Still hard for Cowboys to win with Jones style ownership

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It will,, people will continue to see the idiocy.....Stop harassing me.....it's getting creepy.
You ain’t seen nothing yet.

You’re free to walk away at any time.

I’ve tangled with much bigger Trolls and Homers than you.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No, it’s all about receiving more credit for success on the football field. And he must be held accountable.

He tried winning championships when a HC received most of the credit and was the face of the franchise. That wasn’t enough for our frikin owner.

It's that and many more things that Jerry controls to his liking.

To say that getting credit is high on the list when credit isn't due is short sighted.

Towards the end of their relationship, Jimmy's free-spending ways with players became a problem.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's that and many more things that Jerry controls to his liking. To say that getting credit is high on the list when credit isn't due is short sighted.
Right.. it’s unfortunate we the fans haven’t held him more accountable this era. Instead we’ve rewarded him for the product and results this era. No wonder he’s unwilling to change. He must think we love the job he’s doing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ll say it again. Amazing we still have Jethro supporters amongst our fans . Creepy…

I know thousands of Cowboy fans here locally and I’ve never met one . Interesting that they are only on an anonymous fan forum.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Right.. it’s unfortunate we the fans haven’t held him more accountable this era. Instead we’ve rewarded him for the product and results this era. No wonder he’s unwilling to change. He must think we love the job he’s doing.

I'm not too sure that he really cares what we think as fans, as long as he's in control of his hobby. Of course, when the fans and media turn on him in great numbers, things change enough to make him seek relief. The last days of Jason Garrett exemplified that in no small measure. Out, he went, to his chagrin.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not too sure that he really cares what we think as fans, as long as he's in control of his hobby. Of course, when the fans and media turn on him in great numbers, things change enough to make him seek relief. The last days of Jason Garrett exemplified that in no small measure. Out, he went, to his chagrin.
Which is a great example how he responds to public pressure.

Imagine if he had empty seats and revenue was plummeting. He’d have to react. That’s all I’ve ever argued and campaigned for. But the fans thru their purse have never forced the issue.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Which is a great example how he responds to public pressure.

Imagine if he had empty seats and revenue was plummeting. He’d have to react. That’s all I’ve ever argued and campaigned for. But the fans thru their purse have never forced the issue.

There are far too many Cowboys fans who show up to be seen, rather than be heard attending games. It's a status symbol and just one of the reasons why they're so tame when it comes to making noise to support their team. They're also not knowledgeable enough, nor do they care enough to withhold their patronage and thereby force the Dallas front office into making some necessary changes to improve.

Ignoring failing results on the field should never be ignored, as they sometimes are. Jerry and Stephen have, fortunately, become quite reliant upon Will McClay to tend to their talent acquisitions. Perhaps one day, they'll learn to listen to their fans a lot more to improve their on-field results. That might take a long while, from the looks of it, though. As long as they keep filling their seats, fan approval might not be a high priority. o_O

Last edited: