News: Stick a fork in the Cowboys -- the playoffs are a pipe dream

RS12

Reaction score
IRVING, Texas -- Under the current NFL playoff format, no team has ever started the season 2-6 and made the playoffs. The Dallas Cowboys won't be the first.

We can talk about Tony Romo's return in two weeks and all the alleged talent on the Cowboys' roster, but the reality is this team has found ways to lose all season. There's no evidence that will change in the season's final eight games.

Only the 1-7 Detroit Lions have a worse record in the NFC than the Cowboys.

As you would expect, coach Jason Garrett refused to give a concession speech after the Cowboys' 33-27 overtime loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday night at AT&T Stadium. So did owner Jerry Jones. The few players who chose to deliver a message to their fan base after the loss preached optimism.

"I think we're a good football team. I know some may think that's silly to say halfway through the season when we've lost six in a row," tight end Jason Wittensaid. "There are no moral victories. That's clear and I want everyone to know that, especially the fans.

"We have to look at it one week at a time and fight our way out of this. This team is made up of guys who fight together and coaches that do the same."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14094505/stick-fork-dallas-cowboys-playoffs-pipe-dream-nfl

slick325

Reaction score
Can't say I disagree with JJT at all...

Would love to eat crow or be proven wrong by the 2015 Cowboys though.

Gaede

Reaction score
I'll give up if we lose to the Bucs. Doing so gives Romo no room for error.

As long as we have a chance at 9-7, there is still hope with this crappy division.

RS12

Reaction score
A below average QB(Bradford) with average weapons just made mince meat of this defense. So Romo will run the table? I think Newton and Rogers and probably the 4skins at least once have other ideas.

Wizarus

Reaction score
We could have still had hope if we had won just 1 game. Just 1 game out of 6 against a majority of unimpressive teams honestly.