Stevenson's Draft Has the Cowboys Taking with their Second Round?

ms9221

Reaction score
Stevenson's Draft Has the Cowboys Taken with there Second Round?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cowboys[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DT[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fili Moala [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Southern California [/FONT]
Also there at our pick will be:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DT[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]B. J. Raji[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Boston College
[/FONT]
So what do you think of those two DT's being at our Second Round Pick.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think it's way too premature but I'm not certain they will go with a DT in the second. I think they have to go safety if a player is there. If not then OL or DL is ok.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
How good are they? I assume they are big NT types. They should be looking at S, ILB, OL with those early picks too.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Moala is not much bigger than Jay Ratliff. I would hope we go for a little more size. Raji would fit the bill IMO.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Moala is a classic 4-3 DT, not a true NT.

I know nothing about the other guy yet as I have not seen a BC game this year or read about him anywhere.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Only thing is that DTs typically take a few years to really gain the size and strength to really hold the middle in a 3-4 at the NFL level. A true 3-4 NT should have been taken in the draft several years ago under Parcells after he finally ditched the 4-3. When Parcells decided to make the switch, NT should have been first priority next to the OLB position. Poor planning, but it is never too late I guess. Just don't draft a guy like this and expect anything till his 3rd season. I still remember shaking my head when Wilfolk fell and NE got ahold of him. Imagine our defense w/ Wilfolk in the middle......

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Raji is a big dude and could fit the bill the one issue with him is I believe he's had some troubles in college which is why he's being projected to fall into the second round rather than going by the middle of the first round.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2431641 said:
Raji is a big dude and could fit the bill the one issue with him is I believe he's had some troubles in college which is why he's being projected to fall into the second round rather than going by the middle of the first round.

He's listed as 6-1, 323 pounds. He missed the 2007 season for academic reasons.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Raji is a second rounder right now. He could climb or fall. He has been intimidating and has also disappeared at times. Clemson's OL pushed him and the other draftable NT from BC around all game. And they aren't very good but they are huge. NFL sized huge. Even compared to our OL. So I don't know how good he is.

Most of these guys still have a few years to grow stronger. Not many men are completely physically mature at 21 years of age. Some but most get there by 25. It's a physiological process.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Moala would be a DE in our 3-4. Good player, great value pick if he slid to us at the bottom of the second round. Just not our biggest need. A lot of mocks going into the college season had Moala as a possible #1 overall pick.

I'm surprised so many people on this board are pining for Raji. He's had some serious off-field/discipline issues at Boston College. I'm not saying we shouldn't take him, I'm just surprised that with some of the posters we have here it hasn't been discussed.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2431668 said:
Moala would be a DE in our 3-4. Good player, great value pick if he slid to us at the bottom of the second round. Just not our biggest need. A lot of mocks going into the college season had Moala as a possible #1 overall pick.

I'm surprised so many people on this board are pining for Raji. He's had some serious off-field/discipline issues at Boston College. I'm not saying we shouldn't take him, I'm just surprised that with some of the posters we have here it hasn't been discussed.
I can see that.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2431711 said:
man, that is a long ways out.

I'm not talking about you but I just don't understand why people get so mad when we talk about future draft picks. I personally love the draft.

Here's why I love watching football.
1. Dallas Cowboys
2. USC Trojans
3. Watching college playes I'd love to see the Cowboys draft.

I can talk Cowboys and/or draft all day long. If you don't like it, or think it's too far away to discuss, ignore the thread. Personally, I'm not that big on autographs and memorabilia. When I see threads on those, I don't get mad or anything. I completely get that some people really dig that stuff . I just don't click on those threads.

I'm off my soapbox now.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
You guys haven't figured this out yet? You guys think we need a DT... so on our first pick, we'll take a WR. If you think we need a MLB, we'll take a safety, if you think we need a backup QB, we'll take a defensive end. Just give it up.

I wouldn't even be shocked if we took another TE.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I always thought it was Parcells who was fascinated with adding two TE's every year. When we drafted Bennett last year, when the entire world had us taking a WR, I just laughed. If we took a TE high this year I would literally cry like a little girl.

This draft will be wide open. IMO NT and a ball-hawking S are our biggest needs. With the talent on this roster Jerry may simply take the Best Player Available with our draft picks. Jerry has a lot of Day 2 picks and only one Day 1 pick and I just can't imagine him waiting around for those picks.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
A large, effective run stuffer wouldn't be a bad spot for us to consider. Of course it's still early, but we certainly could use some more consistent run stopping play from the inside of the DL.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

His work ethic and smarts as well as maturity have been questioned.

Wrangler87

Reaction score

We have all realized that our #1 need in the offseason is a real NT, allowing Ratliff to move to one of the two DE's spots, where he can excell in the pass rush like he did last week, without having to take the beating on the early downs.

Unfortunately, things that we realize usually takes Wade much longer to finally realize (Brad Johnson, TO in motion, Press coverage.....need I go on?)