Still doubt that passing is more important that rushing?

RunDMC

Reaction score
Today. Now, next week, he might not.

They may get lucky and beat the Eagles, but that's only because they stink too. Really it's pathetic how we need this division to be all time bad to stay alive.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They may get lucky and beat the Eagles, but that's only because they stink too. Really it's pathetic how we need this division to be all time bad to stay alive.

Your rant makes sense here.

wick

Reaction score
I'll take my ground and pound rushing attack and defeat your passing team everytime.

If your team passes better than mine, you'll win. If not, you'll lose. Over and over and over again.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
You gotta play it towards your teams strength followed by some misdirection otherwise you have no identity or success. Right now we are struggling with backups and guys coming off surgery...

RunDMC

Reaction score
Luckily for us Kelly is an awful coach. If the defense forces a three and out maybe just maybe we can score a TD. Not holding my breath. These are two awful, awful football teams. Bradford is the worst quarterback we've faced well since Bradford.

Hardline

Reaction score
If your team passes better than mine, you'll win. If not, you'll lose. Over and over and over again.

Your offense will be on the sidelines the majority of the game. My offense will be methodically grinding your defense down on long time consuming scoring drives.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your offense will be on the sidelines the majority of the game. My offense will be methodically grinding your defense down on long time consuming scoring drives.

It works in harmony with each other. If you can't run the ball, passing gets harder. Now maybe you still have the talent to overcome it but it sure is easier to throw the ball if the LBs and Ss have to respect the run threat. Not to mention the fatigue that sets in having to defend smashmouth football.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
People misread why we were so successful in 2014. It wasn't because of DeMarco Murray and the running game. It was due to Tony Romo having one of the great passing seasons of all time and by far his personal best. The second Giants game is instructive. We ran the ball as well as you can, amassing 233 yards at 5.7 per carry. We lost because Cassel threw three interceptions that caused us to lose the passing battle with the Giants.

And why did Romo have his best year.........wait for it.........because the running game was so good

wick

Reaction score

Did the NFL count the second Giants game as a win?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Exactly right. He had more advantageous situations to throw the ball. I don't know why people want to have this run vs. pass debate. Seems silly to me. I want to and we should seek to do both equally well.

They love grabbing one statistic and running away with it, like it has to be a choice

If you pass better than your opponent and defend the pass better than your opponent than you will win a lot more...really???

If you turn the ball over and punt less than your opponent you will win a lot more as well

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
various:
Yes, positive QB rating differential is about as foolfproof as the +3 TO stat.
Run games should give you balance and allow your team to force the defense to keep run defenders on the field but there is a reason every offense in the league goes to a spread formation for 2 minute warning.
And every college that consistently scores 40+ per game just uses 2 minute offense all game.
They may run out of those sets but they are aggresive sets that make you defend the entire field and create space.

Right now Dallas can't create space because the players on the edge sans Dez are weak sauce. Tony makes up for that with play elongation but it is very evident none of these guys can get open right now.
I have zero idea why we arent using a lot of pick plays like other teams so even scrubs can actually get open.
I'd be using Escobar like SEA did Graham outside and in pick sets.
If this staff doesn't think Escobar can help right now they might as well cut him.

Garrett isn't calling all out passing because that'd be pretty stupid. Fans are largely ignorant but calling for all out passing with Cassel to TWill and Devin Street is the epitome of goofy.
When we got into all out passing mode Cassel proved he was garbage. We didn't need to see that all day.
If we are lucky we never see a Dallas team with Cassel or Weeden at QB playing a defense like Seattle ever again.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
A Coach has to play to his team's strengths but every Coach in the NFL would rather have a franchise QB and a strong passing attack then anything else.
That's why QBs make 20+ mil per year and RBs about 3m.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Did the NFL count the second Giants game as a win?

If they don't return the KO for a TD and win on a late FG would the running game get the win or would it be a loss since we lost the turnover battle and the pass efficiency battle?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
People misread why we were so successful in 2014. It wasn't because of DeMarco Murray and the running game. It was due to Tony Romo having one of the great passing seasons of all time and by far his personal best. The second Giants game is instructive. We ran the ball as well as you can, amassing 233 yards at 5.7 per carry. We lost because Cassel threw three interceptions that caused us to lose the passing battle with the Giants.

No, it caused us to lose the turnover battle.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think there was ever really much doubt about which was more important, was there? You only need to look at the wins and losses. The conclusion pretty much concludes itself if you're not dead set on believing the opposite for whatever reason.