Still can't believe we got Cee Dee Lamb at 17

Tussinman

Reaction score
To make things even better he's in a perfect situation.

Most high ranked WRs that get picked early struggle the 1st year because of shaky offensive play and not alot of depth (hence the reason why they where selected). They end up with questionable QB play and being covered by the #1 corners

Lamb is coming in with a good o-line, good running game, and 2 already established WRs playing with him. He's going to be a mismatch if teams put there #3 CB on him

DFWJC

Reaction score
Besides the Cowboys.....

There were a few lucky teams in round 1 this year.

Both the Dolphins and Chargers didn't take the bait to give up extra very high picks to move up, yet they both got their QBs.
I thought it was a huge missed opportunity for both New York and Detroit, but both were asking too much for their picks. Take a little less, pick up and extra 2nd and 3rd (or future 2nd), and still get the exact same player you drafted anyway.

The Bucs badly wanted a stud Tackle and ended up getting the top one on their board all the way down at 13. But that was a bit of a panic/sucker 1 slot trade up to get him. Still way worth it but weird. San Francisco once again pulled a fast one by getting a "free" 4th rounder while still drafting Kinlaw anyway.

The Broncos had to be stunned that Jerry Jeudy was there at 15. Badly wanted a WR and got, most likely, the top one on their board.

The Ravens always seem to make their own luck. Patrick Queen was who they coveted, but many had him going in the 20 range. They didn't panic and waited and landed their guy at 28.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Not sure if I am following you perfectly, but if you are suggesting these two should be included with CD, please don't forget Drew Pearson. One of the very best Cowboys receivers ever.
Thank you,, good check brother.
That expands the legend of 88 even further.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
haven't been this excited about a 1st Rd pick in a long time...even more than Zeke.
maybe Aikman level.

It's strange. I remember being excited kinda like this when we got Tony Dorsett. Only because at the time I had followed him since HS since he ws the #2 ranked HS RB recruit in 1973 and I went to school with the #1 (who washed out of college due to injury). Also about Randy White. The draft wasn't near as hyped in those days but even the moderate fans knew these guys. Aikman was the next to fire me up. Big space in between.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Did they pick someone else like a defensive player? No did they trade the pick seeing how WR was not a pressing issue? No they stayed true to their board and took the BPA but there are always option but they choose to stay and make that pick.
Lol aiight

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Still can't believe we got him at 17.

Have a feeling he is going to be better than Dez ever was and if Cooper stays healthy and productive over the next 4 years, Lamb is going to have some huge seasons...even with Prescott throwing to him!
Even with Prescott throwing the football. That’s one of the best things about it. Prescott has improved so much in so many ways

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Super stoked about him. I’ve stopped openly wishing for players since Aaron Donald (with the exception of stupidly hoping for a Derwin James tradeup) because it never pans out and the boys just do their own thing.

HOWEVER. I was crazy running around the house screaming for Lamb from when the Broncos took Jeudy on. And when they were on the clock I celebrated before the pick was even announced, because I just knew it.
Miles Austin. Shouldn’t even be in the same sentence

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This could be our best wide receiving corps in 20 years

Thomas82

Reaction score
I still can’t believe some fans weren’t happy about it and wanted the Cowboys to reach for a corner or safety with that pick. Lamb fell to us and a few fans were complaining about the pick.

I'm with you 100% on this!! But CeeDee was exactly who I wanted us to draft.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Austin’s short lived peak didn’t even coincide with Dez’s

In 2012, Dez broke out and Miles was still solid but that year is comparable statistically to the 2020 combo of Cooper/Gallup.

Of course, he talked about what the HOPE was for Dez and Austin. What we hoped at the time isn't the same as what we know with hindsight.