Still hard for Cowboys to win with Jones style ownership

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Aikman came out a couple years ago with scathing comments on this . And not much has changed.

Amazing as he nears 80 years of age we still have fans who hope his leadership of Cowboys Football is going to take us back to a Super Bowl.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Aikman came out a couple years ago with scathing comments on this . And not much has changed.

Amazing as he nears 80 years of age we still have fans who hope his leadership of Cowboys Football is going to take us back to a Super Bowl.
Yep, this is our lot as Cowboys fans
We either make the best of it or jump ship.
Looks like Stephen is not going to be much better.
Sigh.......

fivetwos

Reaction score

Every year at this time my "hope" centers around being able to overcome that problem somehow.

All Jerry has to do is make it clear that MM is the man and everything starts and ends with him.

His ego won't allow it....so again, I just hope that they can win in spite of the HC having clipped wings and everyone knowing it.

At the very least, I hope Lawrence has quit telling rookies not to pay attention to the coaches because Jerry runs everything.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Feel good stories like Jaylon are more rewarding than any old superbowl win could ever be.
For me I am Happy because I get to route for Dak. . so for me Jerry is Good in my book

Because without Jerry Dak never would have happened

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

it probably won't. we have to wait until he is no longer in charge.....not wishing him anything ill, but at some point, he has to step away. However, I am not so sure if his son is any better as he has learned to be his Dad for the past 30 years....he is just as good in spinning as his dad is.

maybe cowboys are the new Cubs....99 year curse?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As fans, we hope they get lucky. Luck got us Romo and Prescott or this could be a lot worse. Even the Romorooters have to admit, he did keep it interesting.

But what are we going to do? Find another team? I don't see that.

And I recall my pleasant surprises at the 2014 and 2016 seasons when I was expecting a losing season and they ended up with the best record.

Here's the fly in the ointment for many here, history. Good or bad, it clouds everything in a year to year league with few repeating divisions winners and not one in the East since 2004.

Those 20 winning seasons in a row, 8 trips and 5 rings are ancient history and you need to let that go. 8-8. followed by a 6-10, let that go too. Clean the slate every year and manage your expectations. It really is a better way to approach the season.

Keeping count on the last trip to the SB or even the NFCCG, does that really lend itself to the word the OP used, "hope". Don't pay disappointment forward, that doesn't work. That doesn't prepare us for anything and surely doesn't soften disappointment.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Yep, this is our lot as Cowboys fans
We either make the best of it or jump ship.
Looks like Stephen is not going to be much better.
Sigh.......
I tend to disagree I believe Stephen will yield alot of the Power. I dont see being the face of the Cowboys is as important to Stephen. . . I believe the manic control over the team that Jerry maintains stems from His ego over the Jimmy Fiasco.

This need is not as deeply seeded in Stephen. . in every Empire every son that inherits it runs it their way when they gain full control

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry overspent on good players, Stephen does less of this but to the other extent that most free agents he aquires are long shots to be really productive players. Both of them settle for building a good team on paper. Both have been at fault for keeping guys too long, handing out max contracts to good players or aging ones and not getting the return on the investment. Neither has the backbone needed to keep players in line.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh wow, another off-season (well actually all-season long) obligatory hate on Jerry / FO / team thread.

TC can't get here fast enough.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@Diehardblues Did you not see the thread with the Cowboys having the #3 offense, behind only KC and GB?

Dak and Co. are capable of laying 40-burgers on any defense. Which defense do you have stopping this offense?

If Dak and Co, produce then it is game over, right? Why are you focused on Jerry and not the players?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As fans, we hope they get lucky. Luck got us Romo and Prescott or this could be a lot worse. Even the Romorooters have to admit, he did keep it interesting.

But what are we going to do? Find another team? I don't see that.

And I recall my pleasant surprises at the 2014 and 2016 seasons when I was expecting a losing season and they ended up with the best record.

Here's the fly in the ointment for many here, history. Good or bad, it clouds everything in a year to year league with few repeating divisions winners and not one in the East since 2004.

Those 20 winning seasons in a row, 8 trips and 5 rings are ancient history and you need to let that go. 8-8. followed by a 6-10, let that go too. Clean the slate every year and manage your expectations. It really is a better way to approach the season.

Keeping count on the last trip to the SB or even the NFCCG, does that really lend itself to the word the OP used, "hope". Don't pay disappointment forward, that doesn't work. That doesn't prepare us for anything and surely doesn't soften disappointment.
That’s exactly the mentality our owner would prefer everyone taking.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
@Diehardblues Did you not see the thread with the Cowboys having the #3 offense, behind only KC and GB?

Dak and Co. are capable of laying 40-burgers on any defense. Which defense do you have stopping this offense?

If Dak and Co, produce then it is game over, right? Why are you focused on Jerry and not the players?
You’ll see.