems with playing time or roles. I really like Slaton.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BigDave95;1952827 said:
I would LOVE to get Felix too but I don't see any way he lasts into the 2nd and I think we go CB/WR in the 1st. There's just too much depth there this year to use a 1st on a RB.
I don't think we'll wait for the 2nd if Felix is there. Arkansas Razorback owner dontcha know?

BigDave95

Reaction score
Hostile;1952826 said:
I think my order of those RBs would be...

Johnson
Rice
Hart
Slaton
Charles

I really like Ray Rice, but Johnson's speed is out of this world.

Charles last? Talk about speed. He might be the fastest RB in the draft this year. He'll give Johnson a good run for his money.

Charles was VERY impressive late in games this past season.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BigDave95;1952832 said:
Charles last? Talk about speed. He might be the fastest RB in the draft this year. He'll give Johnson a good run for his money.

Charles was VERY impressive late in games this past season.
Not crazy about his running style. Think he will break down.

BigDave95

Reaction score
Hostile;1952831 said:
I don't think we'll wait for the 2nd if Felix is there. Arkansas Razorback owner dontcha know?

Believe me, I know. I'm an Arkansas alum.

I would not be upset at all if we took Felix at #28 but I just think with all the depth at RB, we go CB/WR in the 1st.